HARTZ WANTS TO KNOW...How does your cat or dog like to play?
Do you live in a blended family - Kids, Dogs and Cats? Keep them all happy and having fun this summer with Hartz! There are lots of toys from Hartz for your kids to play with your fur-babies to keep them all occupied!
We cat lovers know that our kitties like to play in different ways. “There are four primary play patterns,” says Dr. Georgette Wilson, DVM, the Director of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs and resident veterinarian at Hartz Mountain Corp. “They may stay with one pattern or alternate among different types of play. The primary play patterns for cats are Swat, Hunt, Interact and Activity”.
Katherina Rivera, Senior Brand Manager, Hartz Mountain Corp. has chosen some great Hartz toys to fit every pattern…
WHAT PLAY PATTERN DOES YOUR CAT PREFER?
- Cats that love to swat prefer playing with small toys that move or roll easily. The Roll About Mouse™ has a sisal ball and a plush head, which cats want to chase after.
- Cats that like to hunt enjoy toys that resemble other animals. Among the Hartz, favorites are the Mini Mice™ and Chirping Bird™
- Cats that like interacting with their owners enjoy playing with wands. Toys that fit the bill include Twirl and Whirl® and Gone Fishin’®
- Activity craving cats like to preoccupy themselves with activity centers, hiding places and toys with scratchers
My cat Carol, loves anything that moves, including my fingers when I text, and that is painful! I had to re-direct Carol's playful energy with some toys from Hartz, and so far, she is keeping busy swatting at her Twirl and Whirl, as well as her Gone Fishin toys. I attached some fishing line to the Mini Mice toys, and my son, Braxton loves to entertain her by pulling it around the house for her to chase. Carol has never been outside to hunt, but I am certain she would be good at it!
Look at this crazy kitty!
Dogs like to play in different ways, and we as pet parents are attuned to their needs. “There are four primary play patterns,” says Dr. Georgette Wilson, DVM, the Director of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs and resident veterinarian at Hartz Mountain Corp. “Some dogs may have one favorite way of playing, others alternate among different types of play. The main play patterns are Toss & Retrieve, Tug, Comfort & Security, and Chew.”
WHAT PLAY PATTERN DOES YOUR DOG PREFER?
- Dogs that like to engage in Toss And Retrieve play enjoy the Hartz Dura Play® Ball and the Hartz Tuff Stuff® Flyer™
- Dogs craving Comfort and Security turn to plush toys such as the Quackers®
- Those that love to Chew the night away opt for the Hartz Chew ‘n Clean® Tuff Bone® (comes in different sizes)
My dog, Banner is a fetch kind of guy. His favorite toys are the Hartz Dura Play Ball, and he loves to carry around his Nose Divers Duck. He doesn't use it for tug of war, he simply wants you to throw it so he can fetch it. Banner is almost 14 years old, and still plays as if he is a puppy. We love Banner! We are taking him camping this weekend so he can swim in the lake.
Here is Banner, enjoying his Nose Divers Duck! He loves it!
*Product received. All opinions are my own.