Make Delicious Holiday Breakfast Recipes with Pete & Gerry's Organic Eggs
An egg is an egg is an egg, right? While they all look the same, there is a wide variety in how the hens who produce them are treated, and how the land on which they’re raised is farmed. This holiday season, when eggs are used in everything from souffles to cookies to a straight-up scramble, it is time to consider why choosing the right egg is so important - and why organic matters.
Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs adhere to the USDA Organic standards, and here’s what that guarantees for every Pete and Gerry’s egg:
- Our hens are never caged, and all our barns allow them access to the outdoors. Our animal welfare standards go even farther than the Organic seal requires!
- We never administer antibiotics or hormones to our hens.
- Our hens’ 100% organic feed contains no pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or GMOs.
- It’s also free of animal by-products (and the drug residues/pathogens that may be associated with them). No slaughterhouse waste allowed!
- Our farms are inspected at least once a year by a third-party certifier with USDA accreditation.
All Natural, Cage-Free? What do they really mean?
I absolutely adore chickens. I raised my own chickens for 7 years. I had 17 of them and they were always cage-free and were fed an organic diet. I kept my sweet girls very happy and my family always had plenty of delicious organic, cage-free eggs to enjoy daily. Unfortunately, our neighbors did not approve of my cage-free chickens wandering onto their property. In order to put a stop to the constant harassment and complaints of the neighbors, I agreed to relocate my beautiful hens to a nearby cage-free farm rather than deprive them of their free roaming lifestyle. Now I buy Pete & Gerry's Organic Eggs.
This is my sweet hen, Henrietta Jane.
The holidays are upon us now, and that means we will be having family gatherings which will include hearty and healthful breakfasts. Every year, on Christmas morning, my mother always makes a special Christmas breakfast. This year, we will be staying home, and my married children will be coming to my house.
I will be carrying on my mother's tradition of making a delicious family breakfast. Without a doubt, I will be using Pete & Gerry's eggs to make breakfast because I will only use cage-free organic eggs for my loved ones.
This year, I have decided to make a recipe that my mom has always used to make breakfast on Christmas morning as I was growing up. It is a ham and cheese omelette bake recipe. It is delicious!
Ham and Cheese Omelette Bake
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
12 Pete & Gerry's Organic Eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
1cup cubed ham
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook bell pepper and onion in oil 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
2. In large bowl, beat eggs and milk with whisk; stir in salt, pepper and 1 cup of the cheese. Add bacon and ham to pepper and onion mixture in skillet, spreading evenly over bottom of skillet. Pour egg mixture into skillet; top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
3. Bake 32 to 37 minutes or until just set and knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Enter to win! One winner will be chosen to receive two coupons for free cartons of Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs to make a delicious Christmas morning breakfast.
How? It's easy! Just fill out the Giveaway Tools form below. Good luck!
For more information, please visit: https://peteandgerrys.com
*Product received. All opinions are my own.