A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Although we tend to think of it as a summertime problem, dropping temperatures and drier conditions during the cold winter months leave our skin dull and dehydrated. This means changing up a few things in your skincare regime, Jergens and Curel offer ultra-nourishing and intensely hydrating options to keep your skin feeling smooth and looking healthy all season long:
1. Exfoliate This season, exfoliating is a crucial, non-negotiable step in your morning shower routine. Using a delicate but effective sugar scrub like the Josie Maran Argan Sugar Balm Body Scrub exfoliates and removes dead skin cells, allowing moisturizers to be more effective as they penetrate deeper into the skin. Plus, this soothing scrub is formulated with shea butter, argan and coconut oil so it nourishes the skin while it exfoliates!
PRODUCT RECO: Josie Maran Argan Sugar Balm Body Scrub
When it comes to hydration, a high-quality moisturizer is a must-have. Jergens Shea Butter Wet Skin Moisturizer is applied to wet skin right after showering, maximizing hydration when skin is most receptive to moisture. The water activated formula absorbs right away as vitamin-rich shea oil leaves you feeling smooth and soft - and without the heaviness and greasy residue of a traditional lotion. Have you ever tried an in-shower moisturizer? There is seriously nothing like it! My skin has never retained moisture as well as it does after using this product! I love it!
PRODUCT RECO: Jergens® Shea Butter Wet Skin™ Moisturizer
Sometimes, slathering on moisturizer once a day simply isn't enough, and that especially applies for people who deal with dry, flaky skin. Think of Curel Rough Skin Rescue Smoothing Lotion as your go-to hydration boost, and apply as needed throughout the day. Made with skin-soothing ingredients like olive oil, this hard-working formula aids in your skin's natural exfoliating process, and then delivers much-needed hydration, restoring the moisture barrier to prevent dry skin in the future.
PRODUCT RECO: Curel Rough Skin Rescue Smoothing Lotion
Curél is my FAVORITE Winter skin moisturizer!
Everyone knows that dry, itchy skin is especially unbearable during the winter months - and dealing with thick and greasy residues from traditional lotion is almost worse. Now with the Curél Hydra Therapy Itch Defense Wet Skin Moisturizer you can get a boost of hydration in half the time.
Designed to be applied in the shower, during your skin's peak moisture moment, this water-activated formula penetrates deep into the skin, providing all-day moisture. It has zero drying time, absorbing right into the skin and leaving it feeling soft, smooth, and seriously hydrated.
Here are some other moisturizing must-haves to keep in your beauty arsenal for your out-of-shower needs:
Think of Curel Rough Skin Rescue Smoothing Lotion as your go-to hydration boost, and apply as needed throughout the day. Made with skin-soothing ingredients like olive oil, this hard-working formula aids in your skin's natural exfoliating process, and then delivers much-needed hydration, restoring the moisture barrier to prevent dry skin in the future.
Combat serious skin conditions - like eczema - as this calming lotion relieves and soothes, restoring the skin's natural ceramide levels with Advanced Ceramide Complex. This unique formula re-balances cellular turnover, moisture levels, and pH levels, making dry, itchy skin a thing of the past.
Where to Buy: Select food, drug and mass merchant stores nation-wide
With Coachella only a few weeks away (April 15th), it’s never too early to start thinking about what you need to pack! Be sure to have these beauty necessities ready before you head to the desert – so you’ll be looking fresh, styled and festival ready all weekend long!
1. KORRES Pomegranate Cleansing & Make-Up Removing Wipes are perfect for quick cleansing on the go! They remove dirt, makeup, and oil from face and eyes. Great for all skin types especially oily and combination, each pre-saturated wipe eliminates impurities, tightens pores, and offers antioxidant protection ($15; Sephora.com ).
2. Relieve dry, irritated skin in an instant with Curél Itch Defense Instant Soothing Moisturizing Spray! Uniquely soothing, this formula delivers a mix of light yet potent hydrators — including a proprietary ceramide complex, allantoin and panthenol — to ease parched, itchy skin right where you need it. The Proprietary Cooling Complex feels soothing like a cold compress, lending you instant relief. ($8.99; Drug and mass merchants)
3. Keep your skin protected with Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Sunscreen for Face SPF 40. This SPF uses a new generation of mineral sunscreens for broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Our 100% Natural SPF 40 Face Cream uses a new generation of mineral sunscreens for broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Infused with youth-promoting antioxidants, botanicals and amino acids, this ultra sheer formula delivers daily protection and nourishment ($28; Lavanila.com ).
4. Ban Roll-On Deodorant covers up embarrassing sweat all day while you’re in the sun! Ban’s breakthrough technology specifically targets and virtually eliminates odor that other antiperspirant/deodorants may leave behind, providing an outstanding 24 hours of invisible protection against odor wetness! ($4.99, Drug and Mass Retailers)
5. Deep clean your face in just 60 seconds with the Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask Clean. This breakthrough thermal mask warms to open pores, melting away deep down impurities and grime, then rinses them away with an invigorating cooling sensation. Formulated with natural charcoal, this masks works in one minute to clear up 2.5x more dirt and oil than leading competitors for clean, tingly-smooth skin! ($7.99; Drug and Mass Merchant Stores)
6. Easily add a pop to your hair with Hairdo by HairUWear French Braid Band. Add a finishing touch with the Hairdo French Braid Band that's as much fashion accessory as it is hair accessory. Effortlessly chic, it attaches in an instant. What better way to add cachet? Use to hold your hair back for a classic look or hold your ponytail or bun in place with this braid band, just like you would use an elastic ($10; Ulta.com ).
7. Make sure sandal covered feet are ready for the desert thanks to Look Beauty! PediSpa Intensive Moisturizing Foot Mask noticeably smoothes, softens and repairs dry cracked, calloused feet and heels. With ingredients like Shea butter, apple extract and peppermint, these wearable socks significantly improve the look and feel of even the driest feet. ($9.99; Target in the Pharmacy Foot Care Aisle and Target.com) ($9.99; Amazon.com )
Disclaimer: I posted in exchange for product. Opinions are my own.
Spring Break Beauty Survival Kit
Spring Break plans right around the corner? Pack up your bags and get ready to head out with the ultimate beauty survival kit! We’ve got you covered from head to toe (and everything in between) with the warm weather essentials you need for skin that’s soft, smooth and glowing all vacation long!
1) KORRES Yoghurt Nourishing Fluid Veil Face Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30: Have fun in the sun with this ultra-sheer yet nourishing fluid that provides daily broad-spectrum UV coverage while wearing beautifully under makeup. This ultra-lightweight fluid instantly disappears into skin providing broad-spectrum UV protection and deep nourishment. Yogurt, rich in skin-repairing proteins, helps keep skin nourished and protected from the sun’s harmful rays while a blend of rice and camapu extract offers deep hydration and calming properties to soothe skin during sun exposure. Provitamin B5 helps reduce inflammation and supports natural cell regeneration while jojoba oil seals in moisture—leaving skin soft and smooth. ($35; Sephora.com)
2) Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Roller-Ball Fragrance Collection: Travel Friendly. Purse Friendly. Skin Friendly. This is the perfect for fragrance on the go. Their collection of all-natural fragrances is luxurious and addictive. Each fragrance starts with a warm base of Madagascar vanilla and layers on a unique blend of pure essential oils for an exquisite expression of nature that capture a mood, a memory or a moment in time. Hailed as the World’s First Healthy Fragrance, organic sugar cane alcohol is infused with skin saving antioxidants for a modern twist on the classic art of perfumery. ($19; Lavanila.com)
3) PediSpa by Look Beauty Gentle Exfoliating Foot Mask: Show off sandal ready feet thanks to this non-traditional masque that contains a foot exfoliate plus treatment filled in a pair of wearable socks. Key ingredients like chamomile and natural botanical fruit extracts help control callus build-up for visibly smooth feet within two weeks. ($9.99 for one complete pair; Exclusively at Target Stores in the Foot Care Aisle and Target.com)
4) Bioré Baking Soda Pore Cleanser: Wash you face day and night for a complexion that glows all vacation long with this daily liquid cleanser that gives you a deep exfoliating clean without being rough on dry spots. Ideal for combination skin, this oil-free formula contains cleansing ingredients that excavate grime and oil from pores. At the same time, the formula gently smooths away dead cells. You end up with skin that’s fresh, silky-soft and luminous. ($7.99; Drug and mass merchants)
5) Ban Roll-On Deodorant: Don’t worry about embarrassing sweat while you’re in the sun! Traditional antiperspirant/deodorants merely mask odors and reduce odor-causing sweat in general, while Ban’s breakthrough technology specifically targets and virtually eliminates odor that other antiperspirant/deodorants may leave behind. Ban Roll-On Deodorant glides on easily with a formula that provides an outstanding 24 hours of invisible protection against odor wetness. ($4.99, Drug and Mass Retailers)
6) Curél Itch Defense Instant Soothing Moisturizing Spray: Instantly relieve dry, irritated skin with this non-medicated, moisturizing spray with cooling hydration. Uniquely soothing, this formula delivers a mix of light yet potent hydrators — including a proprietary ceramide complex, allantoin and panthenol — to ease parched, itchy skin right where you need it. The Proprietary Cooling Complex feels soothing like a cold compress, lending you instant relief. ($8.99; Drug and mass merchants)
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review. Amy opinions are my own.