Back to School with Jif and Smucker's!
School is back in session! If your child is anything like my picky youngster, then you know what it is like to try everything under the sun to get them to eat something they like!
Thankfully, Smucker’s, Jif and Uncrustables products provide parents with easy and delicious lunch time and after school snack solutions. I have never been so happy that my son enjoys peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!
Here are some fun and interesting facts that about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that I have gathered:
- The Average American Eats 1,500 PB&Js Before Graduating High School
- 30% of Parents Make a PB&J for Themselves When They Make One for Their Kids
- 68% of Americans Prefer Creamy Peanut Butter to Crunchy
- In 1998, The J.M. Smucker Co. introduced Goober, a jarred product which combined alternating vertical stripes of peanut butter and jelly.
- February 12th and April 2nd are both National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day.
- During World War II, it is said that both peanut butter and jelly were found on U.S. soldiers’ military ration list.
- November 13, 2010, the World’s Largest PB&J Sandwich was made at the Great American Peanut Butter Festival in Grand Saline, TX. The new record stands at 1,342 pounds! 720 pounds of bread, 493 pounds of peanut butter and 129 pounds of jelly.
My son, Braxton has started sixth grade this year, and his favorite daily school lunch is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with Jif natural creamy peanut butter and Smucker's natural strawberry or raspberry fruit spread.
Jif and Smucker's are the favorite brands for my family, and have been for as long as I have been a mother! (Going on 25 years now.)
I can always rely on Jif to provide the best tasting, rich and creamy peanut butter, and Smucker's has the most delicious variety of fruit spreads I have ever had! We are also fond of Crustables, and Jif's new Natural Creamy Peanut Butter To-Go cups, which are perfect for dipping pretzels and celery sticks.