A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Sometimes, looking after your young ones often leaves little time for yourself. No time to make it to the salon? No problem! Below are some quick and easy at home beauty treatments to make personal upkeep possible for moms while family remains the priority.
Nad's Facial Wand Eyebrow Shaper ($8.99, Target and Walmart): An at-home natural, professional eyebrow and facial hair remover making waxing and shaping easy to achieve. For a no heat, no fuss hair removal option, the Nad's Facial Wand Eyebrow Shaper is carefully cultivated with the Nad's unique SlimTip applicator, the pen releases just the right amount of gel from the precision tip easy for control and customization.
Nad's Exfoliating Body Wax Strips ($8.99, MoreNads.com and Target.com): Infused with a tropical grapefruit scent. The new Nad's Exfoliating Body Wax Strips are an innovative take on the traditional at-home wax strip with the world's FIRST exfoliating waxing strip. Each cultivated with the Nad's patented Xfol™ technology, a coarse exfoliating surface on the outside to remove buildup and dead skin, these strips work to release trapped ingrown hairs while a powerful, strong 'grip' within the strip to adhere and remove hair.
Nad's has been such a lifesaver for me over the years! I have been using their trustworthy and completely effective hair removal products forever. I love Nad's!
For more information go to: http://nads.com/
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review. Any opinions are my own.
Just because Summer is coming to and end does not mean you need to put up with unsightly stubble......anywhere! Nad's hair removal products make it easy for you to get rid of unwanted hair on your legs, underarms, bikini area and even nose hair!
Nad’s current line of hair removal products includes facial hair removal, Brazilian bikini, hair removal cream, nose hair removal and wax strips.
Nad’s is the original, innovative hair removal company for women and men founded by CEO Sue Ismiel in 1992. Sue Ismiel is a true pioneer in the at-home hair removal category enabling anyone to wax without any fuss or mess.
Sue’s General guide to waxing
- Clean and dry the area to be treated. Ensure all oils, makeup and moisturizers are removed.
- Apply wax slowly in the direction of hair growth
- Firmly smooth over strip 3-4 times
- Quickly remove strip holding skin taut in opposite direction to the hair growth.
- The quicker you pull the strip back the more effective the hair removal. Don’t forget to hold the skin taut and pull the strip back as close to the skin as possible. Bruising may be a result of not holding your skin taut.
- On some parts of your body, like for example your underarms or your center brow, hair can grow in different directions. Always assess carefully before applying the wax.
- Make sure the hair is at least 3-5mm long; otherwise the hair may not be removed.
- Check that you are not perspiring or that your body is too hot (i.e. if you have just come out of the shower) as this will prevent the wax from adhering to the hair effectively.
- Try to avoid waxing just before or during your period. Your skin is really sensitive during this time.
- For optimal results, exfoliate your skin no sooner than eight hours before hair removal and 48 hours after. Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells and maintain vital skin health. It also helps minimize ingrown hairs.
- It is normal for the skin to appear red after waxing. Remove any residue then soothe your skin following hair removal with a cooling aloe vera, this helps to soothe and calm the skin after hair removal. Can be used daily as soothing moisturizer.
If you breakout or suffer skin irritations after facial waxing, apply a cold compress immediately after waxing. If the redness is still noticeable apply calming Aloe Vera Gel which will help to reduce redness and irritation after hair removal. To prevent breakouts, apply an antibacterial lotion to the skin after waxing. Nad’s Ingrown Solution is perfect as it contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients.
- Ensure your skin is held taut before removing the backing strip
- Ensure you pull off the strip close to the skin rather than upwards
- Ensure the hair length is at least 3-5mm long
My thoughts: I had never tried Nad's Hair Removal products before, and my daughters and I were excited to give them a try. I was sent several Nad's products to review. I received the Body Wax Strips, Brazilian and Bikini Wax, Facial Wand Eyebrow Shaper, Facial Wax Strips, Premium Cotton Strips and the Nose Wax.
The first product that I wanted to try was the Nose Wax. I swear, by the horrendous amount of nostril hair I was blessed with that I was either meant to be a man or that God has a sense of humor! I am always plucking them with tweezers or shoving scissors in there to trim them. I had an absolute blast using the Nose Wax, I tell you. It was so much fun to dip the applicator bulbs into the hot wax and stick it into my nostrils. I actually did them both at the same time and I looked hilarious with both plastic white handles poking out of my nose like a rabid walrus.
After about a minute, I tore those things right out of my nostrils and was simply amazed. The bulb tips looked like tiny porcupines with my nasal foliage as the bristles. Gross! But So fun! It did not even hurt.
See the instructional video here:
I love the Facial Wax Strips. I have lots of darn peach fuzz on my face and I hate it! It grows around my lips and I look like I have a mustache. It is so easy to use! There is no heating required as these strips are ready anytime. I just rub, peel and go!
My oldest daughter enjoyed using the Body Wax Strips for her underarms. She is the only one who is patient enough to let her stubble grow out long enough to be able to wax under there. I could never do that! I get a five-o-clock shadow just a few hours after shaving and I would be a gorilla in a day's time, so a razor it is for me!
See here, see here:
Both of my girls use the Facial Wand Eyebrow Shaper for perfectly coiffed brows. None of us have tried the Brazilian and Bikini Wax kit yet. Well, even if my girls have tried it, I doubt they will tell me. They are pretty modest. As for me, again, if I did not shave every single day in that area, I would be an Amazon woman in a day and I would feel so disgusting, so it would be hard to grow that 'area' out. I'm not saying I won't try it out, I just have not done it yet.
To learn more about Nad's go to: http://www.nads.com/
Nad's products are all under $30 and are available nationally and can be found in mass market retailers including Walmart, Duane Reade, Walgreens, ULTA and Rite-Aid.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.