A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Dandelion Sun Launches "be free", a 4 in 1 Anti-Aging Moisturizer with SPF
Female-Founded Startup Passionate About Breaking Through Barriers to Bring Innovative and Quality Products to Market
25% OFF HOLIDAY EVENT TO RING IN THE NEW YEAR
Dandelion Sun, a new leading anti-aging moisturizer brand made in California, has launched its first product in a vegan line to combat the most common skin issues facing women. Dandelion Sun's be free: 4 in 1 Face Moisturizer is an instant essential to be included in your daily skincare regimen. This multi-tasking moisturizer helps decrease the appearance of wrinkles, hydrate and brighten uneven skin tones, as well as provide Broad Spectrum SPF 30. be free is available now for $29.99 at dandelionsun.com and Amazon.
"90% of skin aging is caused by daily sun exposure," says Co-Founder and Head of Product, Marlena Chang, "incorporating a daily SPF can combat this." Combined with clean and effective ingredients like Vitamin C & E, Squalane from Avocado Oil, Japanese Green Tea Leaf extract (and more), makes this clinically proven formulation very powerful. be free is cruelty-free and contains no Parabens, Sulfates or Phthalates.
"Dandelion Sun was created with women like ourselves in mind," says Co-Founder and CEO, Stephanie Marks. "We have fast-paced, active lifestyles but are also mindful about our health and the products we use. If you remember to use only one skin care product in the morning, make it be free."
I have been getting facial peels recently, and my facial specialist could not stress enough the importance of sunscreen. I used to think that the sunscreen in my foundation was enough, but she told me that I was wrong! I need a stronger sunscreen, a broad spectrum SPF. Thankfully, Dandelion Sun provides that. The first thing I thought when I applied this product to my skin was that it smells very fresh and uplifting! It has a much lighter feel than sunscreen products usually do, and it completely absorbs into my skin. I apply it to my entire face, neck and upper chest area first thing in the morning. The formula feels extremely hydrating without leaving behind any shine or greasiness, which I love. Dandelion Sun keeps my skin feeling supple all day long.
ABOUT DANDELION SUN
Founded in Sonoma County, California, Dandelion Sun is an anti-aging moisturizer brand made to combat the most common skin issues facing women. Dandelion Sun is about an experience. Everything from the product to the packaging and fragrance are designed to evoke feelings of confidence, knowing your skin is nourished and protected. Delivering on the promise of healthy, beautiful skin using clean and effective ingredients is what drives Dandelion Sun. As innovators in antioxidant and sun protection technology,the clinically proven formulation has been shown to dramatically improve skin health by protecting against environmental damage and visibly improving skin's tone, brightness, and the appearance of wrinkles.
For additional information, please visit www.dandelionsun.com.
It is hard to believe that it is already August! We have had some very hot temperatures the last few days. As a mom, I am the go-to person who makes certain that my family is stocked up on SPFs. There is still plenty of summer left for camping and boating, and It is my job to make sure that I have plenty of sunscreen on hand for everyone.
My all-time favorite sunscreens are from Australian Gold. They feel amazing, smell wonderful, feature reef friendly formulas, and are perfect for the whole family!
Here are my favorites:
Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen SPF 50 Tinted Face Mineral Lotion
($12.99; Ulta Beauty and www.AustralianGold.com)
This non-chemical sunscreen lotion delivers a refreshingly luxurious, powdery-clean feel, while the subtle tint seamlessly blends into any skin tone, yet washes away with water. Specially designed for sensitive facial skin, this lotion won't clog pores and is fragrance free. Rich in vitamins and antioxidants from native Australian botanical ingredients, it allows you to enjoy the sun your way, protected from both UVA and UVB rays, and water resistant for up to 80 minutes. Discover the non-greasy, non-sticky feel of the Australian Gold® Botanical Line and experience worry-free days in the sun!
Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen SPF 30 and SPF 50 Mineral Lotions
($14.99; Ulta Beauty and www.AustralianGold.com)
Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen SPF 30 and SPF 50 Natural Sprays
A refreshing, powdery-clean feel in a convenient 360° continuous spray. Features a non-sticky, antioxidant rich formula that provides UVA/UVB broad spectrum protection with Certified Organic Alcohol for a naturally luxurious sunscreen experience.
Australian Gold® Botanical Sunscreen SPF 50 Kids Mineral Lotion
($14.99; Ulta, CVS, Target and Walmart and www.AustralianGold.com)
Anultra-sensitive, quick absorbing, non-greasy, antioxidant rich formula that provides UVA/UVB broad spectrum protection made especially for kids. The InvisiTech™ Formula utilizes 100% mineral active ingredients Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide to provide a non-chemical sun protection option, designed to spread on smoothly with a powder-like matte finish that’s never greasy or whitening. Now even the most discerning parents can have the confidence of knowing their children are protected against UVA and UVB rays through the use of only the finest and safest ingredients!
Benefits of these Australian Gold formulas:
- Broad Spectrum UVA/UVA Protection
- Water resistant for up to 80 minutes
- Reef Friendly formulas are free of Oxybenzone, Parabens, Phthalates, Petrolatum, PABA, SLS, BPA, Alcohol, Dyes and Oils
- Hypoallergenic, Pediatrician and Dermatologist Tested, Not tested on animals
With the long holiday weekend fast approaching, have fun in the sun while protecting your skin with the IMAGE Skincare Prevention+ Collection.
The sun care line will shield you from the sun’s harmful rays as well as pollution and smoke (bonus). Prevention+ is an evolution of daily skin moisturizers with built-in broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun and infrared protection, so you’re always protecting your IMAGE. The line (priced from $33-$38) provides a range of products for all skin types, long term sun exposure, sports actives, and post treatment skin, including:
- Pure Mineral Sunscreen Spray SPF 35+ is an anti-pollution, anti-aging pure mineral sunscreen spray that offers superior UVA/UVB and infrared protection. The spray is ultra-lightweight for a non-greasy, weightless finish and is formulated for advanced protection against the aging effects of the sun.
- Sport Sunscreen Spray SPF 50 is formulated for superior UVA/UVB and infrared protection during sport and outdoor activities. Infused with organic ingredients including agave leaf extract, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil, this antioxidant rich spray provides advanced protection against sun damage.
- Daily Hydrating Moisturizer is a long-lasting, deep moisturizer for dry/dehydrated and sensitive/rosacea prone skin combined with a broad-spectrum high UVA/UVB sun protection. The formula is enriched with a blend of anti-oxidants, vitamins and green tea as an anti-inflammatory agent with high sun protection.
- Daily Matte Moisturizer features broad-spectrum protection with microsponge technology to absorb surface oils and leaves skin with a matte, shine-free finish. Great for everyday use, it contains a next generation blend of anti-oxidants to decrease harmful effects of the sun and environmental exposures.
- Daily Tinted Moisturizer features a built in broad spectrum UVA/UVB high sun protection and provides an even skin tone and healthy glow. The formula is lightweight and sheer to absorb quickly without any residue.
- Daily Ultimate Protection Moisturizer provides an ultra-sheer, lightweight finish with a built in broad-spectrum high UVA/UVB sunscreen. It contains zinc oxide, a key ingredient to prevent free-radical damage and protect against environmental exposures. It’s formulated to delay the aging effects of the sun on skin cells and is safe for post-procedure skin.
- Ultra Sheer Spray SPF 45 features ultimate protection with its water resistant, lightweight formula that dries clear. Next generation technology combines physical sunscreen ingredient transparent zinc oxide with powerful anti-oxidants to prevent free-radical damage and protect against environmental exposures.
IMAGE Skincare is available in spas and salons nationwide. To find a location near you, visit: https://www.imageskincare.com/pages/store-locator/
If you are like me, you enjoy a lot of quality time outdoors, especially when the weather is beautiful and sunny.
However, many women, (myself included until recently) are unaware of proper sunscreen usage guidelines. Sun exposure is the biggest cause of skin cancer. Over the past three decades, more people have had skin cancer than all other cancers combined.
NO-AD would like to change that. Orlando-based NO-AD, is the sunscreen brand that costs less per ounce because "no advertising" means the brand doesn't buy expensive TV, print or radio ads, passing the savings on to consumers. I think that is a brilliant concept! Advertising by not advertising.
As a mom of four children, I thought I knew everything about applying sunscreen properly to myself and my family. It turns out that I wasn't doing things quite correctly. The infographic below gives a useful guideline for proper sunscreen application. Studies have shown that fewer than half of well-meaning parents know the correct amount to apply and more than half think the proper time to apply sunscreen is "as soon as they start feeling their skin burning."
I sure wish I had this information when I was a teenager. I was one of those girls who applied baby oil to my entire body and laid for hours in the sun without any form of sunscreen. I received many sunburns and I now suffer from sun spots and plenty of freckles. (Not many wrinkles though, thankfully!) I am sure that I will face skin cancer at some point in my life. At least it is not too late protect my children from the sun's damaging rays.
No-AD has a great variety of sun protection products. I have tried a few of them, and I completely trust this amazing brand. I have been using it for years now.
I love No-Ad's Ocean Potion sunscreen. Ocean Potion is known for easy application and a memorable orange-cream fragrance. This brand pioneered the use of innovative ingredients such as sea kelp extract and Vitamin D3.
I also love Clear Zinc Oxide Face Potion SPF45 . This creamy zinc makeup artist fave goes on clear, dries matte and works wonderfully under makeup. Provides SPF45 protection. Hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and very affordable!
If you're thinking self-tanners, Ocean Potion EverGlow Extreme Self-Tanning Lotion has a terrific mango-lime fragrance. Ocean Potion Protect & Nourish Lotion is amazing as well.
Enter to win! Five winners will be chosen to receive a set of three NO-AD and Ocean Potion suncare products.
How? It's easy! Just fill out the Giveaway Tools form below for your chance to win. Good luck!
What SPF do you use?
Available at www.walgreens.com
You've probably heard that Lyme disease is a growing concern in the United States but did you know that this year we're on the brink of a Lyme disease outbreak? The recent acorn surge means mouse populations will climb — giving rise to more disease-carrying ticks.
This summer, protect your family with the whole line of Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard products. Avon’s two dual action SKIN SO SOFT BUG GUARD PLUS lotions not only repel and protect against mosquitoes that may carry the Zika virus, but also against deer ticks that may transmit Lyme Disease.
Avon’s lotion formulas that repel and protect against deer ticks that may transmit Lyme Disease and mosquitoes that may carry the Zika virus, and other insects, include:
- SKIN SO SOFT BUG GUARD PLUS IR3535® Gentle Breeze SPF 30 Lotion: Dermatologist-tested and hypoallergenic, this lotion is lightly scented with a cool, springtime fragrance.
- SKIN SO SOFT BUG GUARD PLUS IR3535® SPF 30 Cool 'n Fabulous Disappearing Color Lotion: The pediatrician-tested, hypoallergenic, kid-friendly formula goes on blue so you can see exactly where it’s being applied, then dries and disappears into the skin.
Additionally, they provide vital SPF 30 sun protection – something that’s already a year-round must. Getting into the habit of regularly protecting yourself and your family from exposure to bugs and bites is one of the best things you can do to stay safe
I received samples of both of these formulas to review. They came at a perfect time, because we went camping for Memorial Day weekend. Where we camp (In La Pine, Oregon) there is the hot sun as well as bugs. Many, many bugs. I was so thankful to have my Skin so Soft Bug Guard Formulas available to keep my family's skin safe from the varmints as well as the sun's harmful rays. My son, Braxton loved slathering himself with the fun disappearing color lotion. He thought it was the greatest. He didn't receive even one mosquito or tick bite, nor did he get sunburned on our 3-day camping trip.
Where to buy: Available exclusively on Avon.com and through Avon Representatives.
Price: $14.00 each for Skin So Soft Lotions
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
Coppertone is my number one, most trusted brand of sunscreen. I love it. Coppertone sunscreen has protected my family's skin ever since they were little. In fact, as my children are growing up (and yes, getting married now!) Coppertone remains our favorite!
My oldest daughter, Kendallyn, just married her sweetheart, Samuel in Hawaii on February 25th. I had never been to Hawaii in the winter months before, (but plenty of times in the summer) and I was uncertain about how strong the sun's rays would be. I still wanted to make sure we were all protected from getting sunburned.
My beautiful daughter, Kendallyn with us (Mom and Dad)
How exciting it was that I was given the chance to try out Coppertone's newest products just in time for our trip last month! There was not one sunburned body in my group! I received the following products to review:
Coppertone Whipped Sunscreens: Available in the CLEARLYSheer and WaterBABIES lines, these sunscreens offer a luxuriously light, breathable formula that provides trusted broad-spectrum protection in a rich and creamy lotion. This water-resistant sunscreen glides on easily and absorbs quickly, leaving skin feeling velvety soft with a refreshing citrus scent. Coppertone® WaterBABIES® Pure & Simple Free Sunscreen: provides trusted, broad-spectrum protection and is free of fragrance, parabens, PABA and dyes. Coppertone® Sport® Stick SPF 50 and Coppertone WaterBABIES® Pure & Simple Stick SPF 50: Offer the same broad-spectrum protection for athletes and babies, now with wider and easier-to-use packaging that makes sunscreen portable and application mess-free. Coppertone Sport® Lip Balm SPF 50: Delivers quick, convenient sun protection with a new formula, which helps moisturize lips with aloe and Vitamin E while providing broad spectrum protection.
The Makers of Coppertone® Create New Sunscreen Form with First-Ever Whipped Sunscreen
Coppertone continues legacy of transforming sunscreen industry with 2017 product launches
Bayer, the maker of COPPERTONE, announced today the release of a transformative new sunscreen form that’s unlike any other. It offers a light, creamy texture that absorbs quickly into skin, leaving it soft and smooth. Over five years in the making, new Coppertone® Whipped formulas are now available in the CLEARLYSheer® line and the WaterBABIES® Pure & Simple line, delivering consumers broad-spectrum protection and an entirely new sunscreen experience from a trusted brand.
Gone are the days when consumers had to compromise between strong sun protection and desirable product feel. COPPERTONE® Whipped products’ luxurious, gentle formulas surprise and delight while still emphasizing what is most important: broad-spectrum sun protection that should be worn every single day.
“For my patients, one of the biggest barriers to using everyday sun protection is that they dislike how the products feel on skin,” said Dr. Elizabeth K. Hale, Clinical Associate Professor of Dermatology at the New York University School of Medicine and consultant to the makers of Coppertone® products. “Whipped sunscreens not only solve this problem, they also improve the likelihood that people will reapply to themselves and their children, which is essential for protecting their skin against UVA and UVB rays.”
COPPERTONE® CLEARLYSheer® Whipped Sunscreens, available in SPF 30 and 50, won’t clog pores or cause breakouts, feel clean and light on skin and glide on easily, transforming the experience of applying sunscreen from a mandatory task to something consumers can look forward to doing before they head outdoors.
Coppertone® WaterBABIES® Pure & Simple Whipped Sunscreen is free of fragrance, parabens, PABA, dyes and oil and spreads easily on babies’ skin in a light and soft formula. Available in SPF 50, this water-resistant, broad-spectrum sunscreen makes applying sunscreen much simpler and leaves baby’s delicate skin feeling soft and smooth.
“ At Coppertone, we challenge ourselves every day to transform the industry, to create a product unlike any other, and to give consumers the sunscreens they need,” said Lisa Perez, Marketing Director, Suncare at Bayer. “Our Whipped line meets all of the criteria. We pride ourselves on our long heritage of expert sun protection, starting with the introduction of today’s SPF system and introducing entirely new forms that meet the evolving needs of our consumers.”
Additional 2017 Launches:
Alongside the new Coppertone® Whipped launches, consumers will see additional new products from Coppertone on shelves this year:
- Coppertone® WaterBABIES® Pure & Simple Free Sunscreen provides trusted, broad-spectrum protection and is free of fragrance, parabens, PABA and dyes
- perfect for protecting precious skin from the sun every day with a light, non-irritating formula.
- Coppertone® Sport® Stick SPF 50 and Coppertone WaterBABIES® Pure & Simple Stick SPF 50 offer the same broad-spectrum protection for athletes and babies, now with wider and easier-to-use packaging that makes sunscreen portable and application mess-free.
- Coppertone Sport® Lip Balm SPF 50 delivers quick, convenient sun protection with a new formula, which helps moisturize lips with aloe and Vitamin E while providing broad spectrum protection.
Usually, I cannot stand the feel of sunscreen on my hands, but using COPPERTONE CLEARLYSheer Whipped Sunscreens, (which I had in both SPF 30 and 50) felt like a creamy mousse rather than a greasy lotion. I was very happy to apply it to anyone that asked. Both bottles that I received to review were almost used up because everybody was intrigued at the whipped texture, and how easily it blended into the skin without a lot of rubbing.
Baby Gracie sat patiently as Mommy applied her Coppertone WaterBABIES Pure & Simple Free Sunscreen
My beautiful daughters on the beach, all slathered up with COPPERTONE CLEARLYSheer Whipped Sunscreen (30 SPF)
My beach boy, Braxton was well protected. I kept him covered in Coppertone® WaterBABIES® Pure & Simple Whipped Sunscreen
Although I am sad that my tropical vacation came to and end, there are plenty of warm days ahead of us, and Coppertone will always be a part of them. Bring on the sun!
Enter to win! One winner will receive Coppertone's CLEARLYSheer Whipped sunscreen, the new Sport Stick and WaterBABIES Pure & Simple Lotion. (ARV: $30)
How? It's easy! Just enter to win using the Giveaway Tools form below. Good luck!
For more information on the exciting new products from COPPERTONE®, visit www.coppertone.com
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
I have always loved Avon. My grandma was an Avon lady. My mother always used it, too. Avon is a brand that has my complete trust because I know that their products are made of only the highest quality of ingredients.
I was excited to find out that Avon’s newest skincare innovation, NutraEffects, has recently launched on Avon.com. I knew this was something I wanted to try out.
INTRODUCING AVON NUTRAEFFECTS
HARNESSING THE POWER OF THE SEED FOR ULTIMATE SKIN HEALTH
A seed is one of nature’s most powerful creations, it’s the source of life itself. Avon NutraEffects has harnessed this power into its breakthrough Active Seed Complex. The complex is made with Chia Seeds which are used as the hydrating base ingredient across all of the products within the range. The powerful hydration quality comes from the blend of Chia Seeds which can hold up to 12x their weight in water and are rich in omega 3 fatty acids. In addition to this, each NutraEffects formula is then blended with other nutrient rich seeds and skin loving antioxidants to target one of four skin care needs: hydration, balance, radiance, and signs of aging.
The combinations deliver healthier, more beautiful skin from day one. All products are suitable for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic, and paraben- and dye-free. The collection includes:
Avon NutraEffects Active Seed Complex Hydration Daily Cream SPF15 and Gel Night Cream ($18.00 each)
Formulated with the antioxidant-packed Chia Seed, which is one of nature’s superfoods and known for its ability to hold moisture, these deeply hydrating creams improve texture and provide 48-hour hydration to soften dry, rough skin. Designed for dry to normal skin.
- Key Ingredient: Chia Seed
- Key Benefit: Hydration
- Key Result: Dramatically improves appearance of rough, dry skin*
Avon NutraEffects Active Seed Complex Balance Daily Cream SPF15 and Gel Night Cream ($18.00 each)
Made with a formulation of Chia Seed and specialized mattifying powders working together to reduce oil, minimize the appearance of pores, and help keep skin balanced and shine-free. Designed for combination to oily skin.
- Key Ingredient: Chia Seed and Mattifying Powders
- Key Benefit: Balance
- Key Result: Dramatically reduces the appearance of pores*
Avon NutraEffects Active Seed Complex Radiance Day Cream SPF20 and Night Cream ($18.00 each)
Designed to rejuvenate dull skin, even out skin tone, and restore the complexion’s natural glow, these radiance-boosting creams are formulated with Birds of Paradise Seed, an ingredient known for its ability to brighten and reduce the look of pigmentation.
- Key Ingredient: Birds of Paradise Seed
- Key Benefit: Radiance
- Key Result: Reduces the appearance of discoloration**
Avon NutraEffects Active Seed Complex Ageless Multi-Action Day Cream SPF20, Night Cream, and Eye Cream ($18.00 each)
These anti-aging products are all fortified with pomegranate extract, which is known for its powerful age-defying properties and packed with vitamins and antioxidants. All three creams firm skin, nourish the complexion, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Key Ingredient: Pomegranate Extract
- Key Benefit: Combats signs of aging
- Key Results: Skin looks and feels younger; youthful fullness is restored**
- Visibly diminishes the look of crow’s feet (eye cream)**
* Based on a consumer perception study after one week
**based on a consumer perception study after two weeks
The Avon NutraEffects Skincare Regime completely agrees with my skin! I love it.
WHERE TO BUY: Available exclusively through Avon Representatives. To locate an Avon Representative, call 1-800-FOR-AVON or visit www.avon.com.
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
With the heat index rising, keep yourself looking and feeling your best at all times with these beauty must-haves. Each one is perfect for a weekend getaway or picnic in the park. Feel calm, cool and confident.
Stay protected from the sun with Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Sport Luxe SPF. This 100% Natural, Sport Luxe SPF 30 was created for an active life in motion. A new generation of mineral sunscreen is infused with SmartSport™ Technology for high performance, ultra-sheer protection that resists wear off from water and sweat. Packed with skin saving antioxidants, this formula delivers superior, water resistant SPF 30 to face & body while nourishing and replenishing the skin ($22; Lavanila.com).
If you develop irritation from the sun, don’t worry – grab KORRES Greek Yoghurt After-Sun Cooling Gel. This is an ultra-cooling cream gel that provides long-lasting freshness and comfort to the face and body. Ideal for after sun exposure, yogurt hydrates the skin, instantly relieving excessive heat and stinging ($26; Sephora.com).
Keep your underarms fresh with Ban Roll-On Deodorant. Ban’s breakthrough technology specifically targets and virtually eliminates (not cover up) spicy and s-odor that other antiperspirant/deodorants may leave behind. Ban Roll-On Deodorant glides on easily with a formula that provides an outstanding 24 hours of invisible protection against odor wetness ($4.99, Drug and Mass Retailers).
Always keep a sweet summer scent on hand. Katy Perry’s Mad Love is a sexy floriental fruity fragrance that opens with the succulence of Lady Apple Sorbet and Mara Strawberry blended to perfection with freshness of delicious Pink Grapefruit. Middle notes of Peony Petals, smooth Sun-Kissed Jasmine, and the hypnotic pull of the Bleeding Heart flower captivate the senses. The essence of the Bleeding Heart flower is said to purify and strengthen the Heart Chakra, bringing an open-hearted attitude, soothing emotions, and re-inviting the spirit of love into one’s body and soul ($29.98; Kohls.com).
Show off skin that’s smooth and glowing all day long thanks to Bioré Baking Soda Cleansing Scrub. This ingenious concentrated powder cleanser is specially formulated to foam up on contact with water, leaving skin 2.5 times as clean as a basic cleanser. The formula gently exfoliates while forming tiny bubbles that dive deep into pores to break up oil and impurities. When you rinse the foam away, oil, debris and dead cells are swept away, for instantly smoother, softer texture and visibly tighter pores after just one use ($9.99; Drug and Mass Retailers).
Malin + Goetz, Sun Bum and ColorMetrics have you covered this summer with products that are perfect for the hair and skin before/after sun exposure.
FACIAL SUN PROTECTION
Try Malin + Goetz spf 30 face moisturizer for a water-resistant SPF moisturizer that strikes the perfect balance between hydration and protection.
- Delivers essential moisture and powerful broad-spectrum
- Features vitamin E to further protect against free radicals and environmental toxins, and aloe to sooth
- Formula dries to a clear, comfortable finish
Try Sun Bum SPF 30 Baby Bum Premium Natural Stick which was created in Australia for people with extremely sensitive skin.
- 100% Mineral based
- Water Resistant / 80 Minutes
- Broad Spectrum UVA / UVB Protection
AFTER SUN PROTECTION
Try Sun Bum 'Cool Down' Hydrating After Sun Gel great for those summer days that you stayed a little too long in the sun.
- Vitamin E enriched with Aloe Gel
- Rehydrates sun-baked skin
- Eases the pain of a burn and helps prevent peeling
HAIR COLOR REVIVAL
Try TouchBack Color Depositing Shampoo and Conditioner to restore hair color and shine after sun exposure.
- Temporary hair color for use between permanent colorings
- Provides instant color and shine
- Repairs damage and smoothes hair
- Contains natural botanical ingredients: extracts of sunflower, chamomile flower, rose hips, green tea leaf and lemon peel
BOOST OF HYDRATION
Try Malin+Goetz Recovery Treatment Oil which combines nine natural oils to help renew skin’s appearance.
- Evening primrose, argan and jojoba oils help to boost hydration
- Grapeseed and rosehip oils deliver essential vitamins C and E restore a healthy complexion
- Geranium and borage oils help to reduce inflammation and balance skin by normalizing oil production
*Products being sent. Any opinions are my own.
Springtime is definitely a time of renewal. Why not renew and refresh your beauty routine? There is no better season to start fresh to look and feel your absolute best. I want to share with you some of my newest favorite products that I have listed below.
Jurlique Limited Edition Rosewater Balancing Mist Intense Deluxe Edition ($65; available at Jurlique.com)
Jurlique invites you to celebrate the spirit of renewal this spring by sharing the gift of Roses. Enriched with nourishing Rose Essential Oil and a unique blend of precious Rose extracts, this special edition of our worldwide #1 bestseller is perfect for this season!
- Restores and hydrates skin
- Skin is refreshed, balanced and soothed
- Possesses antioxidant properties
*This product is dermatologist tested and free from PEGs, silicones, and colorants. Formulated without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. The fragrance is made from a 100 percent natural blend of rose extracts.
Jurlique Rose Love Balm ($12 at Jurlique.com)
A natural salve that moisturizes, softens and protects dry or chapped skin. Infused with the natural scent of roses.
Superior skin treatment salve that moisturizes and soothes sensitive, dry or chapped skin on lips, cuticles, elbows or anywhere skin is chafed and irritated.
-Lightly scented with tangerine oil, it protects against moisture loss.
-Provides antioxidant protection.
Jurlique Essence of Rose Roll-On Fragrance Oil ($22 at Jurlique.com)
This signature Jurlique fragrance captures the essence of the world's finest Rose Oils, Shea Butter, and the purity of Jurlique's very own organically grown Rosa Gallica in a sleek, pop-in your purse sized bottle. Alluring, feminine, floral and modern.
Dial Silk & Magnolia Body Wash ($4.97; Available at grocery drug and mass retailers nationwide)
Help your skin feel restored with NEW Dial ® Silk & Magnolia Body Wash.
- Enriched with Silk Protein and Magnolia Blossom
- Advanced moisture-attracting formula for lasting, lightweight hydration
- Clean-rinsing formula provides a luxurious lather for healthier looking skin that feels touchably silky soft
BaBylissPRO Rapido ($199.99)
The lightest, high-performance professional dryer in the world. Incredibly lightweight – at significantly less than 1 lb. – this dryer weighs as little as common, everyday items such as: a can of soda, a mini tablet, or a small deck of cards. With an ultra-light, Ferrari designed MaxLife® Pro Brushless engine, this dryer has increased air power to dry hair faster than high heat alone and works for up to 5,000 hours with exceptional power, performance and quality ~UP TO 50% FASTER DRYING
- Increased air power dries hair faster than high heat alone and delivers unprecedented power and performance. Handcrafted at BaByliss’ own manufacturing facility in Bergamo, Italy.
OVER 50% QUIETER OPERATION
- Removable noise-reducing filter lowers the dryer’s decibel level. For salons: creating a quieter working environment and a better overall salon experience.
UP TO 5,000 HOURS AT FULL POWER
- The MaxLife® PRO brushless motor eliminates parts that wear out over time – delivers up to 5 times longer life than traditional dryer motors.
40% LIGHTER THAN OTHER DRYERS
- The secret is inside – internal construction expertly engineered to significantly reduce dryer weight. Add to that the ultra-light MaxLife® PRO brushless motor to experience the lightest weight, high-performance professional dryer ever made. This dryer is exceptionally comfortable to use.
REDUCED HEAT EXPOSURE/ION GENERATOR FOR HEALTHY-LOOKING HAIR
- True ion generator emits millions of negative ions to eliminate frizz and seal the hair cuticles for shiny, healthy-looking hair. Features the ideal combination of temperature and air performance to respect hair cuticles and natural hydration
DenTek Professional Whitening Polisher ($34.99, Amazon)
- A superior beauty tool that goes beyond brushing, messy/time-consuming strips, and gels to instantly whiten and brighten your teeth
- Clinically whitens teeth in ONE use (less than 3 minutes)
- Removes grime and surface stains
- No peroxide or harsh chemicals – it is no harsher than your toothpaste
DenTek Floss Picks + Case ($1.50 for 2ct and $2.50 for 4ct; Available at Mass Market Retailers)
Perfect for storing the floss picks in your favorite clutch, the DenTek Floss Picks + Travel Case keeps floss picks handy for last minute touch-ups to keep your pearly whites looking perfect for your date! Stow floss picks effortlessly to ensure you keep your mouth healthy and fresh. Choose from blue, pink, purple, orange or green.
Equitance Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 36 ($30.00 (.98 fl. oz); available at equitance-us.com)
The perfect primer for makeup, this sunscreen filters UV rays and environmental stressors that contribute to hyperpigmentation, photoaging and skin-harm. Enhanced with brightening and moisturizing ingredients, the fast-drying formula primes the skin and performs flawlessly under makeup! Effectively safeguards against UV rays and free radicals.
- Linoleic Acid is extracted from safflower seed oil and purified. We found that linoleic acid’s primary effect helps to significantly minimize the appearance of dark spots. It also promotes the exfoliation of the stored melanin that form dark spots.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside is a vitamin C derivative with skin-brightening powers. In liquid topical skin care formulas, vitamin C derivative is more stable, maximizing its beneficial function better than vitamin C itself.
- Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, made from licorice, possesses soothing properties.
- Cherry Blossom Leaf Extract is culled from the Japanese sakura tree and possesses properties that sooth and soften rough skin.
- Shell Ginger Extract is derived from the Japanese alpinia speciosa leaf. Its intense moisturizing properties help brighten the skin.
Layrite Mustache Pomade ($12, at layrite.com) (I do not use this, it is for my husband! Finally a product that makes his bristly mustache feel soft!)
Layrite’s brand new Mustache Pomade is high hold water-based pomade that keeps your mustache tamed and under control for hours – ensuring you look great from morning to night. Its incredible ability to shape and hold can style and set even the toughest handle bar mustache. Additionally, this pomade specially conditions hair leaving your mustache feeling soft and natural – not stiff, dry or waxy.
Layrite Cement Hair Clay, SRP: $19 (4 oz.) at Layrite.com
Layrite Cement Hair Clay is an incredible high hold, water-based styling clay that delivers a clean, matte finish that will last all day. The perfect balance of select polymers and waxes with the lowest oil content combine to act like cement, delivering incredible hold with a natural, low shine finish. Unlike other formulas that can weigh hair down by coating it, this formula binds individual hairs together for extreme hold. Water-soluble so it washes out easily and won’t leave build-up behind! For Women: Also perfect for keeping a ponytail or braid in place, or for taming frizz and flyaways!
*I absolutely love this fabulous hair cement! It is perfect! It holds my hair in place all day with zero flaking, stiffness or stickiness. Plus, it washes out really easily. I sure wish I had this product in my teen years!
BaBylissPRO STEELFXTM FX880 (Available for $199.99 at StyleSource.com)
The BaBylissPRO STEELFXTM FX880 is BaBylissPRO’s fastest with 9000 cuts per minute to effortlessly go through any hair texture no matter how thick without the fear of a blade jamming. All this comes from its hybrid engine that combines the raw power of a pivot motor with the unmatched speed of a magnetic motor.
- 9000 RPM: MDOUBLE THE SPEED*
- o150 snag-free cuts per minute for smoother, seamless fades and faster styling
- Vibration Suppression: HALF THE VIBRATION*
- oPrecision blade movement and balance ensures a quieter and lower vibration
BaBylissPRO Volare X2 (Available for $199.99 at StyleSource.com)
The BaBylissPRO Volare X2 is powered by the legend behind Ferrari and uses an ultra-efficient MaxLife® Pro motor designed and built for BaBylissPRO in collaboration with Ferrari engineers. The precision cutting blade is titanium coated for exceptional performance. Ergonomic design provides a comfortable grip, while the high-gloss finish in Ferrari Red or Black provides the upscale appearance you expect from Ferrari. Cutting positions adjust to 4 different lengths to accommodate a variety of styles.
- Finest professional clipper made
- Ferrari designed engine
- Lithium ion battery with 3-hour cordless run time
- Patented X-Grip blade cuts 2x faster
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review. Any opinions are my own.