My Sweetest Obsession! Introducing Polaner Fruit & Maple premium Fruit Spread
I was recently given the chance to review a new product that sounded rather intriguing to me. A fruit spread that is sweetened with all natural Pure Golden Maple Syrup! I was actually thinking that the flavor of maple would overpower the taste of the fruit, but I was wrong! All I taste is delicious fruit.
I received samples of Polaner Fruit & Maple Premium Fruit Spread in peach and raspberry.
It is made from delicious fruits and real (pure) golden maple syrup – from Polaner, a food company that is over 100 years old. Their ingredients are so clean and simple:
Raspberry: raspberries; maple syrup; raspberry juice concentrate and fruit pectin.
Peach: peaches; maple syrup; peach juice concentrate, fruit pectin and citric acid ( natural preservative in the peach)
I opened each jar to sample them as soon as I received them. I enjoyed the most delicious sweetness of raspberries and peaches. Each flavor tasted as fresh as homemade. I couldn't detect the maple syrup at all, just pure, sweet fruit.
I have used these spreads in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, on my toast and as a spread on pancakes.
You can even use these spreads in baking. See the recipe below for these delicious raspberry lemon bars!
Raspberry lemon bars:
yield: MAKES 16 BARS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 25 MINUTES (INCLUDES CHILL TIME)
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
For the Filling:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1-14 oz. can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- One jar of Polaner raspberry Fruit & Maple premium Fruit Spread
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 8 by 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Stir until graham cracker crumbs are moist. Press crumbs into the prepared pan, pressing the crust mixture one inch up the side of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the crust is cool, combine the egg yolks and condensed milk until well mixed. Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until mixture begins to slightly thicken. Gently fold in the raspberries. Fold carefully so you don’t break the raspberries.
- Spread the Polaner Fruit & Maple premium Fruit Spread evenly over the graham cracker crust in a nice, thick layer
- Pour the lemon raspberry filling evenly over the fruit spread layer. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill for at least one hour before serving. Cut into bars and serve. Keep bars in the refrigerator-up to five days.
- Top with powdered sugar and fresh raspberries for garnish (optional) *Note-use fresh raspberries and make sure you gently fold the berries into the lemon filling or you will have pink bars.
For more information go to: https://polanerspreads.com
*Product received. All opinions are my own.