A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
How do you choose the correct multivitamins to keep your body in optimum health?
The term ‘multivitamins’ describes a whole host of organic substances essential for growth and for various bodily functions (reproduction, health maintenance, cognitive activity, well-being …). With no inherent calorific value, they include vitamins which the body is unable to produce, antioxidants, phytonutrients, minerals and other natural nutrients. They are referred to as micronutrients because they are present in the diet in trace amounts.
The levels needed to maintain normal health and optimal physiological function vary from individual to individual, depending on state of health (presence of chronic or digestive disease, cancer, alcoholism, restricted diet) and stage of life (growth, pregnancy, breastfeeding, old age). It is often difficult to identify deficiency before clinical symptoms appear and by the time they do, it is likely the deficit has already reached an advanced stage.
Each vitamin produces several specific effects but the interactions between them are also beneficial. These manifest as either additional, or synergistic effects. This is why expert formulation is key to the efficacy of a multivitamin complex.
Daily 2® Timed Release
Multivitamin formulation with sustained release
- quintessential supplement;
- fulfils basic requirements for antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and trace elements;
- 32 ingredients selected for their optimal bioavailability and absorption.
This new formulation perhaps epitomises the best that nutritional supplementation offers in the way of prevention, protection and therapeutic potential.
Who is it aimed at?
It is ideal for meeting the needs represented by the first level of the SuperSmart nutritional pyramid, and offers a useful alternative for regular users of Daily 3® or Daily 6®, two other benchmark multivitamins. It is an excellent formulation for ensuring a minimum daily intake of micronutrients: all the vitamins and minerals included have been selected for their clinical validity as well as for their optimal bioavailability and absorption.
This formulation contains no less than 32 ingredients which are naturally free from all artificial colours, preservatives and known allergens (dairy, fish, eggs, gluten yeast, soya…).
How have the forms of vitamins been selected?
The vitamin E complex comprises all tocopherols and their isomers for boosting the immune system, and helping prevent cardiovascular problems, Alzheimer’s disease, macular degeneration, diabetes etc.
Vitamin A is included with its carotene precursors: the alpha and beta carotenoids, as well as lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-cryptoxanthin. The majority of multivitamins offer synthetic beta-carotene only.
Vitamins K1 and K2 (menaquinone 7) help boost blood coagulation and bone metabolism.
Particular attention has been paid to the form of folic acid chosen. Unlike most available folic acid, the form in Daily 2® is metabolically-active (metafolin L5 methyltetrahydrofolate) and is thus better absorbed and directly usable by individuals with methylenetetrahydro-folate-reductase (MTHFR) polymorphism.
The choice of vitamin B12 – methylcobalamine - is a particularly safe, oral form of a nutrient that is recognised for being hard to absorb.
As you might expect, this formulation contains vitamin D3, hailed as the new panacea. The 600IU provided per tablet will, at the daily dose suggested, boost levels to those necessary for ensuring bone health as well as for helping to provide multi-faceted protection against cancer, a property extensively studied in recent years.
Are there other elements that make this formulation even more exceptional?
The minerals and trace elements all have verified bioavailability and validity.
Produced using the patented Albion Process (the gold standard), all the amino acid chelates have low molecular weight which helps ensure exceptional tolerance and bioavailability.
It contains the complex calcium citrate malate which has been widely studied for its efficacy and excellent absorption.
Chromium and organic vanadium have also been included for their physiological activity, widely demonstrated in a number of metabolic and inflammatory problems such as type 2 diabetes and obesity.
It is also worth mentioning the addition of rare elements such as NADH, R-alpha-lipoic acid and PQQ. All three are part of SuperSmart’s extensive anti-aging range, of which the most popular supplement is probably Longevity Nutrients.
Finally, we should not forget the major advantages offered by the galenic formulation of Daily 2® Timed Release which enables the tablet’s content to be continually released over time. Whether taken on its own, or in combination with other products, Daily 2® has established itself as a ‘must-take’ nutritional supplement.
- Provides a synergy of essential organic substances
- Helps prevent cardiovascular diseases, cancers, and skin problems
Daily 3® is the most powerful and nutrient-rich formulation available in a single, three times-a-day capsule. Daily 3® contains significant levels of vitamins, essential minerals and other important nutrients and phytonutrients which together provide substantial, synergistic protection. Biologically active, the levels of nutrients in Daily 3® are higher than those provided by even the healthiest and most varied and balanced diet.
Daily 3 now contains 43 different nutrients
Taken every day, Daily 3® provides all the nutrients you need to maintain and improve your health - essential antioxidant vitamins and minerals, the most absorbable and scientifically-supported forms of chromium, selenium and zinc, the acetylated form of the amino acid cysteine to boost cellular levels of glutathione, the full spectrum of natural forms of vitamin E (alpha- and gamma-tocopherol, and tocotrienol), both forms of vitamin C (water- and fat-soluble), lutein and zeaxanthin essential for eye health, and a blend of standardised berry extracts to provide high levels of anthocyanins with added green tea extract and Bioperine®.
New Daily 3 is the first multivitamin to provide an active dose of pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ).
PQQ is a disodium salt of quinone obtained through fermentation. The prestigious journal Nature has identified it as a potential new B group vitamin. However, PQQ’s properties extend well beyond providing this essential nutrient:
PQQ is a redox cofactor with particularly high molecular stability which can carry out thousands of electron transfers before it breaks down. As a result, it has up to 5,000 times more antioxidant potency for neutralising superoxide and hydroxyl free radicals than vitamin C.
PQQ also promotes mitochondrial biogenesis. It activates the genes that control the reproduction of mitochondria, stimulating their generation even within ageing cells. As we grow older, our cells lose mitochondria, resulting in an energy deficit that is associated with the majority of degenerative diseases. PQQ is the only substance known to address this serious problem. For more information on this subject, see "Mitochondrial Formula":
Daily 3®enriched formula
Reflecting the latest scientific advances, Daily 3® has been reformulated to offer maximum daily protection to all the body’s cells with the addition of:
• Luteolin, a flavonoid pigment found widely in Nature (in celery, artichoke, parsley, thyme and propolis…) which has been the subject of over 2000 published studies highlighting its many benefits for brain health and longevity as well as its anti-cancer properties.It combats mitochondrial ageing, now acknowledged as a central part of the overall ageing process. Reductions in mitochondria lead to increased generation of free radicals and thus have a direct link with ageing. Some studies suggest that luteolin may combat mitochondrial ageing by activating production of cellular antioxidants, and may justifiably claim the title “anti-aging molecule”.
- It is also a powerful antioxidant - twice as effective in fact as vitamins C and E and seven other flavonoids at combatting oxidative damage to cell DNA, thus enabling DNA integrity to remain completely intact.
- With proven anti-cancer properties, it is believed to influence the initiation and promotion phases of carcinogenesis and improve the detoxification process. Pre-treatment with luteolin has been shown to greatly induce apoptosis in a number of human cell lines, including cancers of the colon and cervix and to inhibit cell proliferation, angiogenesis and metastases. It may also help to maintain healthy methylation and protect against cell-damaging DNA mutations which are thought to be a key factor in the development of cancer.
- Other studies have demonstrated its cognitive-protective properties (memory, cognition, motor function), through the restriction of inflammation and disruption to optimal function of healthy cells by interleukin 6 (IL-6)-type cytokines. In addition, it helps reduce levels of amyloid proteins by protecting mitochondria from free radical attack.
- Lastly, it counteracts various allergic processes through its power to inhibit mastocyte generation of histamine and other inflammatory substances.
Apigenin or apigenol, also a member of the flavone group, is abundant in celery seeds, parsley, fenugreek and tea, and in the Mediterranean diet. Shown to be an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, and in animal studies, to regulate blood sugar, apigenin has primarily been identified as particularly effective at making cancer cells uncharacteristically ‘mortal’. As demonstrated by Professor Andrea Doseff of the Comprehensive Cancer Center at Ohio State University, it somehow restores the normal profile of cancer cells, particularly those of breast cancer.
In addition to these two polyphenols, the new formulation contains two previously-included nutrients but in different forms.
• Quatrefolic® acid, or fourth generation folate, replaces folinic acid (calcium folinate). With better water-solubility, this form offers much greater bioavailability.
- It acts as a key coenzyme in a number of vital metabolic reactions: the transfer of one-carbon fragments, the biosynthesis of purine and pyrimidine bases as well as in the metabolism of several important amino acids.
- Together with vitamin B12, it ensures the conversion of homocysteine into methionine which is essential for healthy cardiovascular function.
- Conversion of tetrahydrofolic acid to 5-methyltetrahydrofolate in the body is mediated by the action of a particular enzyme. In individuals with a genetic defect, this conversion is limited, predisposing them to an increased risk of certain diseases. Supplementation with 5-methyltetrahydrofolate is therefore preferable to folic acid, since it is immediately available to react with homocysteine to avoid hyperhomocysteineaemia.
- Not only is quatrefolic® acid highly bioavailable for direct use by the body, but it is also a completely safe form that does not result in increased levels of unmetabolised folic acid, the long-term effects of which are as yet unknown.
For more information or to place an order go to: https://us.supersmart.com/en
Spring is here, and it is the perfect time to think about getting your skin looking gorgeous! After all, you will be showing a lot more skin as the weather gets warmer. As you know, beauty starts from within. NeoCell is a premium quality collagen-based supplement line that creates beauty supplements to nourish our skin, hair and nails from the inside out.
Here are my three favorite NeoCell products:
NeoCell’s award-winning Beauty Bursts – soft collagen chews that deliver beauty-enhancing nutrients like NeoCell Collagen, hyaluronic acid and vitamin C. You’ll swear you’re eating a treat, but this is a nutrient-packed supplement designed to help hair, skin and nails. I think they are delicious and so easy to take because they are as tasty as a fruity candy!
NeoCell Beauty Infusion is a powdered drink mix that delivers not only great taste but full day’s supply of essential beauty nutrients – NeoCell Collagen, hyaluronic acid, biotin, alpha lipoic acid and vitamin C. I enjoy mixing this powder into my bottled water, and giving it a shake to mix it. It is very refreshing and hydrating. I sip on it all throughout my day.
NeoCell Biotin Bursts - these delicious soft chews deliver 10,000 mcg if biotin in each chew – and a serving contains just 20 calories. They’re just the ticket to help hair, skin and nails. I love these delightful fruity chews! My hair has never been thicker and my nails are so strong!
Enter to win! One winner will receive each of the following NeoCell products (shown above): Beauty Infusion (Cranberry flavor), Beauty Bursts (Fruit Punch Flavor), and Biotin Bursts (Acai Berry) (ARV: $70)
How? It's easy! Just enter to win using the Giveaway Tools form below. Good luck!
For more information go to: http://www.neocell.com/
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review. All opinions are my own.
With Coachella only a few weeks away (April 15th), it’s never too early to start thinking about what you need to pack! Be sure to have these beauty necessities ready before you head to the desert – so you’ll be looking fresh, styled and festival ready all weekend long!
1. KORRES Pomegranate Cleansing & Make-Up Removing Wipes are perfect for quick cleansing on the go! They remove dirt, makeup, and oil from face and eyes. Great for all skin types especially oily and combination, each pre-saturated wipe eliminates impurities, tightens pores, and offers antioxidant protection ($15; Sephora.com ).
2. Relieve dry, irritated skin in an instant with Curél Itch Defense Instant Soothing Moisturizing Spray! Uniquely soothing, this formula delivers a mix of light yet potent hydrators — including a proprietary ceramide complex, allantoin and panthenol — to ease parched, itchy skin right where you need it. The Proprietary Cooling Complex feels soothing like a cold compress, lending you instant relief. ($8.99; Drug and mass merchants)
3. Keep your skin protected with Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Sunscreen for Face SPF 40. This SPF uses a new generation of mineral sunscreens for broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Our 100% Natural SPF 40 Face Cream uses a new generation of mineral sunscreens for broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Infused with youth-promoting antioxidants, botanicals and amino acids, this ultra sheer formula delivers daily protection and nourishment ($28; Lavanila.com ).
4. Ban Roll-On Deodorant covers up embarrassing sweat all day while you’re in the sun! Ban’s breakthrough technology specifically targets and virtually eliminates odor that other antiperspirant/deodorants may leave behind, providing an outstanding 24 hours of invisible protection against odor wetness! ($4.99, Drug and Mass Retailers)
5. Deep clean your face in just 60 seconds with the Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask Clean. This breakthrough thermal mask warms to open pores, melting away deep down impurities and grime, then rinses them away with an invigorating cooling sensation. Formulated with natural charcoal, this masks works in one minute to clear up 2.5x more dirt and oil than leading competitors for clean, tingly-smooth skin! ($7.99; Drug and Mass Merchant Stores)
6. Easily add a pop to your hair with Hairdo by HairUWear French Braid Band. Add a finishing touch with the Hairdo French Braid Band that's as much fashion accessory as it is hair accessory. Effortlessly chic, it attaches in an instant. What better way to add cachet? Use to hold your hair back for a classic look or hold your ponytail or bun in place with this braid band, just like you would use an elastic ($10; Ulta.com ).
7. Make sure sandal covered feet are ready for the desert thanks to Look Beauty! PediSpa Intensive Moisturizing Foot Mask noticeably smoothes, softens and repairs dry cracked, calloused feet and heels. With ingredients like Shea butter, apple extract and peppermint, these wearable socks significantly improve the look and feel of even the driest feet. ($9.99; Target in the Pharmacy Foot Care Aisle and Target.com) ($9.99; Amazon.com )
Disclaimer: I posted in exchange for product. Opinions are my own.
Whether you celebrate Valentine’s Day with a significant other, best gal or with some much-needed “me” time, there is no one better to show love to than yourself!
Give yourself the gift of great skin with the new KORRES Wild Rose Brightening Oil.
KORRES Wild Rose Vitamin C Brightening Oil is an ultra-concentrated vitamin C oil is rich in omega 3, 6, 9, fatty acids, and vitamins A and C. It provides significant antioxidant action while repairing the look of fine lines and wrinkles and improving skin's overall tone and texture
You can purchase KORRES Wild Rose Vitamin C Brightening Oil on Sephora.com
Disclaimer: I received samples to accompany this post. All opinions are my own.
This holiday season get your glow on with the benefits of Pomegranate!
Pomegranate's legendary health benefits date back over 5,000 years, spreading throughout the Far East, Mediterranean, India, Africa, China, Europe and the Americas. Scientific studies show pomegranate extract as one of the most active and superior antioxidants.
Collagen+C Pomegranate Liquid combines the antioxidant benefits of pomegranate with the beauty benefits of NeoCell collagen. The daily dose is just a tablespoon, which can be taken on its own or mixed with a glass of water, juice or your favorite herbal tea.
Pomegranate from the Seed is made from the juice extracted from the seeds, which contain the highest level of antioxidant capacity. A daily dose of two capsules delivers 1,000 mg of powerful pomegranate extract.
I have been taking two capsules each day of the Pomegranate from the Seed supplements, and a tablespoon each day of the Collagen+C Pomegranate Liquid.
I have been taking both for a little over a month now, but I noticed improvements to my health only a week after starting them. My skin is glowing and completely flawless lately. The fine lines I was worried about have faded.
I feel energetic and well balanced. One thing that definitely has improved (which I am completely shocked about) is my vision! Before I started the Pomegranate from the Seed supplements, my vision was getting so blurry that I knew I should go get it checked out. I couldn't see faces or road signs from about twenty feet away. I just knew I would need glasses.
But to my amazement, I noticed that my vision was getting better. For example, In church, where normally, when I sat in my usual place in the back, I couldn't see the hymn page numbers, but all of a sudden (well, after about a week after taking the NeoCell Pomegranate supplements) everything was clear! I could see the numbers as well as people's faces! There was nothing I was doing different except taking these supplements. What a miracle this is for me. I was dreading having to get glasses. I even cancelled my eye appointment!
If the anti-oxidants in these supplements are this powerful that they could heal my vision, then I am certain that there are additional health benefits going on inside of my body as well. Maybe reverse aging? You never know.
My skin glows and my vision has improved. What more could I ask for?
Win! One winner will receive a bottle of Collagen+C Pomegranate Liquid and Pomegranate from the Seed Supplements. (ARV: $47)
How? It's easy! Just enter to win using the Giveaway Tools form below. Good luck!
For more information go to: http://www.neocell.com/
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.
Mannatech, a global provider of skin care and wellness products, introduces its newest 3-step skin care system in the U.S. to provide a way for customers to experience their best skin yet with one set of products.
This trio works synergistically to support beautiful looking skin, at any age. All three Generation Ūth products combine the finest ingredients with the most advanced skin care technologies.
Crocus chrysanthus , a flower from the iris family, is a source of a special ingredient in Mannatech’s Ūth Skin Rejuvenation Crème. The nutrient-rich Crocus bulb extract may enhance the production of collagen and elastin necessary for skin firmness.
Start by gently cleansing and exfoliating the skin with the Ūth Facial Cleanser . Next, apply the nutrient-rich Ūth Skin Rejuvenation Crème to help restore a youthful appearance. Lastly, lock in daily hydration with the Ūth Moisturizer for a winning combination . It’s that simple!
"Discover how naturally beautiful your skin can look and feel"
My thoughts: I was given the chance to review this amazing trio of Generation Ūth products to review. I have been using these products for a little over a month now, and I have definitely seen an incredible difference in the way my skin looks and feels. I begin this skin care regimen by cleansing my face using the Ūth Facial Cleanser in the morning and at night. The cleanser makes my skin feeling extremely clean, especially with the gentle exfoliators it contains. I love how it removes all of my makeup, oil and dead skin cells that may clog my pores.
Next, I apply the Ūth Skin Rejuvenation Crème, which absorbs perfectly into my skin without a greasy, heavy feel. It truly diminishes my fine lines, which I especially notice around my mouth and between my brows. These lines really seem to vanish!
After the Rejuvenation Crème has fully absorbed, I then apply the Ūth Moisturizer, which completely seals in the moisture on my face, neck and upper chest/ cleavage area. This cream is also very light and absorbs very nicely so that I do not look like an oil slick. I am even able to apply my makeup over both of these face creams without my skin looking shiny. I am really impressed with Ūth products. I am very intrigued by the science behind this brand's formulation and I am excited to see the long term effect it has on my skin to keep me looking youthful. This is definitely a brand I will be purchasing in the future.
Learn more about Mannatech and the Generation Ūth 3-Step System by visiting Mannatech.com , and start seeing and feeling the difference!
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.
Were you aware that there is a superfruit that’s stealing the crown from acai, goji berries and pomegranates this year? Foods rich in vitamin C and antioxidants are essential for those seeking healthy, glowing skin. Baobab, known as the “Queen of Superfruits” is an African wild-harvested fruit that is naturally bursting with essential minerals and nutrients, as well as both antioxidants and vitamin c.
Baobab is the hot new superfood for those seeking a natural, simple way to achieve glowing skin with some added health benefits as well!
In case you’re unfamiliar, baobab is harvested from the African baobab tree. The pulp dries naturally inside pods on the tree and once harvested, the pulp is milled into powder, sieved and packaged – with absolutely nothing added! Baobab is available to consumers in raw fruit powder and BaoBites—bite-size fruit morsels that are made with the fruit powder, real fruit concentrates and pectin, and are perfect for adding some zing to snacking, baking, trail mixes and more. The superfruit has a light and subtly tangy flavor that blends perfectly with other fruit flavors, making it a nutrient-rich addition to yogurt, smoothies, oatmeal, sports drinks… The options are endless!
Baobab boasts an unparalleled nutritional profile, making it one of the most nutritious foods on earth and providing a delicious way to get beautiful skin from the inside out.
Beauty benefits include:
Promotes collagen production : high levels of vitamin c protect cells from oxidative stress and contribute to the formation of collagen and the regeneration of vitamin e, which protects and repairs the skin while reducing wrinkles and fine lines and providing a healthy glow.
Reduce the visible signs of aging : high polyphenol content and antioxidant levels (the highest of any fruit) help neutralize free radicals, naturally detoxifying and aiding in the prevention premature aging by retaining skin’s elasticity – keeping it strong and smooth.
I received a sample of the Baobab Fruit Powder to review.
Baobab’s tangy flavor tastes great in most in everything! The natural properties of our southern African Baobab are unique. This Baobab delivers 6 times the antioxidants found in baobab from other parts of the world. Baobab supports a healthy immune system and lowers inflammation throughout the body with its unique mix of fiber and antioxidants. Baobab Fruit Powder consists of more than 50% fiber by weight. The majority of this fiber is of the highly beneficial soluble variety.
My thoughts: I am really loving this product! So far, I have been enjoying it in my bottled water. I just add up to two Tbsps. and shake it up really good. Sometimes I freeze my water just enough to make it slushy and it is amazing! It is tangy and I think it tastes amazing. I feel like it is giving my skin a beautiful glow, and I have noticed that my energy levels have skyrocketed.
My well-being has really improved as well. I feel wonderful and healthy. The only thing I have been doing differently is drinking this Baobab mixture every day. I love it!
Disclaimer: I received a sample of this product to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.
Treat your hands to the loving softness they deserve while adding a touch of class and style to your countertop! Indulge yourself with Softsoap Liquid Handsoap Decor Collection.
Disclaimer: I received samples of this product to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.
Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post.
As I get older, I find myself getting more and more concerned about nutrition. Am I getting enough of the nutrients that my body requires? I know that I do not eat a fully balanced diet. For me, it is just too hard to keep track of that. As for vitamins and minerals, is every supplement the same? How do I know which vitamin supplement is the best on for me?
My questions have been answered. Thankfully, I have discovered Rainbow Light Nutritional Systems. I found it interesting to read about Rainbow Light. It opened my eyes and made me realize that the vitamins I was taking probably lacked some essentials that my body needs. I never seemed to have any energy, nor did I ever feel as well as I could have until I started taking the following supplements.
Women's One™ Multivitamins (taken from their website)
Women's One is the #1 selling natural women's multivitamin, with potent vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, superfoods and herbs to nourish, protect and support major systems of a woman's body, and promote natural energy, in just one tablet each day.*
Added calcium, magnesium and vitamin D3 support bone and breast health while specially blended herbs promote natural stress and hormone balance.* Live plant-source enzymes and probiotics (healthy bacteria) promote easy, gentle digestion without stomach upset.* Women's One™ is gluten-free, sugar-free, lactose-free, dairy-free, wheat free and yeast-free, and contains no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives or additives.
After taking Women's One Multivitamins, I feel that I can rest assured that my body is getting what it needs to perform at my best, and that I am covering all of my nutritional requirements. I also feel so much more energy than I have ever felt before. I truly feel much younger than I am. Plus there is zero aftertaste, which is something I have experienced with other multivitamins.
Omega Skin and Mood (taken from their website)
Omega Skin and Mood Today's environments are often rough on the skin and other body systems. Rainbow Light's Omega Skin & Mood™ delivers potent levels of pure Omega 3 fatty acids, along with research-based designer ingredients, that provide comprehensive nutritional support for a healthy heart, skin and a balanced mood.
The unique combination of DHA and EPA, along with astaxanthin, ResVinol-25™ and GLA, work to reduce the visible signs of aging, support heart health and normal inflammation response. This natural formula is encapsulated in 100% FishGel softgels that contain no beef or pork and are hexane free. It contains no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives and is gluten-free, sugar-free, lactose-free, dairy-free, wheat-free and yeast-free. When taken as directed, Omega Skin and Mood is formulated to reduce fine lines and support and maintain a healthy mood.
I really have felt that my skin has been softer. Now that I think about it, I have had zero blemishes, nor dry skin while I have been taking this supplement. I have been even-tempered and have not experienced any mood swings, either, and that is amazing! I must also add that there is no fishy aftertaste whatsoever and that is a plus.
About Rainbow Light (Taken from their website)
Rainbow Light was founded in 1981 in beautiful Santa Cruz, California by a team with a passion for providing healthynutritional supplements grounded in the power of nature. From the beginning, Rainbow Light has created natural supplements that make a difference in the health and well-being of our customers while promoting sustainable practices for planetary health and contributing to the fight against global malnutrition.
Disclaimer: I received samples of the products mentioned above. The opinions are my own.