A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
If you still have holiday shopping to do, why not cross a few gifts off your list by getting your loved ones something special from GourmetGiftBaskets.com! There is something for EVERYONE on your list! GourmetGiftBaskets.com is a family-owned, NH-based company celebrating its 15th birthday now. Below are a few new items they’re offering, plus a few classics. To see the hundreds of gifts they have on display, click here
Top 10 HOT ITEMS FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON 2017 (ALL $69.99 and UNDER)
- BRAND NEW: Pineapple Dried Fruit Platter,$49.99: How gorgeous is this gift? And healthy, too! Thirty ounces of top-of-the-line dried fruit is beautifully arranged on a pineapple-shaped bamboo cutting board. The dried fruit includes pineapple, cherries, plums, apricots, dates, plums, kiwi, pitted prunes and apple rings. In the 1700's, the pineapple was the ultimate symbol of hospitality. This modern version of the pineapple gift is sure to evoke similar feelings of warmth, community and camaraderie. Great hostess gift, too!
- BRAND NEW: A Must-Have For The Football-Loving Dad: NFL-Themed Popcorn Tins, $59.99:Tailgate in your family room with these attractive, branded tins reflecting the passion behind several top teams. Currently, GourmetGiftBaskets.com has very colorful, three-gallon tins for fans of nine different teams: New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks, New York Giants, Green Bay Packers and the New Orleans Saints. Some of the most popular flavors for men are included in each tin -- Kettle Corn, Cheesy Cheddar and Caramel Popcorn.
- BRAND NEW: Perfect for Baseball Fans! MLB Popcorn Tins, $59.99: Tins emblazoned with team-specific images are available for fans of the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, New York Mets, Detroit Tigers, Cleveland Indians, Chicago Cubs, LA Dodgers, San Francisco Giants, and the St. Louis Cardinals. Kettle Corn, Cheesy Cheddar and Caramel Popcorn are the featured flavors in these tins, as well.
- WANT SOMETHING REALLY CHRISTMASY? You can’t go wrong with this beautiful (and new) Christmas Classic,$69.99 or the Good Tidings Holiday Gift Basket,$59.99.
- BEER AFICIONADOS REJOICE: This Beer Bucket is the perfect collection of brews for you! Fall Seasonal Beer Bucket,$69.99.
- WANT SOMETHING THAT’ S CELEBRATORY BUT NOT RELIGIOUS? Say "Hello" to the Winter Wonderland Gift Basket,$59.99.
Top Foodie Gifts Under $50 -- Some are INDULGENT, Others are QUITE HEALTHY
- For People Who Just Love Baked Goods Like Cookies & Brownies -- Check these affordable gifts out! Let It Snow Cookie Box, $29.99, and its confectionery "cousin" the Let It Snow Brownie Gift Box, $29.99.
- Desserts Reincarnated As Popcorn -- Holiday Gourmet Popcorn Sampler, $34.99 -- This is a true WOW gift for the popcorn aficionado and the dessert lover on your list. It features handcrafted, fresh popcorn reflecting many past and modern holiday cookies and desserts. Flavors include: Gingerbread Spice, Dark Chocolate Peppermint, Eggnog, Cinnamon Bun, Anise Cookie, Dark Chocolate Orange, Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Caramel, and Milk Chocolate Drizzle.
- Holiday Dinner Popcorn Sampler, $34.99 -- Imagine 10 different gourmet popcorn flavors in a box designed to reflect everything on the table at a traditional, homemade holiday dinner: Turkey, Stuffing, Gravy, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Herb Roasted Vegetables, Buttered Corn on the Cob, Cranberry Sauce, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, and Strawberry Cheesecake. How cool would this be as a housewarming gift over the holidays?
- SUPER Healthy Holiday Offering -- Christmas Fruit Gift Basket, $39.99: If you have a friend or loved one who's dedicated to fitness and healthy eating above all else, this is a thoughtful and very budget-friendly gift. Wonderful orchard fruit picked at the height of freshness (plus a couple of fruity candies) make up this wonderful, refreshing Christmas basket. Also, this beauty is a favorite among women who want their men to be much healthier -- even at the holidays.
- Taste of Elegance Gift Tower,$39.99
- Christmas Ornaments Popcorn Tin, 2 Gal., $44.99
- Taste of Christmas -$44.99
- Let It Snow Snack Tin,$49.99
Enter to win! One winner will receive a GourmetGiftBasket.com gift basket of their choice up to a $70 value.
How? It's easy! Just fill out the Giveaway Tools form below. Good luck!
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
LoveCoups is a unique gift company that allows you to create personalized love coupons with your own characters. With LoveCoups, you can easily create fun and romantic love coupons that will bring you closer together as a couple. LoveCoups is the perfect Valentine's Day gift that can be enjoyed all year long!
It is so easy to create your LoveCoups book!
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of this product to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.
Looking for a unique and memorable way of telling that special person in your life how much you love them this Valentine's Day. Let them know just WHY you love them with a customized book from LoveBook that you can create that will be a gift your loved one will cherish forever.
My daughter, Kendallyn made her own LoveBook for her boyfriend of 3 years, Sammy, and it turned out really cute. It is very easy too! (See the steps below.)
All you have to do is sign up for an account on the website and you can start making your book right away. First, you have to decide if you want hardcover or paperback, choose the title you want for the cover, and then you get to choose the pages that will go in your book. They have an awesome selection of adorable pictures and messages to choose from. You simply click to add the ones you want, arrange the pages however you want, and then you’re done! The website automatically saves your work in your account when you’re ready to print. So easy and so much fun.
My daughter loved creating her book for Sammy. It is so much better and says so much more than just chocolates or flowers!
Win! One winner will receive a customized LoveBook (ARV: $34.95)
How? It's easy! Just enter to win using the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!
To learn more about LoveBook or to get started creating your own custom book go to: http://www.lovebookonline.com/
Disclaimer: I received a sample of this product to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.
ANDERSON DIGITAL PRESENTS
GARFIELD HOLIDAY COLLECTION
Available on DVD on November 4, 2014
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Years from my family to yours!
Life has been so busy with this wonderful holiday season and it is not over yet! I have had almost zero time to work on my blog. My birthday (we won't say which one) was on the 23rd. My husband took me out to Red Lobster, which was very nice. He hates seafood so it was a compromise. He did eat fish and chips and I ordered a seafood trio. After the bread and salad, however, I was much too full to eat another bite, so I ended up taking my entire meal home, go figure. I never did end up eating it later. Later that evening my husband and I actually finished out Christmas shopping, much later than I even thought I would. (I started Christmas shopping in October!) Life has just been a whirlwind of holiday chaos!
On my way to birthday dinner!
Christmas Eve. started out very sad for me and my children. My father-in-law is losing his battle with oral cancer. We went over to my in-laws earlier in the day to help them clean up and prepare for Christmas day dinner. I just could not stop crying seeing this precious man who was once a huge, tough invincible guy turn into a fragile, weakened shell of himself as this horrific cancer robs him of everything. He cannot speak, eat or even communicate any more. The hospice tells us he only has days left. My husband is losing his Daddy and my children are losing their Grandpa.
My sister and her six children came up from Idaho the day before Christmas Eve. and we had a wonderful Christmas Eve. dinner with her and her kids at my parents home. My youngest brother, Shaun and his wife and new baby boy were visiting from Rexburg. There was lots of family there. I love my family so much! My little Braxton adores his cousins and so that had an absolute blast together. After dinner, there came a knock at the door and in walked Santa Claus! The children (as well as the adults) were so excited! He knew each child by name and had a special gift for each child. It totally made my night, it was so magical to see the joy on each child's face!
After Santa left, we all opened some gifts from my sweet parents. As usual there were heaps of wrapping paper and bows everywhere, but oh, so much joy!
Cassidy and baby Wesley on his first Christmas.
Look what Jonathan got!!! (Just kidding! That is Braxton's Darth Vader.)
My handsome husband is getting lots of help opening his present from baby Wesley.
Of course, Christmas Eve. would not be complete without the manger scene! Uncle Shaun is reading the Nativity Story. This year we have a real baby Jesus! Braxton is playing Joseph.
Later that night, after we finally got Braxton to bed (at our house) Santa worked tirelessly to get everything ready for Christmas morning! At last, Christmas morning came. Braxton must have been a very good boy this year, because he got a new electric guitar and amp!
After we opened all of our presents at our house that morning, we headed off to Grandma and Grandpa Newton's for a bittersweet Christmas. Very sad that it will likely be Grandpa's last Christmas, but joyous because everyone was together.
On our way to Grandpa and Grandma Newton's!
Kendallyn and sweet Grandpa Newton......we love this man!!!
Braxton amongst the Christmas mess!
Grandpa, Kendi and me..................................
Ever since Christmas, we have been busy, busy, busy visiting with Grandpa and Grandma Newton, doing some after Christmas shopping so that my kids could go spend their gift cards. (At the mall the day after Christmas.....................NEVER AGAIN!) My sister and I took our kiddos to SkateWorld on the 27th. My sister, Kim (who owns Shopwithmemama.com ) came into town with her adorable kids for a visit. It was so precious to have seven children ages 8 and under running around having such a blast! (Plus five teenagers.) We had so much fun together. I love my family so much!
My family will be spending New Year's Eve. at my parents home once again with my mom and dad, my brother Scott, my sister, Jen and her six kids. Sweet Jen will be leaving New Year's Day with her family and I will miss them sooooo much! That about wraps up my holiday celebrations and I am looking forward to a prosperous and wonderful New Year 2014!!!! I wish all of you a very happy and safe New Year!!!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! My Christmas was perfect. December 23rd is my birthday, so my husband took me out to dinner at Red Robin's and a movie. I loved the dinner, although my true choice would have been seafood, but my husband hates that kind of stuff so I compromised. Red Robin is great, too. I always have their BLTA (bacon, lettuce, turkey, avocado) croissant with sweet potatoe fries. The movie we saw was "Guilt Trip." It was a very montonous and boring movie, but I loved that time spent with my husband so it was okay.
My birthday gift....NOT wrapped in Christmas wrapping, yay!!!!
The next night, Christmas Eve, I thought I would make my family a treat, bread pudding. I LOVE it. Turns out nobody else does, and I know my recipe did turn out wonderful. it's just that there were maybe only three or four scoops taken from my fancy dish and nobody asked for seconds, and not many asked for firsts. Well, okay. Next year I will bring the green bean casserole, whatever. We had dinner at my parents' home with my parents, two brothers, sister-in-law, my family and my son's girlfriend and my daughter's boyfriend. Lots of fun!
Christmas Eve dinner at my folks
Then we went back home, and tried to get Braxton settled so that Santa Claus could get busy. That took an hour and a half. Braxton just would not nod off! He kept hearing noises. "Santa?" He would yell. Anyways, he finally drifted off in our bed at about 12:30am. Christmas morning came at 7:00am. Big brother, Jonathan came to get us all up. Braxton was hard to awaken, but when he did, he was rather pleased with what Santa brought.
Braxton and his new drum set from Santa.
Santa Claus was also good to Daddy this year, as well!My husband's lovin' Santa right now!
After we enjoyed a blissful Christmas morning at our house, we went to my in-laws house to celebrate with them. They have a HUGE Christmas tree!Kendallyn standing by Grandma and Grandpa's enormous Christmas tree.
Santa had left a little something there for Braxton, too! A big boy bike! Braxton must have been extra, extra good this year!Wow! Braxton's new bike!
We had a very nice Christmas Day dinner with my in-laws and Brother-in-law and nephew. It was all a very lovely and memorable Christmas Day. I hope and pray that every one of my readers has a blessed holiday and a happy new year!
What goose? Normally it is me, but I am actually getting thinner. Christmas is, however, coming way too quickly for me. I did start Christmas shopping months and months ago, but the finishing touches cannot be completing until Friday, December 23rd. I am up to my eyeballs in stress, and Christmas is supposed to be a peaceful time. If only, if only I had everything done then I would be relaxed and able to enjoy this blessed time of year. I have much to be thankful for. My family is healthy and alive and everyone is doing well.
My little boy, Braxton actually sat on Santa's lap for the first time in his entire life. (He is five years old.) I hope to get pictures up soon of that miraculous event. Unfortunately, he asked Santa for a Wii and an Xbox 360, so I hope he isn't too disappointed when that does not happen.
My 41st birthday comes this Friday, and damn, it sucks getting old! Anyway, I will celebrate that day shopping my butt off all by myself. I don't really want my husband to join me, because he will not let me spend anything, and he will keep reminding me of all the bills that need to be paid. Screw bills!!!! This is Christmas! Yes, it is the season of Jesus Christ's birth, but my parents always gave me and my 6 siblings a fun and magical Christmas and I will NOT spoil that for my children. Christmas is for kids! It isn't like my kiddos are getting anything frivolous for Christmas. They are actually getting clothing and items they NEED. I just hope nobody chooses that day to bomb the mall I am shopping at. (I do get paranoid and scared of that.)
My husband is out of town until Thursday night for work. I am blessed that we at least have money. I cannot wait until I make my own money, but alas, I cannot work outside the home until Braxton is in Kindergarten. And of course, I will be saving up for a boob job and a trip to Hawaii with my family:)
And on a very sad note, just to let you know, my kids lost a friend and a classmate on Sunday night, December 18th. I never knew this sweet girl. She died in a car accident on a curvy country road. She lost control of her car. She was not wearing her seat belt, and I wonder if that could have saved her life? Oh the what ifs. Anyway, that poor family will never, ever look at Christmas the same way. I was so devastated for that family. I took my children to the viewing of Katie, and I am not kidding.... seeing that beautiful young lady lying there, looking so peaceful as if she was just sleeping was so unreal. My kids had never witnessed one of their peers laying there lifeless. It was an eye opener for us all. I touched her sweet cheek and held her precious hand, the hand that was to be wearing the promise ring her boyfriend had just given her. Porr sweet girl. Her poor sweet family. I am so sad.
Anyway, it just makes everything else seem so unimportant except for LOVE.
Hold on, Christmas! I am not ready for you! Next pay day is on Christmas Eve and I am not done shopping at all. This wasn't the way I planned things. Tomorrow I turn 40, and that doesn't help me feel any better. Where did my youth go? It sure went quickly. I wish I had the Christmas spirit this year, but it has been nearly impossible to feel it. If I didn't have to worry about all of the shopping and lack of funds I would be free to focus on what really matters, but that isn't going to happen this year. My four year-old, Braxton has been such a little devil lately. Bribing him with "Santa's watching you" gets me nowhere. He screams, cusses, spits and tears apart the house all day. He is driving me utterly crazy. Any time I try to get onto the internet, Braxton is sure to get into some kind of mischief to ensure that I get right off. (Therefore, I haven't been able to update my blog as often as I like.) Oh, well! I hope everyone else has a very Merry Christmas!