Summer Travel Tips Every Traveler Should Read
Summer Travel Tips Every Traveler Should Read
According to the U.S. Travel Association, there was $645 billion spent on leisure travel in 2014. Much of that is spent during the summer, when people take trips to visit family, explore new destinations, and hit the beach. Any time of the year there can be challenges when traveling, but especially in the summer, when the weather poses different types of things to consider. The good news is there are plenty of ways to help ensure travel this summer is safe and healthy for everyone involved.
“The first thing people think of when they are going to do some summer travel is having fun,” explains Tina Aldatz, chief executive officer of SAVVY TRAVELER. “But what they should put at the top of their list is staying safe and healthy. That’s the only way to actually be able to enjoy the trip to begin with.”
Here are some summer travel tips to keep in mind when planning a trip over the next few months:
- Be a minimalist. Forget packing everything and anything you can, which will weigh you down and drag on your mind. This year, aim to be a minimalist by packing the least amount of items you can, while still making sure you have the essentials for your vacation. You will appreciate the benefits that come with being a minimalist when traveling.
- Get physical. It’s important to maintain an exercise routine of some sorts even while on vacation. This is a great time to mix up your usual workout by adding in some swimming, hiking, kayaking, or other traditional summer recreational opportunities.
- Keep hydrated. Summer months mean that it’s warmer across the country, so be sure to stay hydrated. This will help your body fight off any illnesses and keep you feeling better.
- Dress accordingly. Plan ahead to see what the weather is like where you are headed to, so you can include the appropriate clothing. Don’t overdress if it’s going to be warm, which can lead to becoming overheated during the summer months.
- Sanitize. Traveling exposes people to numerous germs that could lead them to become sick. One of the most effective ways to fight back against this is to sanitize using wipes for the hands, body and surfaces around you. SAVVY TRAVELER has made a line of eco-friendly convenient wipes, including sanitizing ones, designed for the health conscious traveler.
- Relax, too. Getting relaxation in while on your vacation is good for your health. It will clear your mind, and leave you refreshed and ready to take on the world when you get back home.
“Staying healthy is essential when you are traveling,” explains Jayne McAllister, of Jayne McAllister Travel Wellness. “The last thing you want is to spend your vacation sick or to come home from it. A little bit of effort in this area goes a long way toward keeping you and your family feeling great and enjoying the vacation.”
SAVVY TRAVELER offers a line of eco-friendly and convenient products that help to keep travelers healthy and comfortable, including antibacterial wipes, antiperspirant wipes, surface wipes, lens and screen wipes, facial cleansing wipes, foot safety shields, smile refresher wipes and more.
My thoughts: I was sent samples of SAVVY TRAVELER products to review. My family is planning a trip to Disneyland at the end of the summer, so I am excited to be able to put these convenient travel products to the test!
I received samples of the following:
Protects bare feet while traveling through airport security with soft grip bottom to prevent slipping and sliding. These are made of comfortable and breathable foam. Use them under your socks or bare feet to protect from germs. I am not flying on my trip, unfortunately, but I do plan to wear these to protect my feet in the germy hotel room!
Keep cool on long trips! These amazing wipes ore so convenient to use to freshen up after a long flight or car trip! Each individual pre-moistened antiperspirant wipe has powerful wetness & odor protection with Vitamin E. They smell very nice! Just discreetly wipe down those festering underarms before your greet anyone, and you will be good to go.
If you are on a long flight or car trip, your breath can get pretty stinky. You probably won't have time to brush your teeth! Just wipe your teeth and your tongue. They will make your mouth feel fresh and minty, and get rid of some unsightly plaque and 'mouth goop.'
These handy hand sanitizing wipes are so convenient! They kill 99.9% of germs. They are moisturizing and super sanitizing. While traveling, there are not a lot of opportunities to properly cleanse your hands, so be safe and take along your Klean Upz!
Everything you touch while traveling, whether it be in an airplane, surfaces in hotel rooms, door handles of a car, doorknobs, gas stations~ well, you get the idea. Everything you touch has been touched buy other hands that may have been not-so-clean. Yuck! Klean Offz surface wipes kill 99.9% of germs. I will be using these religiously when I travel to wipe down restaurant tables when my family dines out, to disinfect surfaces in our hotel rooms that the housekeepers may have missed (especially the TV remotes and light switches), and if you are on a airplane, wipe down that little tray in front of you! You just never know where disease may lurk. (I am a huge germaphobe!)
Often when I get to my hotel room, I am just tired and want to go to bed. Traveling can be exhausting and the last thing I want to do is wash my face. Take Offz are perfect! Just wipe them on your face and off comes grime, dirt, sweat and makeup! Your skin is left feeling amazingly soft because of the Aloe Vera, cucumber, chamomile, marshmallow & tea plant botanical extracts in these refreshing wipes.
Liquid Kourage Travel Bag
This clever see through carry on in perfect for keeping your toiletries as well as all of your travel essentials in one place. Since it is see through, you will have no problem locating things quickly. This bag is durable and convenient. (I am usually always cussing as I fumble through my purse to find things that I cannot see.) I love this bag!
About SAVVY TRAVELER
SAVVY TRAVELER offers a whole new way to travel that will help leave people feeling refreshed! Savvy Traveler offers a line of convenient, single-use, eco-friendly, disposable products that have been created for the "on the go" consumer. Ranging from quick-fix beauty needs like deodorant wipes, and facial cleansing wipes to surface wipe sanitizing products (even for your cellphone!), each item has been conveniently packaged and designed for the busy traveler.
About Jayne McAllister Travel Wellness
Based in Vero Beach, Fla., Jayne McAllister Travel Wellness is a company that provides corporate wellness training to businesses, which have employees who spend a lot of their time on the road. Jayne is a certified coach, who has a degree from the University of Cambridge, is a Pilates instructor, and is a certified holistic health practitioner.
For more information on SAVVY TRAVELER, visit the site at www.beasavvytraveler.com.
For more information on Jane McAllister's services, visit the site at: www.jaynemcallister.com.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.