A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Treat your skin and your sweet tooth for National Ice Cream Day (July 19th)! We’ve got you covered from head to toe with these beauty care essentials so you’re left feeling cool, refreshed and satisfied. All you need to decide is: vanilla or chocolate? Just don’t forget to add whipped cream!
Smell as sweet as your treat with a spritz of Lavanila Fragrance in Vanilla Coconut.This exotic blend of young creamy coconut, sweet Tahitian tiare flower and warm Madagascar vanilla instantly transports you to paradise. A carefree and tropical escape awaits ($58; Lavanila.com)
Cool down and fight blemishes before they start with Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser.This refreshing liquid cleanser targets and removes dirt and oil that can cause blemishes, leaving you with clear skin. The deep, yet gentle cleanser invigorates and cools as it removes over 99% of dirt and oil. ($6.99; Drugstores and Mass Retailers).
Let your heels indulge in Curel Foot Therapy. This targeted cream contains highly emollient ingredients like shea butter, rich coconut milk, and naturally healing vitamin E that works to smooth and soften dry cracked skin in just two uses. It absorbs quickly and significantly improves the look and feel of dry feet and cracked heels. ($5.99; Drugstores and Mass Retailers).
Top off your look with a bun while protecting the scalp with Nios Whipped Hair Gel. SPF 15 protection from super-powered ingredients like Moroccan Argan Oil, Vitamin E and Vitamin B5 keep your scalp healthy and vibrant. The medium-firm hold of the Whipped Hair Gel creates a clean-cut, yet touchable look as it protects the hair follicle, hair shaft and scalp from summer elements ($26; NiosShield.com).
Disclaimer: I will be sent product in exchange for this post.
Golden Globes Sleek & Pulled Back - Gel is Back
The beautiful Kelly Osbourne, Drew Barrymore, Hayden Panettiere and our recent celebrity crush Allison Williams all looked flawless with dewy skin and a touch of gel at this year's Golden Globes.
Hairstylist and beauty expert, Stephanie Flor dishes secret insider tips on how to achieve these different looks.
How to get the look
Pulled back Pony:
Emma Roberts and Sandra Bullock
- Using a comb, create a side part. *Insider Secret* begin the part above the end of your eye to create balance.
- Apply a dime size amount of L.A. Looks Polish Perfect
hair gelto the front of your hair, giving it the shine of a serum and the hold of a gel
- Next, comb back your hair into a ponytail
- You can try a side pony or straight back like Emma Roberts. You want to make sure you get all the knots by using a comb at the front of the forehead with gel
- Using some hair tools you can straighten the rest of the hair or curl it like Sandra Bullock did. You can also create a side bun by grabbing some bobby pins and pin the hair into the ponytail like Emma Watson. (You want the look to be a little messy so make sure you curl the ends and then pin them up.)
Gel Side Part
Drew Barrymore, Allison Williams, Kelly Osbourne, Lena Dunham
It’s important to choose a good gel depending on the hair look you want. Gels come in all different hold strengths from light to strong.
If you want the
- Create a side part and comb your hair so its knot free.
- Pin hair into sections. Using a small amount of L.A. Looks Wet Look gel, coat each section and comb from root to end.
- For all day shine, let it dry naturally For a matte look (like Elizabeth Moss), use a blow dryer.
If you want the look of Drew Barrymore and Allison Williams
- Apply L.A. Looks Mega Hold hair gel onto the palm of your hand and apply only to the front of your hair.
- Leave the back untouched so it flows naturally or style as desired.
- Don’t forget to use Zero Frizz to prevent flyaways so the look is focused on the touch of gel and not untamed frizzy hair. *Golden Globes touch- put the gelled side part behind your ear.
My Experience: I received a sample of La Bella Freeze and hold styling gel to review.
La Bella Freeze and Hold styling gel
- All day hold and shine
- Controls frizz
- Humidity resistant
My Experience: I absolutely love La Bella Freeze and hold styling gel because it holds my hairstyles perfectly and does not flake. It is also the perfect styling gel for fixing my little boy's hair into his favorite mohawk! It is never stiff or sticky.
Here is Braxton sporting his favorite hairdo. (He did not attend the Golden Globes, however.)
You can purchase these products at Walgreens.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.
You can achieve that perfect hairstyle for back-to-school, or just to look stunning for any special occassion with TIGI hair care and hair styling products. I have two daughters who are headed back to school in a couple of weeks. They have long hair which can be a pain to style without the right hair styling products. My girls have naturally curly/wavy hair that they will sometimes wear naturally, and sometimes wear straight. As a mother with long hair, I also count on TIGI to help me look my best, especially when I do not have a long of time to fix my hair in the mornings.We have been relying on TIGI hair styling products to get our hair looking gorgeous.
For the curly hair look my girls will wash their hair, and while it is still damp, they apply Curlesque Strong Mousse from TIGI Curlesque Collection. This wonderful mousse really helps the hair to hold the curls, whether you enhance with the use of a curling iron, or just wear it naturally.
Disclaimer: I received samples of the products mentioned above to review and to keep. The opinions are my own.