A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Celebrity Hairstylist Gregory Russell styles Lily James for the 2018 Golden Globes Red Carpet
Lily James’ hair made a romantic statement last night for the 2018 Golden Globes.
Inspiration : Gregory was inspired by Lily’s statement-making, black Valentino gown to create a soft and graceful updo that compliments the ruffled neckline and low back.
- Starting with damp hair, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Full Hydration Leave-In Detangling Mist on the ends to nourish, detangle and prep the hair
- Then, apply a golf ball-sized amount of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse to the crown and to the root of the hair to help create lasting body
- Next, blow dry the hair with a large, round hairbrush to further add fullness. Once the hair is dry, use a flat iron to create a natural looking wave
- After waving the hair, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Refresh Dry Shampoo through the lengths of hair to add a soft texture
- Then, apply a pearl-sized amount of John Frieda Secret Weapon Touch-Up Crème through the ends of the hair to add shine and definition
- Leave a few wisps of hair out around the face and tie the rest of the hair low at the nape of the head. Split the ponytail in half and tie a knot fastening the ends loosely so it has a soft, romantic feeling
- Lastly, use John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray to lock in the style
- As a final touch, add a gold stone hair pin to the knot
Celebrity Hairstylist Chad Wood styles Vanessa Hudgens using John Frieda Hair Care for the 2018 Golden Globes InStyle Viewing Party
Last night, Vanessa Hudgens’ hair made a classic and trendy statement with a fringe bob - a hairstyle that’s already a top hair trend for 2018.
Inspiration: Chad was inspired by the ultimate French girl bob.
- Start by spraying John Frieda Frizz Ease 3-Day Straight Flat Iron Spray from the mid-shaft through the ends of the hair to help seal in a long-lasting straight, smooth style
- Next, lightly spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion to the roots to give the hair volume and hold
- Then, starting with the back sections, blow dry the hair smooth using a round brush
- Once the hair is completely dry, use a flat iron to give extra polish and shine
- Apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Crème on the ends and a small amount on the fringe to accomplish a lived-in look
- To finish, spray John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Hairspray
Gregory Russell styles Lily Collins for the Golden Globe Awards 2017
For the 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards, Lily Collins’ hair made a modern princess statement.
Inspiration: Gregory was inspired by Lily's beautiful beaded Zuhair Murad gown to create a voluminous textured updo with braided details
- To start, apply a golf ball sized amount of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse on the roots for lasting volume, and then another golf ball sized amount to the lengths of the hair for body
- Then, brush through and begin blowing the hair out with a multi-bristle brush and setting the “mohawk” section on velcro rollers securing each with a duckbill clip
- Once cooled, start curling hair with a 1.25" barrel, spraying each section with John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray before curling
- Then, curl the mohawk section away from the face and fasten each curl with a duckbill clip
- While the hair cools, spray the roots with the new John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Refresh Dry Shampoo to add lift and texture
- Next, remove the clips, brush out and section out 1" of the perimeter of the hair all the way around the head
- Add a pearl sized amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Creme to the remaining hair and secure it with a bungee hair tie at the crown of the head
- Then, work through the lengths to define and pin the curls up to create a voluminous messy bun
- Take selected pieces from the perimeter and pin back, leaving some wispy face framing pieces out
- Braid the remaining hair into a fishtail pulling it slightly apart for texture and shape. Fasten it around the bun with hair pins
- Finally, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray to lock in the style
Craig Gangi styles Anna Kendrick for the Golden Globe Awards 2017
On the Golden Globes red carpet, Anna Kendrick’s hair says polished elegance.
Inspiration: The Grecian Vionnet gown inspired Craig to give Anna a more polished, sleek look that would show off the one-shoulder silhouette
- To prep the hair for the sleek style, use the new John Frieda Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Shampoo and Conditioner
- Next, apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Creme on damp hair and then blowout the hair straight
- Use a rat-tail comb to create an extreme side-part and pull the hair behind the ears. For extra smoothness, flat iron the top of the hair from roots to mid-length
- Then, without sectioning off the hair, start wrapping the hair around a 2” curl barrel to create an elegant wave. Secure the look with John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray
- To prevent an flyaways and frizz, finish by applying John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Creme on the hands and combing through the hair
Make Your Statement
*Product en route, all opinions are my own.
Infusium is excited to celebrate this year’s Golden Globes with Julia Louis-Dreyfus AND Connie Britton, donning their next generation of Infusium products that transform hair heath with every use.
Renowned celebrity stylist, Matthew Monson (@matthewmonzon), worked his magic for Best Actress in a Comedy nominee, Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ effortlessly chic look, while Connie Britton’sgorgeous style was created by celebrity stylist, Enzo Angileri (@enzoangileri). Both stylists used Infusium to ensure these ladies hair stayed healthy during and even after their struts on the red-carpet.
See below for the “How To’s” from Matthew and Enzo, and the Infusium products they used:
“GET THE LOOK” FROM MATTHEW MONZON:
- For Julia Louis Dreyfus’ look tonight I wanted her hair to look soft, shiny and stunning.
- First, I washed and conditioned her hair with the Infusium Repair + Renew Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Next, to protect her hair from any damage, I sprayed Infusium Repair + Renew Leave-In Treatment from mid shaft through the ends combing through with a wide toothcomb.
- Then I took a quarter size amount of Infusium Repair + Renew Leave-In Crème emulsified in my hands, and worked through the last 3 inches of the hair to help eliminate frizz and flyaways.
- I started drying her hair using just my hands, and lifting her strands for texture and root volume. After it was half way dry, I incorporated a round brush to finish and create even more volume.
- To keep with Julia’s signature style, I created a strong center part with a tailcomb. Then separated her hair into large sections, and starting curling using a large barrel iron for a more tousled feeling.
- To finish the look, I used the Infusium Repair + Renew Smoothing Serum to smooth over the ends and give a bit more definition to the hair.
“GET THE LOOK” FROM ENZO ANGILERI:
- I wanted Connie’s style to look elegant, shiny and smooth.
- I started by washing and conditioning her hair with the Infusium Repair + Renew Shampoo and Conditioner.
- While her hair was still wet, I parted the hair down the middle and then sprayed Infusium Repair + Renew Leave-In Treatment to the ends of her hair.
- Then I sectioned her hair into about 20 sections and starting drying with a round brush. After, I pinned each section up like a roller and let it set for about 5 minutes for volume and natural wave. I took out the pins and brushed her hair so the waves would loosen.
- Starting from the back of the head, I used a 1.5 inch curling iron and began curling the hair to accentuate the soft waves.
- When finished, I lightly brushed it out again for that natural look. I applied the Infusium Repair + Renew Smoothing Serum at the top of her head, near her part to avoid fly aways.
PRODUCTS USED FROM INFUSIUM:
- Repair + Renew Shampoo
- Infused with Keratin and Argan Oil, this formula gently cleanses fragile strands.
- For busy women who've been unkind to their hair -- damaging it with daily heat styling, regular color processing and harsh environments.
- With every wash! For optimum sheen and smoothness, follow with Infusium™ Repair + Renew Conditioner, and Original Leave-in Treatment.
- Massage into wet hair, lather and rinse well.
Available in-stores at Target starting end of January
*Product en route. All opinions are my own.
Need new hairstyle ideas for Summertime? Look no further than your favorite TV show! So many hairstyle trends are inspired by popular television series characters:
- Game of Thrones and the braid craze
- Carrie Bradshaw and the curly bob
- And of course, The Rachel
The Original Hollywood haircare company, Alberto VO5, has created friendly and easy to create styles that match your favorite current character’s styles:
- The Outlander Half-Up Celtic Knot (Inspired by Claire from the hit TV show)
- The Magical Daenerys Targerayn Half-Up Braided Halo (courtesy of Game of Thrones)
- The Strong Cookie Top Knot (thanks to Empire)
- The Classic Serena Fishtail Braid (xoxo, Gossip Girl)
Below you will find the step-by-step guide on how to do each of these fun springtime hairstyles~with a bit of help from Alberto VO5!
Here is how to do the Celtic Knot
Here's how to do the Top Knot
And the Fishtail Braid (My favorite!)
Last but not least, the Braided Halo, So Pretty!
You can find VO5 products at your local grocery and variety stores
*Product sent in exchange for post. All opinions are my own.
Gorgeous hair is in the air! I wanted to share with you the breakdown on how got2b celebrity hairstylist, Larry Sims, created Megalyn Echikunwoke’s classic look for the Oscars and Sanaa Lathan’s gorgeous, sexy look for the Vanity Fair Oscar Party.
Megalyn Echikunwoke at the Oscars
How to Get the Look:
- Prep hair with got2b Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balm and flat iron for a smooth sleek texture
- Next, create a heavy side part over the left eye and spray with got2b Mess-merizing Texturizing Hairspray to create an undone modern texture
- Section hair at the crown and backcomb to add volume
- Then using your fingers, loosely gather into ponytail at the middle and secure random pieces with bobby pins to finish the look
Sanaa Lathan at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party
How to Get the Look:
- Prep hair with got2b Mind Blowing Quick Shape Mousse for gorgeous volume
- Next, blow out the hair with a round brush for volume and softness parting it in the middle
- Using a 1 ¼ inch iron, curl hair by section in different directions. Be sure the front section is curled away from the face
- Once the curls are set, flip hair over and use a blow dryed to add a lightly touseled texture and spray with got2b Mess-Merizing Texturizing Hairspray for an undone runway-esk look
- Finish with got2b Mind Blowing Fast Dry Hairspray to keep the style in place for the entire evening
got2b guardian angel flat iron balm
In a world where women battle with heat styling appliances daily, it’s reassuring to know that divine intervention is now available from göt2b guardian angel. Developed with heavenly hair in mind, göt2b unlocks the secret to superior heat protection plus advanced styling support. Each product is formulated with an innovative patented heat-activated polymer technology that delivers proven 425°F heat protection with a glossy finish.
got2b mess-merizing texturizing hairspray
The texturizing hairspray is the ultimate styling tool to achieve touchable textures with a causal natural finish. How to use: Hold 8-10 inches from hair. Spray over dry hair, tousling hair with your fingers to create desired style, then spray again on dry styled hair to hold finished style.
got2b mind blowing fast dry hairspray
IONIC+ Power andMicro-Diffuser Technology offers fast drying time and flexible hold so you can run your fingers through your hair to achieve the perfect blowout. Misty spray dries instantly.
got2b mind blowing quick shape mousse
Reduce blow dry time and increase styleability with IONIC+ System technology. Your hair is left voluminous, sleek, shiny and chic in a fraction of the time!
Got2b products are available at mass retailers near you!
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products in exchange for this post.
Summer time is here and the weather is getting warmer! If you have trendy teenage daughters with long hair like my girls, you might sometimes find it hard keep their tresses looking fashionable throughout this sizzling season. My daughters don't want to mess around with flat irons or curling irons!
The easiest thing for my girls to do is just put up their hair, wear it in a braid or add cute accessories, like the ones from Scünci . They have some adorable, cool and chic looks to choose from in their 2013 Trend Collection.
Scünci 2013 trend collection: Whether your style is natural and urban, romantic and retro, bohemian and eclectic, or bold and bright, scünci has got you covered. The new trend collection includes a variety of bejeweled and colorful bobby pins, hair bands, barrettes, hair ties, and claw clips. Available at drug and mass retailers for an average retail price of $2.99-$5.99.
- Wide Loose Knit Color Striped Headwrap
- 6-strand Fabric and Bead Mixed Strand Headwrap
- Pearl Ponytailer with Chains
- Mixed Pearl/Stone Fashion Bobby Slides and Snap Clips
- Faux Suede Bow Bobby Pins
- Large Jewel Headband
Scünci sent us a darling Large Jewel Headband from this collection, plus their amazing No-Slip Grip® Chunky Claw Clip and their No-Slip Grip® Mini Claw Clips.
Myelie is wearing a Large Jewels Headband from the Scünci 2013 Trend Collection
We also received samples of scünci No-Slip Grip® Clips which are clips designed to hold heavier hair, like mine and my daughters.
- No-Slip Grip Jaw Clip with Galaxy finish
- No-Slip Grip Circle Jaw Clip
- No-Slip Grip Textured Metal Jaw Clip
- No-Slip Grip Triangle Jaw Clip
- No-Slip Grip Infiniti Barrette
Disclaimer: I received samples of the products above to review and to keep. The opinions are my own.
Effortless Beauty Begins With Scunci.
Scunci has the trendiest fashion accessories for you to ring in the new year with. Wear them for everyday style or for special occassions.
My teenage daughters love Scunci. We were given the opportunity to review scünci® Ponytailer Bracelets, which are hair elastics that double as fashionable wristwear. What a great idea. Wear it as a bracelet, and when you need to put your hair up, look no further than your wrist! They have many chic styles to choose from.
We also received The new scünci® Knotted Ponytailers. My girls have long hair and often just pull it back. With Scruncie, you can be sure that you will always be in style!
These Knotted Ponytailers are so stylish and adorable!
While you can find an assortment of scünci hair accessories at stores nationwide, for every type of hair and style, including barrettes, hair bands, clips and more; here’s the latest from scünci:
- The new scünci® Knotted Ponytailers are available at CVS for approximately $4.99.
- The scünci® Ponytailer Bracelets can be purchased for approximately $3.99 and are available at Walmart and CVS stores.
Disclaimer: I received samples of the products above to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.