A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
We’re getting closer to festival season, and it’s time to stock up on all of your favorite essentials! Whether you’re adding a pop of color with Streekers, a little volume with John Frieda, or going for the textured natural look with Sun Bum, hair perfection is a must! Also, check in with an expert on how to get the best brows ever in time for the festivities to begin!
Unlike other temporary hair colors like gels and sprays, Streekers hair color bonds to the hair, so you can brush your hair without dulling the color or flaking it off.
John Frieda Loose Curls
Get healthy, voluminous curls in an instant with 30 second heat-up and 11 digital heat settings with temperatures reaching 400°F/205°C.
Sun Bum Sea Salt Spray
Our Beach Formula Sea Spray protects hair from harsh elements while giving it extra body, waves, and texture for that beachy windswept look. Our lightweight formula enhances strand separation and definition, and instantly blocks out frizz-causing humidity. It'll give your hair just the right amount of volume with a matte finish hold.
Ask the Expert
Umbreen Sheikh, Founder of Wink Brow Bar
Q: What's the key to preventing your brows from looking fake? Is it choosing the right shade or having the right shape? Blending in the color?
A: “Go for a color that matches your brow color or is a shade lighter. Also when applying product “feather” the product in as opposed to “drawing” it in. Use very little product and build up so you can see the transformation and lastly practice!”
If you’re headed out this weekend or next to Coachella (I'm not, but I can always dream, can't I?) – I've got a few great beauty items you should definitely pick up to make looking good effortlessly easy. PLUS one of them makes for a pretty cool light up accessory when it gets dark!
Achieve Gigi Hadi Worthy Boho Waves
The Perfect Sunscreen to Toss in Your Bag
Australian Gold Sheer Coverage Lotion With Invisidry Technology($9.99, Ulta.com)
SPF 30 - Quick dry and water/sweat resistant
A Lip Gloss and Fun Festival LED Light
LIT NYC Lip Gloss ($7.50, CVS)
High tech LED lighted cap illuminates the lip and a convenient mirror on the bottle allows for precise application anytime, anywhere. Serious shine and sexy color in sheer and cream formulas can be worn alone or over any lip product. Available in 12 shades!
Disclaimer: I received product in exchange for this post.
With great music, good friends, and amazing vibes all you’ll want is quick + easy hair/beauty so your main focus can be enjoying the festival. With these Coachella must-haves, you’ll be ready to dive into a weekend of dancing in the sun.
Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Hyaluronic Essence, $24.99
A breakthrough skincare essential that takes your daily routine to the next level. The perfect way to layer on your skincare needs (SPF, PRIMER) for the next few days of festival heat.
Lumene Bright Now 360° Eye Treatment, $19.99
You might not get as much sleep as you’d like but it’s worth it. Get noticeably brighter looking eyes when you need it most.
Conair Copper Brushes
Conair’s new Copper Brush Set leaves your hair silky smooth and dried faster than you thought possible. Perfect for getting that easy breezy festival hair down right.
Aquis Lisse Luxe Hair Towel, $30.00
Lisse Luxe may sound like the name of an ‘exotic’ artiste. But she’s the perfect towel for normal hair. Lisse Luxe also excels at curly hair, fine hair, damaged hair and any hair that needs gentle treatment. New generation Aquitex improves absorbency and comfort. Wraps and tucks easily leaving hands free while hair dries. Dries fast with less friction, to minimize frizz and damage.
John Frieda Tools Hair Wavy Curls Curling Wand, $39.99
Get the perfect wave and let your hair be as carefree as the music.
Scunci Hair Tattoos, $4.99
Applied like a normal tattoo, they go on as easily as they come off. These tats show off your metallic shimmer for the perfect festival look.
Disclaimer: I received samples in exchange for this post.
With Coachella only a few weeks away (April 15th), it’s never too early to start thinking about what you need to pack! Be sure to have these beauty necessities ready before you head to the desert – so you’ll be looking fresh, styled and festival ready all weekend long!
1. KORRES Pomegranate Cleansing & Make-Up Removing Wipes are perfect for quick cleansing on the go! They remove dirt, makeup, and oil from face and eyes. Great for all skin types especially oily and combination, each pre-saturated wipe eliminates impurities, tightens pores, and offers antioxidant protection ($15; Sephora.com ).
2. Relieve dry, irritated skin in an instant with Curél Itch Defense Instant Soothing Moisturizing Spray! Uniquely soothing, this formula delivers a mix of light yet potent hydrators — including a proprietary ceramide complex, allantoin and panthenol — to ease parched, itchy skin right where you need it. The Proprietary Cooling Complex feels soothing like a cold compress, lending you instant relief. ($8.99; Drug and mass merchants)
3. Keep your skin protected with Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Sunscreen for Face SPF 40. This SPF uses a new generation of mineral sunscreens for broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Our 100% Natural SPF 40 Face Cream uses a new generation of mineral sunscreens for broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Infused with youth-promoting antioxidants, botanicals and amino acids, this ultra sheer formula delivers daily protection and nourishment ($28; Lavanila.com ).
4. Ban Roll-On Deodorant covers up embarrassing sweat all day while you’re in the sun! Ban’s breakthrough technology specifically targets and virtually eliminates odor that other antiperspirant/deodorants may leave behind, providing an outstanding 24 hours of invisible protection against odor wetness! ($4.99, Drug and Mass Retailers)
5. Deep clean your face in just 60 seconds with the Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask Clean. This breakthrough thermal mask warms to open pores, melting away deep down impurities and grime, then rinses them away with an invigorating cooling sensation. Formulated with natural charcoal, this masks works in one minute to clear up 2.5x more dirt and oil than leading competitors for clean, tingly-smooth skin! ($7.99; Drug and Mass Merchant Stores)
6. Easily add a pop to your hair with Hairdo by HairUWear French Braid Band. Add a finishing touch with the Hairdo French Braid Band that's as much fashion accessory as it is hair accessory. Effortlessly chic, it attaches in an instant. What better way to add cachet? Use to hold your hair back for a classic look or hold your ponytail or bun in place with this braid band, just like you would use an elastic ($10; Ulta.com ).
7. Make sure sandal covered feet are ready for the desert thanks to Look Beauty! PediSpa Intensive Moisturizing Foot Mask noticeably smoothes, softens and repairs dry cracked, calloused feet and heels. With ingredients like Shea butter, apple extract and peppermint, these wearable socks significantly improve the look and feel of even the driest feet. ($9.99; Target in the Pharmacy Foot Care Aisle and Target.com) ($9.99; Amazon.com )
Disclaimer: I posted in exchange for product. Opinions are my own.