A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Join Celebrity Chef George Duran on a Quest for the Perfect Cheeseburger
Enter the Jarlsberg Sizzling Summer Burger Contest to Win Big
Contest Runs from July 2nd to August 27th
Jarlsberg® Cheese famous worldwide for its nutty, mild and sweet flavor launches a global recipe global contest starring two best friends: burgers and cheese. Cheese fans and all foodies can enter the Jarlsberg Sizzling Summer Burger contest from July 2nd to August 27th athttps://www.facebook.com/jarlsberg. Entrants will have the chance to win exclusive Jarlsberg® Grill Kits every week and the grand prize is a Big Green Egg Grill, so that winners can re-create their favorite Jarlsberg® burgers, just in time for Labor Day weekend!
The program also offers some great new burger ideas from Celebrity Chef George Duran. Duran, the Venezuelan born American chef, is well known for hosting cooking programs on TLC and Food Network and his appearances on numerous TV shows. He has created four distinctly different Jarlsberg® burger recipes, including one vegetarian burger and one burger with grilled pineapple slices in place of burger buns.
Each of Chef Duran’s four burger recipes offer a summer story and their own film:The Marvelous Meltdown (Jarlsberg® Fondue Burger), Melted Maui Madness(Pineapple Bun Jarlsberg®Burger), The Viva La Quinoa (Quinoa and Red Lentil with Jarlsberg®), and The Brooklyn Bacon Bonanza (Bacon Burger Stuffed with Jarlsberg®). The burgers are placed in different settings, and the ambience is quintessentially New York: three of the four burger shorts are filmed in a Williamsburg brownstone, and the fourth on a rooftop in Queens with the Manhattan skyline as a backdrop.
“As summer heats up around the world, we wanted to share some creative and luscious ways to enjoy burgers made with Jarlsberg® Cheese,” said Valerie Liu, Marketing Manager. “Chef George Duran elevates burgers in brand new melted and magical creations. You won’t want to stop at just one!”
Enjoy these creative, fun summer BBQ recipes from Jarlsberg® and Chef George Duran. To see all of the Summer Global Jarlsberg® Burgers, visit https://www.facebook.com/jarlsberg
The Marvelous Melt-down – Fondue Burger
For the burgers:
1 tbsp. panko-style breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. heavy cream
1 1/2 lb minced beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. salt
1/4 tbsp. black pepper
4 sesame burger buns
Red pepper flakes (optional)
For the Jarlsberg® fondue sauce:
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp flour
1 C. of whole milk
1 1/2 C. of grated Jarlsberg® cheese
1. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and heavy cream until absorbed ( about 3 – 4 minutes)
2. In a large bowl, mix the beef with the garlic and breadcrumb mixture until combined. Season with salt and pepper and form 4 large burgers. Make a large indentation in the middle of each burger and preheat your grill.
3. In the meantime, make the Jarlsberg® cheese fondue sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan and whisking in the flour. Whisk over a medium heat until browned. Slowly whisk in the milk and allow to thicken (about 3 – 4 minutes). Add the grated Jarlsberg® and whisk until smooth. Keep some cheese aside.
4. Grill each burger as desired, spread butter inside the buns and toast lightly. Arrange lettuce on the bottom half of the bun, followed by the burger. Then pour fondue sauce on top of the burger. Add the other half of the bun and pour more fondue sauce over the top.
5. Garnish with scallions and red pepper flakes.
Makes 4 burgers
Melted Maui Madness
1 1/2 lb. minced beef
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp. kosher salt
4 thick pineapple rings
4 red bell pepper rings
4 slices Jarlsberg® cheese
Thinly-sliced red onions
8 slices of cooked bacon (optional)
Lettuce and tomato
1. Pre-heat your grill.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the beef with the tomato paste, teriyaki sauce and salt.
Form 4 equal-sized burger patties.
3. Spray the grill with non-stick spray and grill the pineapple rings evenly on both sides.
Set aside and grill the peppers and burgers as desired. Top the burgers with Jarlsberg® cheese and allow to melt slightly.
4. Assemble your burgers using the pineapple rings in place of a bun and top with the
burger, cheese, peppers, red onion slices, bacon, lettuce and tomato slices.
Makes 4 burgers
About Jarlsberg® Cheese:
In 1956, we created Jarlsberg® Cheese, using an original Norwegian recipe. Why does Jarlsberg® cheese taste so mild, nutty and delicious? It’s all part of the legend…and Norway’s most guarded recipe! For more information go to www.jarlsberg.com
About Norseland, Inc.
Norseland, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of TINE SA (a cooperative of more than 13,000 dairy farmers in Norway and its largest producer, distributor and exporter of dairy products) is the exclusive importer, sales, marketing and distribution agent for Jarlsberg® cheese, Snøfrisk®, TINE Brunost Collection™, Ilchester®, García Baquero, Lotito®, Gabriella®, Parmissimo®, Old Amsterdam®, Igor and Couturier®. Headquartered in Darien, Connecticut, Norseland has national distribution across supermarkets, mass merchants, club stores, food service and convenience stores.