Golden Globes Sleek & Pulled Back - Gel is Back (Review)
Golden Globes Sleek & Pulled Back - Gel is Back
The beautiful Kelly Osbourne, Drew Barrymore, Hayden Panettiere and our recent celebrity crush Allison Williams all looked flawless with dewy skin and a touch of gel at this year's Golden Globes.
Hairstylist and beauty expert, Stephanie Flor dishes secret insider tips on how to achieve these different looks.
How to get the look
Pulled back Pony:
Emma Roberts and Sandra Bullock
- Using a comb, create a side part. *Insider Secret* begin the part above the end of your eye to create balance.
- Apply a dime size amount of L.A. Looks Polish Perfect
hair gelto the front of your hair, giving it the shine of a serum and the hold of a gel
- Next, comb back your hair into a ponytail
- You can try a side pony or straight back like Emma Roberts. You want to make sure you get all the knots by using a comb at the front of the forehead with gel
- Using some hair tools you can straighten the rest of the hair or curl it like Sandra Bullock did. You can also create a side bun by grabbing some bobby pins and pin the hair into the ponytail like Emma Watson. (You want the look to be a little messy so make sure you curl the ends and then pin them up.)
Gel Side Part
Drew Barrymore, Allison Williams, Kelly Osbourne, Lena Dunham
It’s important to choose a good gel depending on the hair look you want. Gels come in all different hold strengths from light to strong.
If you want the
- Create a side part and comb your hair so its knot free.
- Pin hair into sections. Using a small amount of L.A. Looks Wet Look gel, coat each section and comb from root to end.
- For all day shine, let it dry naturally For a matte look (like Elizabeth Moss), use a blow dryer.
If you want the look of Drew Barrymore and Allison Williams
- Apply L.A. Looks Mega Hold hair gel onto the palm of your hand and apply only to the front of your hair.
- Leave the back untouched so it flows naturally or style as desired.
- Don’t forget to use Zero Frizz to prevent flyaways so the look is focused on the touch of gel and not untamed frizzy hair. *Golden Globes touch- put the gelled side part behind your ear.
My Experience: I received a sample of La Bella Freeze and hold styling gel to review.
La Bella Freeze and Hold styling gel
- All day hold and shine
- Controls frizz
- Humidity resistant
My Experience: I absolutely love La Bella Freeze and hold styling gel because it holds my hairstyles perfectly and does not flake. It is also the perfect styling gel for fixing my little boy's hair into his favorite mohawk! It is never stiff or sticky.
Here is Braxton sporting his favorite hairdo. (He did not attend the Golden Globes, however.)
You can purchase these products at Walgreens.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.