A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
GET GRILLIN’ WITH BIG MOE AND BIG RED’S SUMMER BBQ PROMOTION
Bold BBQ Pairs with Sweet and Smooth Big Red for Summer Contest
Big Red, America’s original and best-selling red soda, is kicking off the summer BBQ season with its “Get Grillin’ with Big Moe and Big Red” promotion. From June 25 – August 17, consumers have the chance to win a Big Red BBQ party, hosted by Pitmaster Big Moe Cason, and other BBQ related prizes. Contest details are available at www.bigred.com/bigmoe.
Known for its sweet and smooth flavor, Big Red is the perfect complement to BBQ’s spicy, salty flavors. Big Red has partnered with Big Moe, who is nationally regarded as a BBQ expert, grill master and competitor. He has competed in hundreds of competitions and served as a judge on “BBQ Pitmasters.”
“Big Red and BBQ is a long-standing tradition among our fans. We are thrilled to partner with Big Moe, and tap into his BBQ expertise and passion, and continue to be a staple at the BBQ table this summer,” says Big Red’s SVP of Marketing Thomas Oh.
Big Moe and Big Red will throw a deluxe backyard BBQ party for the grand prize winner and 50 friends. Secondary prizes include:
- iGrill 2 thermometer
- Big Moe BBQ sauces and rubs
- Weber Original Kettle Charcoal Grill
- Yeti Tumbler 20 oz.
ABOUT BIG MOE CASON
Big Moe Cason is a self-taught BBQ pit master. The Iowa native has participated in 260+ BBQ contests and was a season two finalist on TLC’s “Barbeque Pitmasters.” He was also a judge for Destination America’s “BBQ Pitmasters” in 2014 and “SMOKED” in 2013. For more information visit his Instagram , Facebook or Twitter .
ABOUT BIG RED
Big Red Inc. is one of the top 10 beverage companies in North America with a history dating back to 1937. Along with Big Red®, recognized as the number-one selling red soda, Big Red Inc. also markets beverage brands Big Red Zero®, Big Blue®, Big Peach®, Big Pineapple®, NuGrape®, and Nesbitt’s® products. Distributed widely throughout the Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Independent Bottlers and Pepsi Beverages Company, consumers across the country enjoy Big Red Inc.’s beverages. For more information, please visit www.bigred.com.
Join Celebrity Chef George Duran on a Quest for the Perfect Cheeseburger
Enter the Jarlsberg Sizzling Summer Burger Contest to Win Big
Contest Runs from July 2nd to August 27th
Jarlsberg® Cheese famous worldwide for its nutty, mild and sweet flavor launches a global recipe global contest starring two best friends: burgers and cheese. Cheese fans and all foodies can enter the Jarlsberg Sizzling Summer Burger contest from July 2nd to August 27th athttps://www.facebook.com/jarlsberg. Entrants will have the chance to win exclusive Jarlsberg® Grill Kits every week and the grand prize is a Big Green Egg Grill, so that winners can re-create their favorite Jarlsberg® burgers, just in time for Labor Day weekend!
The program also offers some great new burger ideas from Celebrity Chef George Duran. Duran, the Venezuelan born American chef, is well known for hosting cooking programs on TLC and Food Network and his appearances on numerous TV shows. He has created four distinctly different Jarlsberg® burger recipes, including one vegetarian burger and one burger with grilled pineapple slices in place of burger buns.
Each of Chef Duran’s four burger recipes offer a summer story and their own film:The Marvelous Meltdown (Jarlsberg® Fondue Burger), Melted Maui Madness(Pineapple Bun Jarlsberg®Burger), The Viva La Quinoa (Quinoa and Red Lentil with Jarlsberg®), and The Brooklyn Bacon Bonanza (Bacon Burger Stuffed with Jarlsberg®). The burgers are placed in different settings, and the ambience is quintessentially New York: three of the four burger shorts are filmed in a Williamsburg brownstone, and the fourth on a rooftop in Queens with the Manhattan skyline as a backdrop.
“As summer heats up around the world, we wanted to share some creative and luscious ways to enjoy burgers made with Jarlsberg® Cheese,” said Valerie Liu, Marketing Manager. “Chef George Duran elevates burgers in brand new melted and magical creations. You won’t want to stop at just one!”
Enjoy these creative, fun summer BBQ recipes from Jarlsberg® and Chef George Duran. To see all of the Summer Global Jarlsberg® Burgers, visit https://www.facebook.com/jarlsberg
The Marvelous Melt-down – Fondue Burger
For the burgers:
1 tbsp. panko-style breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. heavy cream
1 1/2 lb minced beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. salt
1/4 tbsp. black pepper
4 sesame burger buns
Red pepper flakes (optional)
For the Jarlsberg® fondue sauce:
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp flour
1 C. of whole milk
1 1/2 C. of grated Jarlsberg® cheese
1. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and heavy cream until absorbed ( about 3 – 4 minutes)
2. In a large bowl, mix the beef with the garlic and breadcrumb mixture until combined. Season with salt and pepper and form 4 large burgers. Make a large indentation in the middle of each burger and preheat your grill.
3. In the meantime, make the Jarlsberg® cheese fondue sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan and whisking in the flour. Whisk over a medium heat until browned. Slowly whisk in the milk and allow to thicken (about 3 – 4 minutes). Add the grated Jarlsberg® and whisk until smooth. Keep some cheese aside.
4. Grill each burger as desired, spread butter inside the buns and toast lightly. Arrange lettuce on the bottom half of the bun, followed by the burger. Then pour fondue sauce on top of the burger. Add the other half of the bun and pour more fondue sauce over the top.
5. Garnish with scallions and red pepper flakes.
Makes 4 burgers
Melted Maui Madness
1 1/2 lb. minced beef
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp. kosher salt
4 thick pineapple rings
4 red bell pepper rings
4 slices Jarlsberg® cheese
Thinly-sliced red onions
8 slices of cooked bacon (optional)
Lettuce and tomato
1. Pre-heat your grill.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the beef with the tomato paste, teriyaki sauce and salt.
Form 4 equal-sized burger patties.
3. Spray the grill with non-stick spray and grill the pineapple rings evenly on both sides.
Set aside and grill the peppers and burgers as desired. Top the burgers with Jarlsberg® cheese and allow to melt slightly.
4. Assemble your burgers using the pineapple rings in place of a bun and top with the
burger, cheese, peppers, red onion slices, bacon, lettuce and tomato slices.
Makes 4 burgers
About Jarlsberg® Cheese:
In 1956, we created Jarlsberg® Cheese, using an original Norwegian recipe. Why does Jarlsberg® cheese taste so mild, nutty and delicious? It’s all part of the legend…and Norway’s most guarded recipe! For more information go to www.jarlsberg.com
About Norseland, Inc.
Norseland, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of TINE SA (a cooperative of more than 13,000 dairy farmers in Norway and its largest producer, distributor and exporter of dairy products) is the exclusive importer, sales, marketing and distribution agent for Jarlsberg® cheese, Snøfrisk®, TINE Brunost Collection™, Ilchester®, García Baquero, Lotito®, Gabriella®, Parmissimo®, Old Amsterdam®, Igor and Couturier®. Headquartered in Darien, Connecticut, Norseland has national distribution across supermarkets, mass merchants, club stores, food service and convenience stores.
Fireworks, flags, family, friends and brisket – there isn’t anything more American than smoked meat to celebrate the Fourth of July. Whether it’s a holiday feast for just the family or the whole neighborhood, a big barbecued brisket is the perfect way to bring everyone together for a day of celebrating the red, white and blue.
The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Every year we invite a bunch of family and friends to help celebrate. This year, I am planning to make Stubb’s Brisket Tacos with Roasted Corn Avocado Salsa. I have a feeling it is going to be the best cookout I've ever had! I cannot wait. These tacos are delicious! Below is the recipe.
Stubb’s Brisket Tacos with Roasted Corn Avocado Salsa
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Roasted Corn Avocado Salsa:
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup grilled corn kernels (from about 2 ears fresh corn)
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 pounds shredded Stubb’s BBQ Brisket, with reserved pan juices
For the Salsa, mix all ingredients except brisket and tortillas in medium bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Tacos, warm tortillas in oven or grill. Serve shredded brisket in warmed tortillas topped with Roasted Corn Avocado Salsa and reserved brisket pan juices, if desired.
Makes 12 (1 taco) servings.
- Stubb’s grandson and BBQ Expert Rocky Stubblefield offers his family secrets to creating perfect brisket from start to finish, sure to make any griller an expert, from selecting to prepping to slow smoking it on the grill.
- Stubb’s Legendary Bar-B-Q was founded by C.B. “Stubb” Stubblefield in Austin, Texas, and his picture appears on every Stubb’s sauce, marinade and rub, available in 85 percent of grocery stores nationwide. Today, Stubb’s grandsons, Rocky and Reggie Stubblefield, serve as ambassadors for the brand, still headquartered in Austin.
- All Stubb’s products are free of high fructose corn syrup (the first or second ingredient in most barbecue sauces) and contain no artificial flavors or colors from artificial sources.
Rocky’s Brisket Tips:
Get a good crust: One of the most delicious parts of a brisket is the flavor crust. Make sure you rub the entire brisket generously with Stubb’s Beef or Bar-B-Q Spice Rub 15-20 minutes before the meat goes on the grill or in the smoker.
Fat side up: Whether in your smoker or on a charcoal grill, place the brisket fat-side up so that the fat drips down into the meat and it stays moist.
Slicing is important: Make sure you cut against or across the grain of the brisket for tender slices. Not sure where the grain is? It’s easier to see on the raw meat before it’s rubbed, so cut a notch when prepping to help guide once it’s cooked.
Add the sauce : As we say in Texas – it’s not done ‘til you add the sauce! Serve on the side for dipping or drizzle it over the top.
Enter to win! One winner will receive a bottle of Stubb’s Original Sauce, one bottle of Stubb’s BBQ or Beef Rub and some swag. (ARV: $50)
How? It's easy! Just enter to win using the Giveaway Tools form below. Good luck!
For more information go to: http://www.stubbsbbq.com/
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
Can you believe Summer is almost here? The weather is warming up, and it is time to plan some amazing BBQs! It is definitely time to ditch the ketchup in exchange for these mouthwatering recipes below. I'd also like to share these tips straight from national BBQ expert himself, Rocky Stubblefield.
DIY sauce recipes: Kick the ketchup habit with some fun, easy and tasty DIY burger sauces that you can make with some items you might already have on hand.
- Mustard + Original BBQ Sauce : ¼ cup mustard to every 1 cup of BBQ
- Bang Bang Sauce : Mix together 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 3/4 cup Stubb’s Original BBQ sauce, 1 heaping tablespoon of hot sauce and either a tablespoon of honey or some brown sugar depending on what I am cooking.
- Spicy Mayo: ½ cup of mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons of Stubb’s Spicy BBQ sauce
- Not Just Basic BBQ :
- For a sweeter BBQ sauce – add 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoon honey to 1 cup of Original BBQ
- To give your BBQ sauce a spicy kick – add habanero peppers to 1 cup of Original BBQ (add as many as you like depending on your level of spice)
Tips for Grilling your Meat:
- Start with a clean grill so your burgers don’t stick and fall apart. My tip is to use an onion to clean your grill. Cut the onion in half, and while the grill is heating up, rub the onion across it. The juices from the onion clean the grill and get it ready for use.
- Make a thumbprint in the middle of the patty before putting it on the grill. This will help the patty come our nice and flat (not puffy in the middle) and the meat will be cooked evenly throughout.
- Avoid burning or charring your meat by flipping it every couple of minutes. It’s a myth that you shouldn’t flip your meat! The hotter the grill, the more often you should turn it.
1.Toasted Pecan Burger:
- 1 pound ground chuck
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons Stubb’s Original BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Stubb’s BBQ Spice Rub
- Lettuce, mayonnaise, and toasted buns, for serving
Mix together the chuck, onion, pecans, bell pepper, Stubb’s Original Bar-B-Q Sauce, and Stubb’s Bar-B-Q Spice Rub. Shape into 3 large or 4 average-size patties. (The burgers may be mixed and shaped earlier in the day; refrigerate until ready to use.)
Prepare a grill for direct cooking. For a charcoal grill, when the coals are ashed over, rake or spread them out in the bottom of the grill so the food can cook directly over the coals. (For a gas grill, fire up the burners so the food can cook directly over the heat.)
Grill the burgers over direct medium heat, first on one side then on the other, 7 to 10 minutes, until they reach your desired degree of doneness. (Medium burgers register an internal temperature of 160°F.) Serve with lettuce, mayonnaise and toasted buns.
2.Stubb’s Fried Egg Burger with Spicy Mayo:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Stubb’s Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup Stubb’s Texas Steakhouse Marinade
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- 6 hamburger buns
- Blue Cheese (optional)
In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and Stubb’s Spicy BBQ sauce. Set aside.
Using your hands, mix the ground beef and marinade. Divide meat into six patties.
Prepare the grill for direct cooking. Cook the burgers for 6-7 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Crack eggs into skillet and cook until the whites are set but the yolk is still runny, approximately 3 minutes. If you prefer your eggs over easy, flip and cook for an additional 15-20 seconds.
Assemble the burger in the following order: bottom bun, lettuce, tomato, cooked burger, blue cheese (optional), then egg. Spread the spicy mayonnaise on the top bun and place on top of the egg.
3.Stubb’s Stuffed Burger:
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 3/4 cup Stubb’s Original BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Stubb’s Beef Marinade
- 2 tablespoons Stubb’s BBQ Spice Rub
- 7 oz. can of nacho sliced jalapenos
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, Beef Marinade, and Bar-B-Q Spice Rub together with your hands.
Use about 1/3 cup of meat and press it into a thin patty with your hands. Top the patty with one tablespoon sliced jalapenos and two tablespoons shredded cheese, leaving at least a ¼” rim around the edge. You can adjust toppings per your taste.
Press out another thin patty. Place the second patty on top of the first patty and use your fingers to seal the two patties together well. Repeat another five times to make a total of six burgers.
Grill burgers over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes per side, flipping once during cooking. Baste with Stubb’s Original Bar-B-Q sauce during last 3 minutes of cooking.
Serve on a bun with your favorite toppings.
To learn more about Stubb's BBQ sauce go to: http://www.stubbsbbq.com
*Product received. All opinions are my own.