A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
With Coachella only a few weeks away (April 15th), it’s never too early to start thinking about what you need to pack! Be sure to have these beauty necessities ready before you head to the desert – so you’ll be looking fresh, styled and festival ready all weekend long!
1. KORRES Pomegranate Cleansing & Make-Up Removing Wipes are perfect for quick cleansing on the go! They remove dirt, makeup, and oil from face and eyes. Great for all skin types especially oily and combination, each pre-saturated wipe eliminates impurities, tightens pores, and offers antioxidant protection ($15; Sephora.com ).
2. Relieve dry, irritated skin in an instant with Curél Itch Defense Instant Soothing Moisturizing Spray! Uniquely soothing, this formula delivers a mix of light yet potent hydrators — including a proprietary ceramide complex, allantoin and panthenol — to ease parched, itchy skin right where you need it. The Proprietary Cooling Complex feels soothing like a cold compress, lending you instant relief. ($8.99; Drug and mass merchants)
3. Keep your skin protected with Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Sunscreen for Face SPF 40. This SPF uses a new generation of mineral sunscreens for broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Our 100% Natural SPF 40 Face Cream uses a new generation of mineral sunscreens for broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Infused with youth-promoting antioxidants, botanicals and amino acids, this ultra sheer formula delivers daily protection and nourishment ($28; Lavanila.com ).
4. Ban Roll-On Deodorant covers up embarrassing sweat all day while you’re in the sun! Ban’s breakthrough technology specifically targets and virtually eliminates odor that other antiperspirant/deodorants may leave behind, providing an outstanding 24 hours of invisible protection against odor wetness! ($4.99, Drug and Mass Retailers)
5. Deep clean your face in just 60 seconds with the Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask Clean. This breakthrough thermal mask warms to open pores, melting away deep down impurities and grime, then rinses them away with an invigorating cooling sensation. Formulated with natural charcoal, this masks works in one minute to clear up 2.5x more dirt and oil than leading competitors for clean, tingly-smooth skin! ($7.99; Drug and Mass Merchant Stores)
6. Easily add a pop to your hair with Hairdo by HairUWear French Braid Band. Add a finishing touch with the Hairdo French Braid Band that's as much fashion accessory as it is hair accessory. Effortlessly chic, it attaches in an instant. What better way to add cachet? Use to hold your hair back for a classic look or hold your ponytail or bun in place with this braid band, just like you would use an elastic ($10; Ulta.com ).
7. Make sure sandal covered feet are ready for the desert thanks to Look Beauty! PediSpa Intensive Moisturizing Foot Mask noticeably smoothes, softens and repairs dry cracked, calloused feet and heels. With ingredients like Shea butter, apple extract and peppermint, these wearable socks significantly improve the look and feel of even the driest feet. ($9.99; Target in the Pharmacy Foot Care Aisle and Target.com) ($9.99; Amazon.com )
Disclaimer: I posted in exchange for product. Opinions are my own.
New Year, New You - Gym Essentials
With a new year, we all like to get the year started off on the right foot and for many of us that means more time spent in the gym! Whether it is a quick workout during a lunch break or a stop by the gym before meeting friends, HairUWear, Lavanila, and Bioré can help you look and smell good as new before running to your next stop!
Heading for a quick workout before meeting friends? HairUWear can ensure your hair still looks perfect without spending all that time in the locker room.
Hair2Wear Christie Brinkley The Pony is the perfect quick-and-easy makeover for your hair! A unique wrap-around wire finishes the ponytail with the look of a natural knot. Fast, easy and secure all day long. (Available for $39 at SallyBeauty.com )
Hairdo by HairUWear French Braid Band is the ideal solution for when to you want to pull your hair back, and add a fashionable accent! Available in 6 salon inspired colors, this one piece headband slides on in an instant and stays put with movement. (Available for $10 at Ulta.com)
For a fresh smell before heading back to the office, apply Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant after your workout! This All-Natural, freshly scented deodorant provides superior, long-lasting odor protection. Soothing essential oils blend with powerful anti-oxidants and beta glucan technology for daily defense and nourishment
I love Bioré products! All of their cleansers work perfectly to get my skin deeply clean. I especially love using them when my skin is extra oily around my time of the month. My teenage daughters are fans of Bioré, too. These cleansing cloths are perfect for just tossing in their gym bags for a quick pick-me-up after P.E. No more sweaty faces!
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.
‘Tis the season of Holiday Hairdos! With a variety of clip-in extensions and attachable accessories from HairUWear and Hair2Wear, try something new and instantly add glam to any outfit!
For the dazzling updo paired with a cocktail dress, try the Hairdo Style-A-Do/Mini-do by HairUwear. Designed to be worn alone or together, this hair wrap pack allows you to turn everyday hair into something special in an instant. Whether placed at the crown or the nape, these patented pieces can be wrapped casually around a ponytail, or elegantly around a bun for a soft chignon look (www.HairUWear.com; $25).
For a glamorous pony matched perfectly to a blazer or sweater , the Hairdo 23” Wrap Around Pony by HairUWear instantly creates a long, full, trend-setting pony. This clever pony can be curled or straightened with thermal styling tools to create any look (www.HairUWear.com $50).
Make your hair look instantly “done” with any outfit, with the Double Braided Headband from Hair2Wear Christie Brinkley Collection. This twist on a classic braided headband is perfect for revamping your office look for a night on the town or to the company holiday party, in just seconds. (Available at SallyBeauty.com; $10)
I absolutely love these hair pieces for the simplicity of transforming your hair into a beautiful work of art that makes your hairstyle look professionally done. It is effortless beauty! My teenage daughters wear them all the time.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.
The Met Gala delivers some of the most dramatic and exquisite celebrity looks of the year. From stunning gowns, to flawless makeup, to the perfect hair. You too can re-create and get the look* of the stars from last night’s event with Hairdo by HairUWear – for an easy, DIY, without the commitment, style!
For Instant Volume and Waves like Blake Lively and Kim Kardashian, try the Hairdo 23” Wavy Extension. This multi-level, 23" wavy one piece clip-in extension creates easy, fashionable style without the hassle of working with several individual wefts. Short hair transforms into luxurious below-the-shoulder-length hair, while long hair becomes thick and full. Easily styled with heat for tighter, more wavy curls. Available in 11 salon-inspired colors.
For a Sleek, Straight Look with Length, like Victoria Bekham and Adriana Lima, try the Hairdo 22” Straight Extension. Easily clip this one piece extension in for instant length and volume. Style with heat as desired.
For a Fun, Playful Up-Do that can be styled to your liking Like Rihanna, try Hairdo Texture Wrap. This patented, versatile hair wrap includes a combination of straight and crimped textures. Wear it high on the head, low on the nape or somewhere in between, depending on your desired look.
*Note: These celebrities did not necessarily wear HairUWear products, but we wanted to show you how you can get the look by using them.
All styles are available at www.hairuwear.com
Dancing with the Stars is the hottest competition on TV right now! Host a contest of your own and ask your readers to vote for their favorite look of the week. Their prize: Dancing with the Stars Collection from Put on Pieces by HairUWear in the color of their choice to recreate the look!
All the high drama glam of the dance floor with none of the complicated steps! Easy, breezy bangs, clip-in extensions and wraps take less than a minute to pop on, slip in or clip in. And they’re totally stylable too!
The three hottest looks this week:
Look: Meryl Davis dancing the tango to “I Feel So Close to You Right Now”
Prize: Glamarama - offers soft waves on a clip-in comb to add style, volume, and elegance to any look.
Look: Danica McKellar dancing the cha cha cha to “I Wanna Dance With Somebody”
Prize:Go! Go! Girl Hair Extension. This 18” layered one-piece clip-in extension can be easily styled with heat to create instant volume, length, and desired waves.
Look: Nene Leakes performing the salsa to “So Hot in Here”
Prize: Side Swept – Side angled clip-in bang offering offering the style without the commitment!
Disclaimer: I received no compensation for this post.
As Season 18 of Dancing with the Stars premiered this week, close to 20 million viewers continue to tune in week after week to catch celebrity contestants take the stage. But it’s not just the dance moves that have fans captivated, the ever-changing hair looks featured on the show have a following all their own. With the Dancing with the Stars hair extension collection from Put On Pieces by HairUWear, it’s easy to recreate the high-impact styles seen on the stage. The ultra-glam range of hair extensions lets you experiment with length, volume and style without the commitment.
Disclaimer: I will be receiving products samples to facilitate this post.