A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
It is almost summertime! Hurray! Whether or not you have a summer vacation planned, you can treat yourself to these amazing beauty finds and feel like you are on a spa retreat all summer long!
Aquis hair towel. There is seriously nothing like it. I never blow dry my hair because I am trying not to use any styling tools. My hair is already color-treated and does not need any further damage. So after washing my hair, I grab my Aquis hair towel, wrap it around my hair, and then proceed to dry my body with my bath towel. I apply body lotion, all facial treatments and brush my teeth.
Finally, I remove my Aquis towel from my head, and my hair is no longer soaking wet. The Aquis towel removes most of the water from my hair, and my hair is ready for my leave-in conditioner. Not too wet, not too dry, just perfect. I love this amazing miraculous towel because before I discovered it, my hair would be drenched when I would go to bed, and even still be damp by morning. The Aquis towel dries my hair ever so gently, and keeps it from further damage.
Scunci has a variety of must-have products that keep my hair stylish and out of my face. I have used Scunci headbands and ponytail holders ever since my teenage years. They always have such a great variety of elastics, headbands and hair accessories, perfect for keeping your hair up and out of the way on warm summer days.
I am currently using the Conair Detangling Paddle Brush, and it is perfect for keeping the rat's nests out from the back of hair hair, where it is always massively tangled. I simply flip my hair forward and brush it while my head is upside down.
DDF Skincare (Doctor's Dermatologic Formula) I love DDF Skincare. I use their facial cleanser every morning and night. DDF has an entire line to suit all of your skin care needs. I especially love their weightless daily moisturizer which contains SPF as well as anti-aging ingredients that keep my skin looking young as well as protected from the sun's harmful rays. (Without oiliness!)
Makeup Drop helps me to apply my foundation effortlessly without wasting even one precious drop! It blends my makeup perfectly. I don't know how I ever lived without it before.
Malin + Goetz is one of my very favorite skin care discoveries. I am in love with their eucalyptus deodorant, cannabis hand and peppermint body scrub. Each product has an uplifting, summery fragrance, perfect for warmer months.
Philip B. Haircare makes my hair look and feel like I get it done in a salon every single day!
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
Pack away those winter hues and dive into summer with a new look and new ‘do with Philip B! Promptly transform your look without commitment.
Maui Wowie Volumizing & Thickening Beach Mist Ultra-light spray gives hair sexy volume and shiny, piecey, tousled waves (plus a gorgeous beachy scent).
- A texturizer and conditioning treatment in one, loaded with botanical moisturizers
- Boosts volume and amps up waves to recreate the piece-y, tousled, bombshell texture you get from the ocean
- Leaves hair gleaming and bouncy, not stiff; pure Orchid and Kukui oils impart a healthy, voluptuous feel
- Blend of Sea Salt and Aloe Vera creates gorgeous lift
- Infused with sexy, mood-boosting notes of pure Coconut and Tahitian Gardenia; perfect for your late-afternoon revival kit!
- Paraben & phthalate free; color & keratin-treatment safe
Russian Amber Imperial Dry Shampoo Luxe twist on dry shampoo technology lets you create serious volume without sacrificing shine.
- Refreshes tired, unwashed hair, giving it a clean, powdery-fresh feeling without any powdery residue
- Extends the life of your blowout
- Creates gorgeous body, texture and lift anytime
- Absorbs scalp oils and neutralizes product build-up
- Leaves hair with a sexy, gleaming finish (not matte)
- Doubles as a hair perfume: Scents strands with warm, sensuous notes of Pure Russian Amber
- Paraben free; color & keratin-treatment safe
Oud Royal Thermal Protection Spray Weightless, time-released hair perfume builds sexy texture, enhances shine and protects against damage from heated styling tools. Apply as a pre-styling primer to elevate shine and prevent breakage and split ends. A sexy, lingering hair fragrance that plumps up your hair and shields it against the ravages of heat styling. A mix of botanical hydrators (Safflower Oleosomes, Mongogo Oil, Vitamin E and Sweet Almond Oil) and a potent L-Amino Acid Complex repairs fragile strands as it protects.
- Strengthens hair with a potent L-Amino Acid complex and amino acids and condition it with botanical hydrators so light and tiny that they’ll never weigh you down
- Light, seductive notes of Oud , encapsulated in tiny safflower oleosomes, gradually release over time for a lingering, follow-me scent
- Detangles and shields hair from the scorch of hot styling tools. It also builds in sexy texture: supremely plump, bouncy and satiny-soft
- Creates an invisible, weightless shield against the sun, chlorine and salt water
- Sweet Blue Lupine Peptides offer superior color hold to keep color from fading or turning
Do you have that Olympic fever running through your veins? Did a sense of pride wash over you when Michael Phelps won his 28th Olympic medal? Were you wiping away tears when Simone Biles and Aly Raisman won silver and gold in Women’s Gymnastics? If so, then exude the winner you truly are with these champion products from Molton Brown, Philip B, and Lauren B. Beauty!
Molton Brown Oudh Accord & Gold Body Wash ($33) includes real gold flakes, making this the ultimate first place cleanser
Philip B. Gravity-Defying Gel ($31) gives you professional strength hold and winning style all day long
Lauren B. Beauty in Where’s My Oscar? ($18) gives your fingers the golden standard for days on end
Summer is in the air, and man, it is hot! It’s time to grab the freshest scents, sprays, shades and sun-kissed skin tips to celebrate! Bring on the heat and a hint of sweet with fragrances from Krigler and Molton Brown, wavy beach hair from Philip B, fame worthy nail lacquer from Lauren B Beauty, and tips to lock in the perfect summer tan with Skyy Hadley!
Find vacation in a bottle with Krigler Perfumes Sierra Vista 2142 ($355) with woody scents of cedar and sandalwood, and warm notes of jasmine and rose that bring the wild desert heat to life.
Stay fresh on those hot summer days with Molton Brown’s Dewy Lily of the Valley & Star Anise Eau de Toilette ($65). It’s sweet, sophisticated, and keeps you feeling cool.
Rock your inner mermaid with Philip B’s Maui Wowie Thickening & Volumizing Beach Mist ($25). Mist this coconut-scented spray throughout your hair to create killer waves on or off the beach!
Follow those California summer vibes with Lauren B. Beauty’s Spring/Summer 2016 Collection ($18 each). These chip-free, vegan, and USA made shades make the ultimate summer statement anytime of day.
Perfect your tan this summer with these amazing self-tanning tips from Skyy Hadley, owner of As U Wish Salon!
- Always exfoliate before tanning (both face and body)
- apply moisturizer to elbows, knees, and feet before applying any self tanner
- Use the residue of product that remains on the palms of your hands to elbows, knees, and feet. You only need a small amount for these areas since they absorb color more readily.
- FACE: Using a quarter size amount of self tanner, rub your hands together to evenly coat both hands. Starting at your check bones, rub your hands in a gentle motion over all of the skin on your face. Be sure to get a single thin layer of self tanner worked into all of the skin. Apply a second layer to your cheekbones and the top of your nose. I suggest using an aerosol spray for an easy, even tan.
Summer has OFFICIALLY arrived!! The sun is shining bright now that summer is here, so here are some golden tips, tricks, and products from Molton Brown, Philip B, Lauren B Beauty, and Skyy Hadley to help you radiate as luminously as the sun!
Philip B. Styling Gel ($21)
Skyy Hadley, owner of As U Wish Salon, knows how walking around every day in the summer heat can take a toll on your feet. Pamper them with these at-home pedicure tips!
- After removing nail polish and spraying feet with an antiseptic, soak feet in water and milk. Adding milk is a crucial step as water can strip skin of moisture and leave feet drier. Milk naturally exfoliates and nourishes the skin and it’s right in your refrigerator.
- Lightly shape the toenails by cutting nails back slightly and massaging toes and feet with cream or oil. After feet have soaked for a few minutes, push back the cuticles – do NOT cut them. Cutting them creates more hangnails and can even lead to infection.
- Lightly buff the nail plate while it is still moist with a cuticle cream or conditioner. Then buff the skin on your feet by applying a foot scrub and massaging the formula deep into the skin, concentrating on trouble spots. To really smooth things over, use a diamond file (avoid pumices as they trap bacteria) on particularly rough patches like the heel and ball of the foot.
- To maintain and prolong color, use a primer on the nails first. This step actually dehydrates the nail by bringing the natural oils out, making color grip longer. After applying color, add a top coat. Three days later, apply a top coat again to prevent color from chipping.
*Posting in exchange for product.
Father’s Day is quickly approaching, and every man deserves a little TLC too! Indulge dad with these gentlemanly products from Molton Brown, Philip B, and Krigler Perfumes!
Behind on Mother’s Day shopping and ideas? Lauren B. Beauty’s pastel nail lacquers, Philip B.’s Lavender Hair & Body Wash, and Skyy Hadley of As U Wish Salon’s Coconut Sugar Smooth Hand Scrub are a procrastinators dream. No one will know you’ve only picked these out just a couple of days before her special day!
Lauren B. Beauty in Silverlake Speaskeasy, Santa Monica Shutters, and City of Angels are the perfect spring colors to give your hands a light and fresh touch up. Find these lacquers at laurenbbeauty.com.
Philip B. Lavender Hand & Body Wash envelops your skin in a calming scent and gives you a soft and lasting wash for your hair and body. Find this hair & body wash at philipb.com
Skyy Hadley’s Coconut Sugar Smooth Hand Scrub will exfoliate and give mom the smoothest hands around! Here are Skyy Hadley’s directions to get the perfect exfoliation for hands:
- Coconut oil (Tbsp)
- Sugar (3/4 Cup)
- Olive oil (Tbsp)
Stir mixture together in small jar. Take handful of the scrub and rub into hands. Leave on for a few minutes and rinse in warm water. Follow with a hand moisturizer of your choice. It’s best to do this before bed at night to avoid using your hands a lot after.
*Post in exchange for product
Mom works tirelessly to look after and care for us each and every day. Return the favor this MOTHER’S DAY by bringing a luxurious manicure straight to her with Lauren B. Beauty and Philip B. The Ultimate Nail Treatment Collection is filled with the essentials she needs for the ultimate indulgence on their special day! Keep those manicured hands looking flawless for weeks to come with Philip B luxurious Lavender Hand Crème.
Ultimate Nail Treatment Collection : Pamper your hands and nails with this botanical breakthrough. This kit includes only vegan-friendly and cruelty-free ingredients, including travel hand cream, smoothing cuticle balm, and long-wearing top coats, for a guaranteed perfect manicure.
Where to purchase : www.LaurenBBeauty.com
Philip B Lavender Hand Crème : This rich, super-indulgent, youth-preserving crème sinks in instantly to tackle dryness, making rough spots, peeling cuticles and itchy palms a thing of the past. Bonus: The elegant pump bottle makes a gorgeous gift. Just tie on a ribbon and you’re set.
Where to purchase : www.PhilipB.com
*product received to facilitate post
Philip B. Botanical products have been A list hair care treatments for years, turning the driest of locks into luscious, healthy heads of hair. Although Philip B. products are well known for what they can achieve for the hair and scalp, we’ve dug a little deeper into what these formulas can do beyond what they promise on their labels! It’s time to rethink the way you spray, lather and dab.
MEET THE MULTITASKERS:
Peppermint & Avocado Volumizing & Clarifying Shampoo ($28): It’s known for leaving scalps tingly clean. But high levels of naturally antiseptic peppermint oil make it a genius makeup-brush cleaner.
I absolutely love this shampoo! It makes my hair feel so very deep-down clean. I love the minty tingle on my scalp. It definitely strips away all build-up, yet does not remove the natural oils of my hair.
I am completely smitten with this dry shampoo. It is so unbelievably amazing! When my hair needs a quick pick-me-up, or looks oily and flat, I spray this product into my dry hair. First of all, it doesn't make my hair look white like some dry shampoos. Secondly, it has a wonderful cooling feeling! It gives my hair beautiful texture without the residue that other texturizing products give me. My hair is left looking très chic and voluminous! This is the best dry shampoo I have ever used.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.