A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Despite the chilly air and weather that cannot seem to make up its mind, I just have to believe somehow that Spring is on its way! With sunnier days on the horizon, I really need to get focused on two very important tasks: Getting my body as well as my home in shape! I need to be thinking of Spring Cleaning!
A great place to begin my spring cleaning is my pantry, made easy due to wonderful tips for a pantry makeover from dietician Sharon Richter, spokesperson for Balance Bar.
"It’s time to clean up some of our bad eating habits and introducing some healthier habits – including healthy snacking!"
- Empty everything from the pantry. Take it all off the shelves. Make a mess, if necessary, and see what’s hiding in there.
- Throw away everything that has expired or has been open for a while. If you’re not going to use it, get rid of it.
- Organize your pantry by category. Snacks, nuts and dried fruit, cereals, oils/dressings, etc.
- Read. The. Labels. If it contains hydrogenated oil, high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) or MSG, it’s not a good idea to keep it.
- Keep portion controlled snack in the front, within reach, and at eye level. Be sure to stock up on Balance Bars.
Balance Bars are the perfect snack to give you the perfect amount of energy you need to sustain yourself between meals. They are delicious and my daughters and I love them! (Especially the Dark Chocolate Coconut~ Yum!)
#SpringIntoBalance Twitter Party – March 20, 2014
For more great ideas on how to Spring Clean your life – join the #SpringIntoBalance Twitter Party on Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 3 pm EST!
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.