A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
It has felt like Summer lately! We have had a couple of 85 degree days this week so far! I LOVE the sunshine! I would like to share some of my favorite warm weather inspired products from Smashbox, Sun Bum, Conair, STREEKERS, RPZL and Westmore Beauty.
1. Sun Bum Beach Formula Shine Spray ($19.99, trustthebum.com) is the perfect tropical blend of pure Coconut Oil, Argan Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil and Banana Leaf which work to revitalize the hair
2. RPZL Pop of Color ($32, rpzl.com) in Bold Blue is the easiest hair extension to add at a moment’s notice! Since it’s 100% Remy Virgin hair you can style it with heat tools as well!
3. STREEKERS ($11.95, streekers.com) in Pink and Purple is a cool new hair color that uses innovative technology. Won’t flake and you can easily brush through your hair!
4. Smashbox Cosmetics L.A. Lights Blush and Highlight Palette ($35, smashbox.com) this foolproof palette features two tonal shades of blush—one true and one rich—plus their perfectly matched highlighter for a radiant, natural-looking glow.
5. Westmore Beauty Lasting Effects Brow Gel ($22.78, QVC) contains hair like fibers which seamlessly blend and shape the brow to perfection!
6. Conair Detangling Collection ($5.99, Walmart) designed to work with both wet and dry hair, this vibrantly colored brush features a unique hook-shaped handle to hang in the shower, ensuring you get smoother hair with every wash.
(Product provided for review/feature)
Have you made a New Year's Resolution to make your skin look younger? Although you cannot turn back time, now is the moment that counts! You can start today by using skin care products that are guaranteed to bring back that youthful glow to your skin, while fighting wrinkles and firming your skin. To find affordable, yet effective skin care look no further than your local Target for MD Complete.
MD Complete Skincare was created to provide access to dermatologist-level results without a prescription. MD Complete transforms gold standard dermatologist prescribed skincare protocols into simple, effective and complete regimens at a fraction of the cost of prescription regimen counterparts.
To prove the brand’s dermatologist-level skincare results, the January issue of Journal of Drugs in Dermatology features a double-blinded, randomized split-face study comparing the results of an MD Complete regimen with the #1 anti-aging regimen prescribed by dermatologists, Obagi NuDerm. The study results prove that patients prefer MD Complete, with findings revealing that MD Complete delivered nearly 3x better results, with the products being 4x easier to use vs. Obagi.
I received two of MD Complete's top-selling products to review. They are as follows:
MD Complete Anti-Aging Advanced Wrinkle Corrector
WHAT IT IS
- Uniquely hydrating and high potency Retinol treatment
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles and lifts & firm skin
- Smoothes & evens skin tone and texture for a younger-looking complexion
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- You’ll see visible results and feel it working the moment you begin using it
- You'll notice improvements in 5-7 days, with results that continue to improve over time
- The ingredient delivery system accelerates and improves results
- *Results may vary by individual
WHY I LOVE IT
I use this product immediately following washing my face. It does give off a bit of a stinging sensation, but it definitely tightens up my skin and makes all of my fine lines and wrinkles vanish. My skin looks 20 years younger!
Anti-Aging Youthful Skin Sun Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 50
WHAT IT IS
- Sheer, fragrance-free sunscreen
- Provides broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection
- Moisturizes and hydrates
- Designed for use with professional treatments
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Very sheer, light-weight sunscreen
- Absorbs quickly and can be used with highly concentrated products and rich moisturizers
- Leaves a beautiful, matte finish
- *Results may vary by individual
WHY I LOVE IT
This amazing sunscreen completely absorbs into my skin and dries quickly without leaving any greasy residue. I am able to apply my foundation over it. I am very excited about my Anti-Aging Youthful Skin Sun Shield because it is the perfect makeup primer. I can wear it under makeup or just alone. I will be headed for Hawaii this summer, and will definitely be taking this product with me!
My skin looks as good as it did when I was in my twenties!
At a fraction of the cost, MD Complete products range from $19.99—$39.99. For more information, visit: http://mdcompleteskincare.com
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review. Any opinions are my own.
Aging may be something that we all do, but it doesn’t mean that we have to look as though we are. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, how wrinkled someone’s skin is depends upon several factors, including their skin tone, history of UV exposure, and their genetics. The good news is that there are things we can do to help defy aging and keep our skin looking great for longer.
“Just because someone is aging doesn’t mean they can’t do so gracefully and beautifully,” explains Tracy Brennan, founder of Kalologie, a chain of high-end spas and the award-winning line of skin care products. “Most people would be surprised at just how many effective options there are today to help defy aging. Spas hold all the secrets to keeping people looking their best, which is why celebrities visit us often.”
One of the biggest spa secrets that can help defy aging is that of the facial. When most people think of a facial they just picture getting their face scrubbed, and they don’t see the real deal of what’s going on and how beneficial it can be. Facials can restore firmness, diminish fine lines, boost radiance, calm puffiness, minimize pores, activate collagen and more. A facial’s mission is to successfully rejuvenate the skin and create a firm, smooth appearance.
All types of skin can benefit from a facial, because spas can tailor the treatment to meet the needs of the individual. Those with dry, dull, sun-damaged, and aging skin can greatly benefit from facials. A facial works by activating the skin cells and repairing the DNA damage, hydrates the cells, and then rejuvenates. There are special effective ingredients in them, including stem cell activators, repair enzymes, and cell energizers.
In addition to spa secrets that help keep your face looking younger, there are some that can be used on your body, too. An option to help those who are seeing signs of aging below the waist is to have a non-invasive butt lift. Today’s butt lifts use the JuVaShape “Butt Lift” technology, which delivers thermal energy to the targeted areas, leaving the butt revitalized. It can help eliminate wrinkles, cellulite, and provide overall body contouring.
Another important spa secret for defying aging is to help people reduce stress. Research has shown that stress speeds up the aging process, so the more people can find ways to de-stress, the more they can help defy aging. In the spa, massage therapy is a great option for helping to reduce stress.
“We are all grateful to get the opportunity to age, but we just want to help people do it gracefully and to feel their best doing it,” states Brentwood Kalologie Spa Franchise Owner Anita Neumann. “Spas truly hold some of the most effective secrets to helping people defy aging. If anyone can help, we can.”
Kalologie is a spa and skin care product line, with several locations in the Los Angeles area, including in Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Thousand Oaks, Ladera Ranch and Studio City. Kalologie also has locations in Texas, Arizona, and Colorado, and Kalologie products can be found at the Aria Resort and Spa in Las Vegas, Nevada. The LA locations are deemed the “hottest medical spas in Southern California” and are often frequented by A-List celebrities and socialites. The spas offer a wide variety of memberships and treatments, including facials, peels, waxing, massage therapy, and their skin care line, which features specially formulated cleansers, eye creams, serums, and moisturizers.
My birthday is in one month. I am not going to tell you how old I am because it is depressing. One of my greatest fears is aging, but unfortunately, I cannot stop it. Thankfully, being a beauty product reviewer gives me the chance to find the very best beauty products, potions and creams on the market. I was quite excited to get the chance to review a Kalologie product. I had never heard of them before, and after I read some of their product information, I was intrigued.
I received a sample of Kalologie Replenish Cellular Repair Cream. This cream is formulated to be used at night, to repair my skin when I am sleeping.
Kalologie Replenish Cellular Repair Cream is a highly effective moisturizer with targeted benefits for aging skin. Liposomes help repair the skin’s protective barrier, along with antioxidants and calming plant extracts to soothe redness and irritation. Beta glucans correct at a cellular level.
- Merospheres – increase barrier lipid production
- Algae – helps increase skin firmness
- Beta glucans – Biological Response Modifier, challenges skin to correct itself
- Sea Whip – strongest soothing action off all sea plants
- Boosts skin firmness and elasticity
- Encourages skin’s ability to correct itself resulting in minimization of fine lines and wrinkles
- Provides a surge of lipid-rich moisture for maximum hydration
My thoughts: I apply my Replenish Cellular Repair Cream at night after cleansing my face. It absorbs perfectly and is not heavy or greasy. It has a very nice texture. I do not think I have ever used a skin care cream that has been as effective as Kalologie Replenish Cellular Repair Cream. I am just in awe of how well it works to get rid of the wrinkles and lines that I have been so upset about. I was very much thinking of Botox until I started using this amazing cream. The line between my eyebrows is so much less noticeable. The lines around my upper lip are greatly diminished. This cream has really plumped my skin and has made me feel so much better about myself. I look as though I am in my 30's. I am so happy with the results.
Kalologie LLC and its affiliate companies are a membership-based spa franchisor and manufacturer of the award-winning line of Kalologie®-branded proprietary products. Kalologie 360 Spa convenient locations merge the best of aesthetics and advanced skin care with a complete menu of services. Kalologie skin care products are available at Kalologie-franchised locations in California, Texas, Colorado and Arizona, as well as high-end retailers such as MGM’s Aria Resort & Spa in Las Vegas, Nevada.
To learn more about the Kalologie concept, visit http://Kalologie.com and follow @Kalologie360Spas on Instagram.
Disclaimer: I received a product sample to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.
Disclaimer: I received no compensation for this post.