A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Joey Healy is a prominent eyebrow stylist, professional makeup artist known for his skill for creating the perfect eyebrow arch. Joey launched his eyebrow styling division in late 2009 and The Joey Healy Eyebrow Collection in 2011. The result, a chic way for men and women to tame and maintain exquisite eyebrows.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. The opinions are my own.
The Joey Healy Collection introduces their Elite Sculpting Tweezer. Flawless eyebrow sculpting relies on total precision. With The Joey Healy Collection Elite Sculpting Tweezer you'll never miss a hair again. Crafted from pro-performance stainless steel, the elongated, angled tips ensure complete accuracy and unmatched control. For protection and portability, the Elite Sculpting Tweezer is conveniently packaged in a clear cylindrical case. Whether designing a new shape or simply “cleaning-up” between professional visits, the Elite Sculpting Tweezer will be a staple piece in your eyebrow wardrobe.
Joey Healy's Tips for Tweezing:
- Always tweeze in good light, daylight is ideal
- Pull or pin back hair when shaping eyebrows
- Never use a magnifying mirror when tweezing, you will lose perspective
- Hold skin taut and make quick pulls in direction of hair growth
- Start with obvious strays and proceed inward towards the main part of the shape
- Only tweeze one hair at a time
- It’s best to go back and forth between brows instead of doing one at a time- perfect symmetry is better ensured
- Step back from the mirror and assess your work every 30 seconds to ensure you are on track
- Flip the Elite Sculpting Tweezer and use it on its tip to get the shortest brow hairs
- Between uses, make sure to keep the Elite Sculpting Tweezer covered with the protective rubber cap to keep them their sharpest
My Experience: I have certainly had my fair share of 'eyebrow oopsies' in my lifetime. I admit, I did go through that faze of tweezing my brows until they were pretty thin. That was so ugly! I am thankful that my eyebrows have grown back and that they are decent. Now I just try to keep them groomed and shaped. There was a time when I thought that 'any tweezers would do.' I learned quickly that that is definitely not the case. Cheap tweezers will not grip the hair and you will spend a lot of time and perhaps become pretty frustrated trying to grasp those tiny stubborn hairs. It can even be painful when you attempt to pluck your brows with cheap, dull tweezers because you will spend more time pulling the hairs. With The Joey Healy Collection Elite Sculpting Tweezer, I have found that eyebrow grooming is a totally different and even pleasant experience because they get the job done quickly, conveniently and painlessly. My teenage daughters also use them and are learning to be quite effecient at grooming their brows at a young age.
Here is a picture of my daughter Kendallyn (posing with my little Braxton) See how well she grooms her brows? She has learned a lot thanks to The Joey Healy Collection Elite Sculpting Tweezer.
To learn more about The Joey Healy Collection Elite Sculpting Tweezer or to place an order go to: http://joeyhealy.com
Disclaimer: I received a sample of this products to review and to keep. The opinions are my own.