A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Celebrate Earth Day with ZSS Skincare!
ZSS Skincare is offering customers one heck of a deal to celebrate Earth Day!
Conserve cash and celebrate Earth Month with ZSS-Skincare's limited-time beauty special: During the month of April, enjoy 50% off ZSS 30-Day Systems with code April50.
ZSS Skincare is leading the way in clean beauty with recent National Solutions Beauty with a Conscience Award. All products are naturally-derived, pure, concentrated, contaminant-free and sustainable.
- Radiant Skin System – Nourish, Protect, and Renew with this "better together" skin care system that brings out natural skin radiance, locks in moisture, and reduces the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles while protecting from damaging environmental aggressors. Formulated with the exclusive skin antioxidant Zeaxanthin, the Radiant Skin System is designed to complement your current skincare routine, and includes a daily supplements and a topical Nutri-Serum, which have been specially-designed as a synergistic system to provide healthy skin, inside and out.
$64.50 (regularly $129) at ZSS-Skincare.com
- Clear Skin System - Calm, Clear, and Balance with this "better together" skin care system that helps detoxify and balance your skin while locking in moisture. The Clear Skin System minimizes blemishes, evens skin tone and calms dry, sensitive skin. Gluten-Free, it provides Pre and Probiotics to rebalance intestinal microflora and support gut immune health (the root of our immune system). It also helps to encourage optimal bioavailability of nutrients from both diet and supplementation. In combination with antioxidants zeaxanthin, alpha lipoic acid, milk thistle, green tea and pre/probiotics the Clear Skin System promotes optimal and balanced digestive health that encourages radiant clear skin. Designed to complement your current skincare routine, it includes a ZSS daily nutricosmetic dietary supplement packet and a topical ZSS Nutri-Serum, which have been specially-designed as a system to provide healthy skin, inside and out.
$64.50 (regularly $129) at ZSS-Skincare.com
Earth Day is April 22nd. You can help keep our the earth beautiful by choosing hair and skin care products that are eco-friendly. You can look amazing, plus help to save the earth when you use the following products:
Vegan, gluten-free dry shampoo made from quinoa with a light cucumber scent! ABBA hair care’s new Dry Shampoo ($22) is translucent, with a light texture and scent that’s not overpowering.
Zero-ozone impact lemongrass mousse with grape seed oil and honey!MOPhair care’s new Lemongrass Volume Whip ($22) is a botanical volumizing mousse that doubles as a UV and thermal protectant– (FYI this is the same volume whip used to get the voluminous look found on Halle Berry at the Oscars this year)
Earth Day is just around the corner and what better way to thank our environment than wearing 100% natural makeup. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm comes in six shades and give you the perfect amount of color, while keeping lips moisturized in the sun.
Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm
About: Where care meets color. Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Tinted Lip Balms offer a hint of color that cares for your lips! These lip balms provide modern and wearable sheer coverage with a delicate pear flavor in a variety of pretty hues.
Moisture-rich ingredients, such as Shea Butter and Vitamin E, helps reveal smooth, healthy-looking lips. Worn alone or layered with your favorite Burt’s Bees Lip Crayon, choose from six floral-inspired shades:
Disclaimer: Product received in exchange for post.
As we gear up for Earth Day on April 22, we start thinking of how we can become more conscious during our time on this planet. I Heart Keenwah—makers of nutritious quinoa snacks—has 5 earth-friendly reasons to eat your quinoa and honor Mother Earth!
5 Earth-Friendly Reasons to Eat I Heart Keenwah
1. I Heart Keenwah sources quinoa exclusively from the Salar de Uyuni on the altiplano of southern Bolivia. Why? Because the farmers of Bolivia follow farming traditions that are completely organic. READ MORE
2. Quinoa makes an excellent addition to your Meatless Monday meals — did you know practicing Meatless Monday can save about 104,000 gallons of water each year? READ MORE
3. Global food demand will grow 70% or more by 2050, along with a significant need for protein — an essential nutrient for human health. Plant-based proteins like quinoa could actually feed the world! READ MORE
4. I Heart Keenwah products are Non-GMO Verified, which means they are committed to working with seed breeders and farmers who do not use genetically modified organisms. READ MORE
5. Production of animal protein is responsible for 18% of all greenhouse gas. Quinoa, on the other hand, is a complete plant protein containing all 9 essential amino acids and can be easily substituted for animal protein. READ MORE
Happy Earth Day!
About I Heart Foods Corp:
I Heart Foods Corp, makers of I Heart Keenwah snacks, is dedicated to bringing delicious products to the market that have essential health-promoting nutrients. The company cooks up quinoa snacks with great flavors and simple ingredients, making it easy for you to get quinoa, a super food, into your day-to-day routine.
Ravi Jolly and Sarah Chalos, I Heart Keenwah’s founders, chose quinoa because of its numerous health and nutritional benefits—it’s the only grain that is a complete source of protein, containing all nine essential amino acids. I Heart Keenwah’s mission is to create healthy, delicious snacks made with real food that have a short ingredients list. Products available online and in 3,000+ retailers and health food stores nationwide.
To learn more about I Heart Keenwah and their products, visit www.iheartkeenwah.com .
Disclaimer: I received samples to facilitate this post.
TerraNova®, purveyors of premium bath, body, and fragrance since 1970, announced today that they are pleased to become a supporter of the National Park Foundation in observance of Earth Day (April 22nd) and National Park Week (April 16th-24th).
Customers that visit TerraNova's website during Earth Month (April 1st, 2016 and April 30th, 2016) will have the opportunity to learn more about TerraNova's support of the National Park Foundation. As the official charity of America's national parks, the National Park Foundation protects national parks, connects people from all backgrounds to their incomparable natural landscapes, vibrant culture and rich history, and inspires the next generation of park stewards.
TerraNova's Collections, like Rain; feature fresh, clean fragrances and natural ingredients that celebrate our planet!
Since its inception 45 years ago by visionary Jane Saunders, TerraNova® (meaning 'new earth') has remained committed to their mission of "Truth and Beauty" by creating products with fresh, clean fragrances and natural ingredients that celebrate our planet.
"Mother Earth has provided us with so many wonderful resources to create products that have helped our customers look and feel their best for over 45 years," said Ann Saunders, President of TerraNova®. "It seems only natural that we do our part to give back to organizations, like the National Park Foundation, that are as equally committed to preserving and nurturing our planet for generations to come."
I love TerraNova products! I was sent their Lotus Blush Perfume Oil to review.
Dewy and lovely lotus blossom, a symbol of purity of heart, is laced with top notes of juicy mandarin, pear and sparkling freesia petals. All is veiled in blond bamboo and creamy amber for perfect balance. Feminine, flirty and sheer. When I wear this fragrance, I feel very uplifted!
About Terranova® -
Founded in 1970 by Jane Saunders, Terranova® crafted the first natural beauty alternatives made with premium botanicals and fresh, clean fragrances in Berkley, CA. Today, Jane's legacy and commitment to "Truth & Beauty" is carried on by her daughters Ann & Kathy Saunders through authentic, award winning formulas that celebrate California's natural vibrancy.
Find out more at www.terranovabody.com
About the National Park Foundation -
The National Park Foundation is the official charity of America's national parks and nonprofit partner to the National Park Service. Chartered by Congress in 1967, the National Park Foundation raises private funds to help PROTECT more than 84 million acres of national parks through critical conservation and preservation efforts, CONNECT all Americans with their incomparable natural landscapes, vibrant culture and rich history, and INSPIRE the next generation of park stewards. Find out more and become a part of the national park community at www.nationalparks.org
For more information about TerraNova®, to purchase TerraNova® products retail or wholesale, or to find a retailer near you visit TerraNova online.
Disclaimer: I received a sample of this fragrance to review. All opinions are my own.
Tips for Greening Your Business this Earth Day
It is estimated that the average office worker uses around 10,000 sheets of paper each year. Most people have no clue how much they are actually using, or how much is being wasted. But it doesn’t stop there. The corporate world is a hotbed of activity when it comes to using materials and ingredients that are not sustainable, recyclable or earth friendly. Earth Day is April 22nd, making it a great time for re-evaluating the office to see what steps can be taken to make it a bit more environmentally friendly.
“By caring deeply about our environment and its effect on your health, we have dedicated ourselves to providing consumers with innovative and proven alternatives to fluoride-based products,” said Dr. Bruno Sharp, a fourth-generation dentist who created a line of products called Dr. Sharp Dentistry, and is celebrating their 10th year as a Natural Oral Care provider. “That’s why our toothpastes and mouthwashes are made with natural ingredients and herbals that harness many of the restorative and nurturing qualities found in nature.”
That’s where the green efforts start for Dr. Sharp, but that’s not where they end. In his eco-friendly business, they have also taken measures to ensure that all of their products are vegan, not tested on animals, all of the tubes and bottles are BPA-free, that all of the packaging and components are recyclable, and that their toothpaste boxes are printed using soy ink. A company serious about sustainability and being eco-friendly, they have taken measures at all corners to make their products as earth friendly as possible.
Here are some tips for greening your business this Earth Day:
- Look for ways to opt for energy efficient upgrades. This includes any appliances, heat and cooling, etc. An old air conditioner, for example, is going to take a lot more energy to keep the office cool than a newer energy efficient model. While some may shy away from the initial expense, it can save the company money in the long run because the new unit will save money each month.
- Consider the paper situation in the office. Go paperless as much as possible, use both sides of each sheet, reduce the margins so more fits on a page, and purchase paper that has been made with post-consumer recycled materials.
- Purchase products that are made from recycled materials as often as possible. Today’s office supply stores offer many options, including recycled paper, envelopes, ink pens, and more. The only way the recycling efforts work is if there is a buyer for products made out of the recycled materials, so be a part of that process.
- If your company makes a product or offers a service, evaluate how environmentally friendly it is and see where changes can be made. Perhaps there are packaging or ingredient changes that can be made that keep the integrity of the product, buy that are better on the planet.
- Opt for green marketing, which includes reviewing the packaging for any shipping being done.Consider labels, inks being used in the printing process, and looking for ways that help reduce putting things out that people won’t use. For example, there are hundreds of little plastic gadgets that you can buy with your company name on them to hand out to people. However, most never use them and they end up in landfills, where they will sit forever because the plastic doesn’t biodegrade. When purchasing business cards, marketing materials, and fun products to promote your business, opt for those that are environmentally friendly.
- If your office is not already recycling, make it an office-wide commitment. Contact your local recycling center to see what the process is for having the items picked up each week. Be sure to also have your old electronics and fluorescent light bulbs recycled.
- Take a look around the corporate kitchen and ditch any disposables that are not eco friendly. Things like Styrofoam and plastic sit in landfills, rather than decomposing. Replace them with reusable or the environmentally friendly options that you can buy in bulk online (they are made out of corn and are biodegradable).
- If you have many employees who are commuting to work, create a carpool group that will encourage people to ride together.
“No matter what type of industry someone is in, there are ways they can green their business,” explains Dr. Sharp. “The good news is that all efforts pay off and we all benefit from every step taken to preserve our planet and resources, as well as to avoid harmful chemicals and ingredients. Let’s keep the mindset that it’s Earth Day every day!”
Dr. Sharp created a line of oral hygiene products to give people a healthier alternative. His product line includes children’s toothpaste, adult toothpaste, fresh mint mouthwash, and dental tape. All products are safe to use, made in the USA, and are gluten-free, have no artificial colors or flavors, are vegan, non-GMO, alcohol free, fluoride-free, and cruelty-free. Plus, they help whiten teeth and have xylitol, which is a natural sweetener that also helps to fight off cavities. The products are safe for the entire family. To learn more about Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care products or see where they can be purchased, visit the site at:www.drsharpcare.com.
About Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care
Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care is a line of natural oral care products that were created by a fourth-generation dentist. All products are made from natural, safe ingredients, and are made in the USA. The product line includes toothpaste for children and adults, mouthwash, and dental tape. For more information, visit the site at: www.drsharpcare.com. Follow them on Facebook and Instagram @drsharpnaturaloralcare.
Disclaimer: I posted this article in exchange for product samples, although any opinions I strongly agree with.
Since today is Earth Day you need to celebrate in style with Mother Nature, herself! Natural never looked so good and so can you—try these naturally beautiful tips from some of your favorite eco-friendly brands!
Don’t be scared to get your hands (and cuticles) buried in the dirt—Burt’s Bees has been curing and moisturizing your cuticles with the Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream ($6, burtsbees.com). Specially formulated, this buttery cream taps Sweet Almond Oil and Cocoa Seed Butter to moisturize and soften your cuticles while Vitamin E and Sunflower Oil nourish brittle nails. Feel pampered and polished from tips to toes.
It just comes natural—the original Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, ($3.30, burtsbees.com) has been protecting and nourishing your lips since 1991. Beeswax conditions skin, while antioxidant Vitamin E moisturizes. A final hint of Peppermint Oil provides that one-of-a-kind refreshing tingle. The result? Smooth, supple lips everyone will be buzzing about.
Have your first meal from nature itself, try Celebrity Nutritionist and New York Times Best-Selling Author of The Beauty Detox Power, Kimberly Snyder’s Glowing Green Smoothie, ($19, amazon.com). A green, leafy and natural smoothie made with spinach, romaine lettuce, celery, apples, pears and bananas—kick start your day with a delicious nutritious meal.
Get glowing, naturally, with the newest from the Josie Maran Enlighteningment Collection. A collection of nutrient-rich illuminizers, in three different formats that highlight and brighten skin for soft-focus, dimensional, lit-from-within glow. Formulated with 100% Pure Argan Oil, these illuminzing products nourish and hydrate the skin while Madonna Lilly and Poet’s Narcissus brighten and even complexion. This collection is available at Sephora.com and includes: Argan Enlightenment Illuminizer ($26), Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Veil ($30), Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Wand ($28)
Paint your earth and your nails green with Lauren B Beauty Nail Couture (laurenbbeauty.com). This revolutionary nail treatment system is 5-Free, eco-friendly, vegan friendly, contains no harsh chemicals and are proudly crafted right here in the US! From base to color to topcoat, the groundbreaking treatment system is good for your nails, highly functional and fashionable!
Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post.
Kermit the Frog was wrong, it IS easy being green. Celebrate Earth Day on Wednesday, April 22nd by getting behind these earth-friendly beauty brands.
The all-natural beauty treats from Mad Hippie, emerginC scientific organics, Whitening Lightning ZERO White, FABY Nature and Heaven by Deborah Mitchell nix the harmful chemicals, without sacrificing effectiveness.
Mad Hippie Collection
Blending the “mad scientist” formulations with “hippie” natural mentality, Mad Hippie skincare is all-natural and filled with active ingredients that actually work. With formulas that combine antioxidants, peptides, bioavailable vitamins and alpha hydroxyl acids, the Mad Hippie collection treats signs of aging, including environmental and sun damage.
NEW Vitamin A Serum - $32.99
Face Cream - $25.99
Eye Cream - $24.99
Vitamin C Serum - $33.99
Exfoliating Serum - $34.99
Antioxidant Facial Oil - $24.99
Cream Cleanser - $15.99
Via www.madhippie.com and select Whole Foods Markets
emerginC Scientific Organics Collection
emerginC’s scientific organic range is 100% natural and at least 70% organic, throughout the collection. Formulated without parabens, petro-chemicals and synthetic fragrance, the scientific organics products are not only good for your, but work too! For every product sold, emerginC will plant a tree in an indigenous area with the Plant-It 2020 campaign.
NEW citrus-kombucha body wash - $36
NEW peptide booster serum - $ 85
kombucha cleanser - $35
spirulina toner - $30
phytocell serum - $75
phytocell detox mask - $50
phytocell cream - $87.50
eyelight cream - $65
eyelight serum - $55
at-home facial peel + clarifying kit - $90
grape stem cell, white tea + seaweed body butter - $45
in lips we trust - $24
coconut-argan body oil - $54
ginger-lime sugar scrub -$45
trial/travel set - $89
All products available via www.emerginC.com
Now through Earth Day, emerginC will be planting 2 viable, indigenous trees in non-harvest locations for every Facebook page like they receive.
Whitening Lightning ZERO White Collection
The ZERO White Collection contains no harmful peroxide and is ideal for anyone looking for a more green way to effectively whitening their teeth. This one of a kind treatment utilizes an all-natural blend of botanicals and baking soda with a sweet gel mint flavor that will not cause any pain or sensitivity post-use. The ZERO White products restore teeth, crowns, veneers and caps to a natural white, completely pain and chemical free.
ZERO White Teeth Whitening System - $115 via www.whiteninglightning.com
ZERO White Teeth Whitening Pen - $29 via www.whiteninglightning.com
FABY Nature Collection
FABY borrows the colors of the Earth and revitalizes them in six lustrous shades with the FABY Nature collection. This new formula puts an emphasis on protecting the environment without sacrificing the quality of the product. The polish glides on perfectly, dries in minutes and is long-lasting, ensuring vibrant and luminous color. The ingredients, 87% of which are of natural origin, are derived from the manufacture of wood pulp, cotton, maize, cassava and other raw vegetable materials and are not derived from petroleum. Safe and eco-friendly, FABY polishes come in a glass bottle, a material that is both ecological and recyclable.
Etruscan Clay - a grey with an antique and refined flavor
Afromosia - a deliciously deep chocolate brown
100% Cashmere - a natural, light beige nude
Cymbidium - a green with sharp orchid tones
Peau d'Ange - a fun, light coral
Silk Cocoon - nude with silk and cream undertones
$23 via www.fabyusa.com
Disclaimer: I received product samples to compensate this post.
Earth Day is on April 22nd. Why not celebrate it with eco-friendly beauty products and treatments? Below are a few of my favorite Earth Day beauty ideas.
ECO-FRIENDLY BEAUTY TREATMENT – WINK BROW BAR/TINTING/THREADING
Vegetable-based tint dye is the only way to go – Umbreen Sheikh, owner of Wink Brow Bar heralds this treatment, best for those with sensitive skin which also offers tips and tricks on Organic threading!
ECO-FRIENDLY SKINCARE – LUMENE, FINNISH PRODUCTS WITH ARCTIC INGREDIENTS
Combining technological expertise with Arctic nature’s perfection, Lumene looks for the latest innovations in developing skincare that truly makes a difference. Lumene’s scientists carefully extract the core natural ingredients, such as Arctic Lingonberry and Sea Buckthorn, and enhance it to become even stronger!
ECO-FRIENDLY HAIR PRODUCTS – CONAIR HAIR BRUSHES* AND TOUCHBACK SYSTEM COLOR
The eco-friendly Contemporaries Brushes, crafted of sustainably harvested Forest Stewardship Council-certified wood, is a great brush that you can feel good about. These wooden hairbrushes have a beautiful finish and comes in four fashion-forward colors – dragon red, ocean blue, papaya, and mustard!
TouchBack Color Depositing Shampoo and Color Depositing Conditioner can be used once a week, to add back vibrant color and shine lost from all of your summer fun. Designed to be used together -- the pair of temporary hair color repairs damage and smoothes hair, while UVA/UVB sunscreens help protect hair from sun damage and nourishing moisturizers providedeep hydration…Natural botanical ingredients include extracts of sunflower, chamomile flower, rose hips, green tea leaf and lemon peel!
ECO-FRIENDLY SPF – SUN BUM AND NIOS SHIELD
Nios Shield SPF 15 SPF 15 for SCALP – available in Leave in Conditioner AND Whipped Hair Gel! Nios is serving an unmet need in hair styling by offering all the benefits of haircare with ECO-FRIENDLY Argan oil, wheat protein, Vitamins B & E, and SPF 15 protection all in one product!
SPF 50 CLEAR Zinc Oxide – Sun Bum’s very popular Zinc Oxide Formula with added Aloe and Vitamin E adds a protective CLEAR barrier between your face (or other sensitive areas) and the sun.
Disclaimer: I will be sent product in exchange for this post.
Every year on April 22nd, we celebrate Earth Day. In honor of this day, celebrate the natural ingredients from the earth with Tammy Fender Holistic Skin Care.
All of Tammy Fender Holistic Skin Care’s formulas are Pure Living Energy® for the skin – a collection of pure, organic custom blended skin care products. The products are created from the energy of the earth, plant oils and beneficial vitamins and nutrients.
Tammy Fender Quintessential Serum: This cult classic was the first of its kind, containing only quintessential forms of natural ingredients which work together to fight the signs of aging, keep skin moisturized and strengthen skin cells. With nutrient oils and pure essential oils such as Rose Hip Seed Oil, Avocado Oil and Bulgarian Rose Oil, this serum strengthens collagen, reduces wrinkles and protects the skin from UV rays. ($175)
Tammy Fender Epi-Peel: For a smooth complexion, simply coat and dry your skin with this clay mask and peel it off five minutes later. Enriched with hibiscus and grape seed oils, this peel relieves irritation, promotes circulation and removes toxins from the skin. ($80)
Tammy Fender Antioxidant Crème Neroli & Orange: This multi-vitamin-in-a-jar is prized for its nourishing, anti-oxidant and collagen-stimulating benefits. Neroli helps heal scar tissue, improve elasticity and balance overactive sebum. Calming and grounding, sweet orange enhances the skins immunity and hydration while plant butters moisturize and naturally filter UV light. ($95)
For more information go to: http://www.tammyfender.com/
Disclaimer: I received samples of this product to compensate this post.