Shay Mitchell - 2015 Teen Choice Awards - Get the Look plus Giveaway
Pretty Little Liar’s Star Shay Mitchell looked stunning at the 2015 Teen Choice Awards Sunday night, August 16th in Los Angeles. Shay’s makeup artist Patrick Ta shares the scoop on how to recreate her red carpet look!
INSPIRATION: “Shay and I have been working together for a little bit now and she really trusts me, so I am always able to play”, says Patrick. “We normally do a group chat prior to an award show to talk about the look and what she is going to wear. Shay loves fresh dewy bronze skin, which looks great on her! Tonight, the inspiration for her look came from her dress. It's white, modern and structured - we wanted to play up the eyes to go along with the dress".
GET THE LOOK - Here is Patrick's step-by-step breakdown:
- I love to prep my clients' skin with Bioré Charcoal Pore Minimizer to get deep into pores and draw out dirt and oil. This allows the make up to lay smoothly on the skin. Then, I apply a Bioré Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strip on the nose for blackhead removal and to keep shine at bay.
- Once the face was clean, I applied Hourglass Primer Serum to moisturize and help the makeup lay beautifully. Next I lightly used the Armani Designer Lift Foundation to ensure the complexion looked bright without appearing too heavy. Then I contoured the hallows of the cheeks to accentuate the cheekbones with Tom Ford Intensity One Contour Pallet.Next, I used Mac Select Moisturecover in NC30 to highlight and added Mac Cosmetics Golden Bronze to the apples of the cheeks. I then added the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer for additional highlighting. I finished the face off with a Translucent Powder from La Mer to help ensure long wear, and used a setting spray to give the skin a natural luminous finish”.
- To create Shay's eyes, I used a Mac Pigment in Tan on the lid. Then added a dark matte brown hue to the outer crease and bottom lash line for drama and definition. I recommend curling lashes and applying two coats of waterproof mascara for long wear. Finally I added Esqido Lashes for some twinkle.
- To create a thicker brow like Shay's this evening, try an Anastasia Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette.
- To complete the look, I used a Tom Ford bronze nude lipstick called Smoke Sable to compliment the blush.
More AboutBioré Charcoal Pore Minimizer ($8.99):
With purifying charcoal & polishing micro-crystals, this formula gets deep into pores, to draw out and bind to pore-clogging dirt & oil. Instantly diminishes the appearance of pores in just 30 seconds, and also over time. To use: Just add water and rub.
More About Bioré Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips ($6.49):
When you have oily skin, shine prevention is essential. For the first time, the Bioré skincare experts have added natural charcoal powder to the iconic Pore Strips, reducing oil for a full 24 hours. With next generation proprietary c-bond technology and potent charcoal, the strips remove clogs and weeks’ worth of buildup and you’ll see 3x less oil. Containing witch hazel and tea tree oil, the formula refines pores to diminish their appearance over time.
Enter to win! Three winners will be chosen to each receive one Bioré Charcoal Pore Minimizer and a box of Bioré Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips. (ARV: $16)
How? It's easy! Just enter to win using the Giveaway Tools form below. Good luck!
Available at drugstores nationwide - www.biore.com
Disclaimer: I received product samples in exchange for this post.