Zubels Has Hand-Knitted Organic and Eco-Friendly Gifts for your Tot!
Tired of looking for the latest 'must-have' gadget that every kid seems to have at the top of their 'wish-list' this Christmas? I personally am sick of all of the hype. I mean, my 5 year old is asking me for video games. Whatever happened to the days of simplicity? Get back to the basics with Zubels handknit cotton toys. Zubels are fun, colorful, and a favorite of both boys and girls! These adorable toys help to spark creativity through pretend play. Being made from 100% cotton and hand-knitted with love in every stitch, Zubels bring back the nostalgia of homemade gifts. I think parents truly appreciate that more for their child.
When our package arrived in the mail, my little boy tore into it. There was a little hand-knit football player doll and also a little cheerleader with adorable little ringlet ponytails. My little Braxton picked up his football player doll, and announced, "This one is my BOY doll, and this GIRL doll is for my cousin Lauryn. She will LOVE it!" He was referring to the little girly doll which had a rattle in her head. I could immediately picture one-year old baby Lauryn enjoying and loving on that sweet little dolly. We are going to give it to her for Christmas:)
Here is more on Zubels (from their website)
Our Organics collection uses 100% certified organic Cotton yarns. Organic cotton is grown without the use of harmful pesticides and is better for the environment. Zubels organic cotton is certified organic by the Global Organic Textile Standards (GOTS) organization. Each Zubels from our Organics collection is knit using 100% organic cotton and stuffed with a soft poly fiber fill making them snugably soft.
Zubels is an eco-friendly product for several reasons.
- Zubels uses 100% cotton yarn. Cotton is a natural fiber and a renewable resource.
- Zubels has minimal packaging. By not packaging our product with excessive and needless packaging there is less waste of resources and less waste for the landfill.
- Zubels uses eco-friendly low-impact dyes. For more information on our dyes, see below
What are eco-friendly dyes?
Zubels uses only eco-friendly low impact dyes. Low impact dyes are eco-friendly for several reasons.
- They don’t contain toxic chemicals or mordants (used to help set the dye)
- They have a high absorption rate (which leads to less water needed during dyeing)
- They use low temperatures during dying (which saves energy)
- They are more expensive (which means that they are reclaimed and not wasted)
Zubels maintains a reasonable testing program to assure our customers that our toys are 100% safe for your child. All of our yarns are Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified and we follow all CPSIA/CPSC standards. For further information on our certification and testing, please email us at email@example.com
* You can purchase Zubels at fine gift retailers.
We recieved our own Zubels toy to love and to cherish for our very own. The opinions expressed are my own.