A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
With the spring season right around the corner, there will be trips to plan! There are festivals to attend! I know that Coachella is one of those popular springtime fests! Check out the below Coachella essentials from Sun Bum, Streekers, DDF Skincare and Smashbox.
Yeah, we like to look good, but we really don't like spending too much time worrying about it. So we made Texturizing Sonny's Original Surf Paste, which gives our mops a soft, matte finish for a casual look & feel we like. Do less, live more.
Or try a different look every day with Streekers temporary hair color!
A revolution in temporary hair color,Streekers instantly delivers bold, candy-colored highlights without any fuss or muss. Unlike mascaras or gel-based colors that only coat the surface, Streekers actually bonds to the hair and won’t flake off when brushed. Streekers is true temporary color that washes out when you want it out.
Don’t skimp on your skincare just because you are traveling! Try DDF Skincare’s Youthful Tranquility kit to keep your skin ready for whatever happens next!
Ideal for Sensitive Skin Types, these gentle yet effective formulas are perfect for those who experience rashes, irritation or any type of redness from using anti-aging skincare products. This set includes our Nourishing Eye Cream, Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew and Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel.
Take time to relax after all of the craziness with Smashbox Cosmetics Primer Water.
Set and refresh your makeup and your mood in seconds with new limited edition Photo Finish Primer Water: a 3-in-1 face essential, this hydrating primer preps, sets and refreshes, awakening skin and leaving it glowing and radiant for hours, while unleashing a balancing blend of soothing scents to relax the mind.
Each face mist was co-created with YouTuber and makeup artist Nicol Concilio and is infused with electrolytes to improve makeup application, skin’s hydration and natural radiance. Available in three different limited-edition revitalizing scents formulated to boost your makeup and enhance your aura.
Coachella starts this weekend, so as you finish packing be sure to have these beauty necessities in your bag before you head to the desert to keep your festival style perfect all weekend long! ( I will not be attending Coachella this year, but all of these products are amazing for wherever you may be traveling!)
Keep your skin clean and fresh with KORRES Pomegranate Cleansing & Make-up Removing Wipes after a day in the desert sun. Perfect for on-the-go cleansing, these oil-free face wipes remove eye and face make-up, dirt and oil while also providing skin with mattifying, toning, pore-minimizing and moisturizing benefits. Infused with Pomegranate extract and the softening, moisturizing properties of vitamin E, these facial cleansing wipes will remove even the most stubborn face and eye make-up, including waterproof mascara. I took these handy wipes to Hawaii a month ago, and they were a true lifesaver! ($15; Sephora.com)
Take your Cuvée Essentials wherever you go for festival ready hair. A three-piece travel set to help prolong any style, the Shampoo, Conditioner and Styling Balm are the basics for the girl on the move. Shampoo and Conditioner to gently cleanse, add shine and hydration. Styling balm will help protect, tame frizz, without weighing hair down. Now that’s glamour on the go! Cuvée Essentials are the best! They make my hair smell amazing, and look beyond healthy, bouncy and shiny!
Store the Lavanila Laboratories Mini Sport Luxe Deodorant in your bag to stay fresh all day long while dancing in the sun. This deodorant was created for life in motion. Lavanila’s proprietary, award-winning beta glucan technology is infused with SmartSport™ for high-performance defense and nourishment, and bursts with long-lasting vanilla breeze freshness to break down sweat molecules and deliver superior, invisible, all-natural odor protection. I am one of those not-so-lucky ladies that usually cannot go without deodorant, so I slather it on quite a bit! Thankfully, with Lavanila, I am not exposing my skin to heavy chemicals. And it works like a charm for me! Smells so wonderful and fresh!
We’re getting closer to festival season, and it’s time to stock up on all of your favorite essentials! Whether you’re adding a pop of color with Streekers, a little volume with John Frieda, or going for the textured natural look with Sun Bum, hair perfection is a must! Also, check in with an expert on how to get the best brows ever in time for the festivities to begin!
Unlike other temporary hair colors like gels and sprays, Streekers hair color bonds to the hair, so you can brush your hair without dulling the color or flaking it off.
John Frieda Loose Curls
Get healthy, voluminous curls in an instant with 30 second heat-up and 11 digital heat settings with temperatures reaching 400°F/205°C.
Sun Bum Sea Salt Spray
Our Beach Formula Sea Spray protects hair from harsh elements while giving it extra body, waves, and texture for that beachy windswept look. Our lightweight formula enhances strand separation and definition, and instantly blocks out frizz-causing humidity. It'll give your hair just the right amount of volume with a matte finish hold.
Ask the Expert
Umbreen Sheikh, Founder of Wink Brow Bar
Q: What's the key to preventing your brows from looking fake? Is it choosing the right shade or having the right shape? Blending in the color?
A: “Go for a color that matches your brow color or is a shade lighter. Also when applying product “feather” the product in as opposed to “drawing” it in. Use very little product and build up so you can see the transformation and lastly practice!”
Festival season is almost upon us, prep and primp for Coachella (or Gov Ball) in style with these three festival beauty essentials, plus hair hacks from Brazilian beauty expert:
A go-to beauty bar! Sometimes, you don’t have the will or time to primp.MB45 it with new quick service salon MB45 studio where you can get a mani and fresh blowout in 45min flat… add a festive braid and you’re out in an hour ($65-$80).
A natural dry shampoo! Sweltering festival weekends can take a toll on your hair. ABBA hair care’s brand-new Dry Shampoo ($22) is translucent, with a light texture and cucumber scent that’s not overpowering. Perfect to take with you while you’re on the go between sets.
A light styling mousse for braids! Mousse is perfect for adding lift, styling festival braids and can double as a UV protectant. Try MOP hair care’s brand-new Lemongrass Volume Whip ($22) – (FYI this is the same volume whip used to get the voluminous looks found on Halle Berry at the Oscars and Maisie Williams at the SAGs this year)
On-The-Go Festival Hair Hacks – Beauty Expert Fernanda Lacerda
1. You curled your hair this morning but now it's flat right before evening festivities? Twist hair into a loose bun and let it down just before, this trick always gets my curls back.
2. You get caught in the rain/humidity and you’ve got a hot mess situation? When in a hair jam or a hurry, braid it baby! Boxer braids are super chic, a braid into a bun can give a really cool effect as well and is easy to accomplish on your own.
Stylist: Beauty Expert Fernanda Lacerda, Owner of MB45 Studio franchise and Maria Bonita Salon & Spa
Salon Clients: Alessandra Ambrosio, Cintia Dicker, Lais Ribeiro
If you’re headed out this weekend or next to Coachella (I'm not, but I can always dream, can't I?) – I've got a few great beauty items you should definitely pick up to make looking good effortlessly easy. PLUS one of them makes for a pretty cool light up accessory when it gets dark!
Achieve Gigi Hadi Worthy Boho Waves
The Perfect Sunscreen to Toss in Your Bag
Australian Gold Sheer Coverage Lotion With Invisidry Technology($9.99, Ulta.com)
SPF 30 - Quick dry and water/sweat resistant
A Lip Gloss and Fun Festival LED Light
LIT NYC Lip Gloss ($7.50, CVS)
High tech LED lighted cap illuminates the lip and a convenient mirror on the bottle allows for precise application anytime, anywhere. Serious shine and sexy color in sheer and cream formulas can be worn alone or over any lip product. Available in 12 shades!
Disclaimer: I received product in exchange for this post.
With great music, good friends, and amazing vibes all you’ll want is quick + easy hair/beauty so your main focus can be enjoying the festival. With these Coachella must-haves, you’ll be ready to dive into a weekend of dancing in the sun.
Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Hyaluronic Essence, $24.99
A breakthrough skincare essential that takes your daily routine to the next level. The perfect way to layer on your skincare needs (SPF, PRIMER) for the next few days of festival heat.
Lumene Bright Now 360° Eye Treatment, $19.99
You might not get as much sleep as you’d like but it’s worth it. Get noticeably brighter looking eyes when you need it most.
Conair Copper Brushes
Conair’s new Copper Brush Set leaves your hair silky smooth and dried faster than you thought possible. Perfect for getting that easy breezy festival hair down right.
Aquis Lisse Luxe Hair Towel, $30.00
Lisse Luxe may sound like the name of an ‘exotic’ artiste. But she’s the perfect towel for normal hair. Lisse Luxe also excels at curly hair, fine hair, damaged hair and any hair that needs gentle treatment. New generation Aquitex improves absorbency and comfort. Wraps and tucks easily leaving hands free while hair dries. Dries fast with less friction, to minimize frizz and damage.
John Frieda Tools Hair Wavy Curls Curling Wand, $39.99
Get the perfect wave and let your hair be as carefree as the music.
Scunci Hair Tattoos, $4.99
Applied like a normal tattoo, they go on as easily as they come off. These tats show off your metallic shimmer for the perfect festival look.
Disclaimer: I received samples in exchange for this post.
With Coachella only a few weeks away (April 15th), it’s never too early to start thinking about what you need to pack! Be sure to have these beauty necessities ready before you head to the desert – so you’ll be looking fresh, styled and festival ready all weekend long!
1. KORRES Pomegranate Cleansing & Make-Up Removing Wipes are perfect for quick cleansing on the go! They remove dirt, makeup, and oil from face and eyes. Great for all skin types especially oily and combination, each pre-saturated wipe eliminates impurities, tightens pores, and offers antioxidant protection ($15; Sephora.com ).
2. Relieve dry, irritated skin in an instant with Curél Itch Defense Instant Soothing Moisturizing Spray! Uniquely soothing, this formula delivers a mix of light yet potent hydrators — including a proprietary ceramide complex, allantoin and panthenol — to ease parched, itchy skin right where you need it. The Proprietary Cooling Complex feels soothing like a cold compress, lending you instant relief. ($8.99; Drug and mass merchants)
3. Keep your skin protected with Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Sunscreen for Face SPF 40. This SPF uses a new generation of mineral sunscreens for broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Our 100% Natural SPF 40 Face Cream uses a new generation of mineral sunscreens for broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Infused with youth-promoting antioxidants, botanicals and amino acids, this ultra sheer formula delivers daily protection and nourishment ($28; Lavanila.com ).
4. Ban Roll-On Deodorant covers up embarrassing sweat all day while you’re in the sun! Ban’s breakthrough technology specifically targets and virtually eliminates odor that other antiperspirant/deodorants may leave behind, providing an outstanding 24 hours of invisible protection against odor wetness! ($4.99, Drug and Mass Retailers)
5. Deep clean your face in just 60 seconds with the Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask Clean. This breakthrough thermal mask warms to open pores, melting away deep down impurities and grime, then rinses them away with an invigorating cooling sensation. Formulated with natural charcoal, this masks works in one minute to clear up 2.5x more dirt and oil than leading competitors for clean, tingly-smooth skin! ($7.99; Drug and Mass Merchant Stores)
6. Easily add a pop to your hair with Hairdo by HairUWear French Braid Band. Add a finishing touch with the Hairdo French Braid Band that's as much fashion accessory as it is hair accessory. Effortlessly chic, it attaches in an instant. What better way to add cachet? Use to hold your hair back for a classic look or hold your ponytail or bun in place with this braid band, just like you would use an elastic ($10; Ulta.com ).
7. Make sure sandal covered feet are ready for the desert thanks to Look Beauty! PediSpa Intensive Moisturizing Foot Mask noticeably smoothes, softens and repairs dry cracked, calloused feet and heels. With ingredients like Shea butter, apple extract and peppermint, these wearable socks significantly improve the look and feel of even the driest feet. ($9.99; Target in the Pharmacy Foot Care Aisle and Target.com) ($9.99; Amazon.com )
Disclaimer: I posted in exchange for product. Opinions are my own.
Whether or not you’re attending Coachella this year, I would love to show you some gorgeous trending looks from scunci and Conair with tips from scunci stylist Laura Polko that are sure to be seen on the sidelines!
Disclaimer: I will l receive product in exchange for this post.