FIVE TIPS FOR KISSABLE LIPS IN TIME FOR VALENTINE'S DAY FROM CARMEX
Valentine’s Day is a time for red roses, romantic dinners and spending the evening with the one you love. With love in the air, there is sure to be some lip locking involved – and with the holiday right around the corner, it’s time to treat your lips to a little pampering and rejuvenation with Carmex® Lip Balm. Follow these five tips to have healthy, beautiful lips just in time for the big day, provided by Carmex®Lip Balm and NYC Dermatologist, Neil Sadick, M.D.
1. Exfoliate: Lips tend to become drier faster than other parts of the body, leaving them looking and feeling chapped or flaky. According to Dr. Sadick, the skin on your lips tends to become drier faster than other parts of your body, because the surface skin on your lips is thinner. So, be sure to use a mild exfoliant to slough off any dead skin on the lips and uncover smooth, healthy lips.
2. Moisturize: Apply Carmex® Lip Balm ($1.49) at least two or three times a day to ensure lips are continuously moisturized. It’s important to remember to re-apply after eating or drinking. Available in a variety of forms and flavors, Carmex® Lip Balm contains lanolin, which works with skin’s natural moisture defenses, and petrolatum, which soothes and hydrates dry lips.
3. Protect: Just like the rest of your body, your lips need protection from the sun in order to maintain their overall health and appearance. When heading outdoors, applyCarmex® Lip Balm SPF 15 Click Sticks ($1.49) throughout the day. This lip balm was awarded the Seal of Recommendation from the Skin Cancer Foundation and provides broad spectrum SPF 15 sun protection against UVA and UVB rays.
4. Hydrate: Staying hydrated is a great way to overcome chapping and dryness. Dr. Sadick recommends drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily to get fuller, more hydrated lips. He also cautions that licking one’s lips can be a habit that’s hard to break and may lead to further dehydration. When you have the urge to lick, apply lip balm instead, he offers.
5. If symptoms worsen, consult your physician.
Now, with Carmex® Lip Balm, there’s no excuse not to pucker up and give your Valentine a smooch! I keep mine by my bedside and apply it right before bed each night. I love Carmex! Carmex® Lip Balm may be found at retailers nationwide.
About Carmex®and Carma Laboratories, Inc:
For more than 79 years, Franklin, Wisconsin-based Carma Laboratories, Inc., has manufactured Carmex® brand lip balms. Carma Laboratories, Inc. is a family owned and operated business that was founded in 1937 by Alfred Woelbing, the inventor of Carmex® lip balm. Today, the company continues to produce its original lip care formula in its trademark jars, and has expanded the line to include flavored lip balms, ultra hydrating lip care formulas and soothing skin care products. The carefully crafted lip balm has been #1 pharmacist-recommended for 17 years in a row.
For more information, please visit: www.mycarmex.com.
Disclaimer: I received product samples to review. All opinions are my own.