Products to Support 2017 Non-Dairy Trend
Dairy alternatives are becoming more and more prevalent in lieu of dairy milk, which saw sales decline by 11 percent in 2016, according to VegNews. Recently, 32 members of Congress wrote a letter to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration arguing that the only milk that can legally be called “milk” comes from a cow. While the dairy industry continues to challenge the popular plant-based trend, consumers increasingly favor plant-based dairy alternatives whether they are made from soy, coconut, nuts, grains, seeds, or pea protein.
This year, Hain Celestial brings consumers several non-dairy options to support the latest non-dairy food trend:
DREAM™ Ultimate Almond: Original Almond Beverage
New Ultimate Almond Beverages from DREAM™ are premium plant-based beverages made with more nuts for a rich, homemade taste. Crafted with simple, wholesome ingredients, they contain four times more almonds than other almond beverages and provide 5 grams of plant-based protein in every delicious serving.*
- 4 times more almonds – 20g in every serving*
- 5 grams of plant-based protein from almonds in every serving*
- Made with real California almonds
- Crafted with simple, wholesome ingredients
- Lactose, dairy, gluten, soy & carrageenan free
- Available in shelf-stable and refrigerated formats
*These beverages contain 20g almonds per serving. Almond Dream® Original Almond Beverage contains 5g almonds per serving. See Nutrition Information for daily value of protein.
Rice DREAM™ Enriched Unsweetened Rice Drink
Rice DREAM™ Enriched Original Unsweetened Organic Rice Drink has a deliciously light and refreshing flavor with a hint of sweetness from rice (but no added sugar). It’s easy to digest and 99% fat free with no cholesterol, and it’s enriched with calcium & vitamin D. So feel free to pour it on – on cereal or fruit, in your favorite smoothie, or just have a cold and satisfying glass.
- #1 selling rice beverage in Natural Channels
- Offers all the goodness of rice with no added sugars
- It has a slight sweetness from the rice itself and is allergen friendly
- Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI)
Westsoy Organic Unsweetened Soymilk
USDA Organic Certified and Non-GMO Verified, Westsoy Organic Unsweetened Soymilk is made from whole organic soybeans. Smooth and creamy, with 9g of protein per serving, it’s deliciously nutrition and heart smart. Enjoy by the glassful, over cereal, or in your favorite recipe to add a delectable flavor and benefits of soy to your innutritious diet.
Contains no added ingredients
- Only water and organic soybeans
- Gluten Free
- Low in saturated fat and cholesterol
- 9 grams of protein but no calcium
- 5 grams of fat, compared to 0 calories from fat in skim milk.
*Product en route. Any opinions are my own.