A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
The more that I learn about Korean skin care, the more intrigued I am. I mean, have you ever noticed the beautiful, flawless skin of Korean women? They are definitely onto something! I was given the chance to review Purito skin care from Korea.
With Purito, I have found a skin care line that contains no harmful additives and is cruelty-free. I appreciate skin care companies that create ethical and environmentally-friendly and beauty products.
The Purito Centella Green range harnesses the powerful ingredient, Centella Asiatica, which is rich in amino acids and renowned for its powerful anti-aging properties. The range promotes the benefits of water-based products rather than alcohol and is expected to be particular popular with those suffering from sensitive skin.
The company has a strong ethical and environmental responsibility, and in addition to natural ingredients, all products are packaged using recycled wrapping paper.
"We take our responsibility to the consumer and the environment extremely seriously, and our PURITO Centella Green range is one example of that," says Ms. Sunny Kim, Director of PURITO.
"We believe only natural and necessary ingredients should be added to derma cosmetic products, avoiding the use of alcohol and other potentially harmful ingredients such as PEGs, Phenoxyethanol and artificial flavouring agents," she added.
The range is led by the Centella Green Level Buffet Serum, which contains EWG 1st and 2nd grade components and harnesses powerful soothing benefits to deeply replenish skin. Boasting a 49% Centella Asiatica content, the serum helps to stimulate collagen synthesis, calms inflamed skin and reduces pigmentation.
After cleansing and using the toner (below) I apply the serum to my face, neck and chest. I can immediately feel the hydrating properties sinking into my skin. I love how this product is fully absorbed by my thirsty skin, and it leaves no residue or grease.
The second product in the range – the Centella Green Level Calming Toner, contains Asiatic pennywort extract (10%) in a highly-enriched powder form, improving the appearance and texture of sensitive skin.
My skin has been pretty sensitive this winter because of the colder temperatures. I apply this wonderful toner with a soaked cotton ball to my face, neck and chest right after cleansing. It helps to remove any remaining dirt or makeup left behind, plus it refreshes my skin. It definitely helps heal acne, too! I have been breaking out on my chin lately (which never happens!) and I apply this toner to that area to help remove excess oil as well as soothe the irritation.
Finally, the Centella Green Level Recovery Cream is designed for use on face and neck, and the high concentration of Centella Asiatica (50%) smooths and calms troubled skin. The product is a light and fast-absorbing topical cream ideal for sensitive skin and those who seek a kinder moisturizer.
This skin care recovery cream is very light weight, and I use it both morning and evening. It doesn't look very fancy because of the tube that it comes in, but it really makes my skin feel amazing! I feel that my skin has a truly healthy glow, and I believe my skin looks a lot younger than my age. I have really been enjoying Purito skin care. The results speak for themselves, as you can hopefully see in the photo of me below.
CLICK HERE to see the rest of the Purito products range.
Weleda, the European skincare brand, announced that it is expanding its cult-favorite Skin Food Original Ultra-Rich Cream to include three new formulas.
For almost a century, Weleda's Skin Food has been feeding our bodies with plant extracts that work in rhythm with the skin to allow one's inner beauty to shine through. The ultra-rich, multipurpose formula derived from farms that follow sustainable principles delivers soft, supple, deeply hydrated skin. Skin Food's nourishing ingredients satisfy skin with nutrients that help unlock a healthy-looking glow. Skin Food has developed a cult following for its plant-rich formulation becoming a must-have item in makeup artist's kits and celebrity homes alike.
The new Skin Food Experience, which includes a product for lips, a body butter and a lighter version of the original, will feature formulas created to help nourish and soothe the skin. Comprised of nutrient-rich lead plants, including rosemary, chamomile, pansy and calendula, the new blends are rooted in different base formulas of sunflower seed oil, lanolin, beeswax, and Shea Butter.
Rob Keen, CEO of Weleda N.A., says, "Skin Food has been a beloved product and a savior for dry skin since its launch in 1926. We are thrilled to bring all the benefits of Skin Food Original to more usage occasions so that fans and new consumers alike can enjoy a total Skin Food experience from head-to-toe."
The new Skin Food Experience formulas include:
Skin Food Light Nourishing Cream: A lighter version of the classic original, the cream formula quickly melts into skin without leaving behind a greasy residue. Delivering a dose of moisture, chamomile and calendula invigorate senses while a base of Sunflower Seed Oil and Shea Butter instantly nourish for a velvety smooth texture. Perfect to use every day and as a light option in warmer weather; suitable for use on face and body.
My skin has been insanely dry and flaky this winter. This light nourishing cream has completely saved my day a few times, when I would look in the mirror and almost cry because my skin was so flaky looking. I literally had facial dandruff! This light formula allowed me to apply it to my face, and it was deeply hydrating, yet not heavy or too greasy for my face. The flakes vanished upon application, and looks and feels very moisturized and healthy.
Skin Food Body Butter: The light whipped texture quickly absorbs into skin all over for a smooth, luxurious feeling. Perfect for any area that needs extra hydration, the rich base of Sunflower Seed Oil, Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter leaves skin intensely hydrated and senses invigorated after a bath or shower.
I apply this amazingly hydrating body butter every evening after my shower, while my skin is still slightly damp. It seals the moisture into my skin and locks it there. It is very soothing, and makes my skin look very young and healthy. It smells very nice, too!
Skin Food Lip Butter: A vibrant blend of viola, chamomile, and calendula soothes and cares for lips while the oil-based formula nourishes. Great for cold weather conditions or when lips need extra TLC, the rich texture softens lips for a smooth finish. I keep a tube of this heavenly lip butter on my night stand, and apply it at night before bed. It keeps my lips velvety soft, and helps my lips to heal of any dryness as I sleep. I have not suffered any kind of chapped lips this winter because of this intense hydration. (I also keep lipstick on all day long, and that also helps.)
Skin Food Original Ultra-Rich Cream: Intensely hydrating, the original formula combines plant extracts with a base of beeswax and sunflower and sweet almond oils to nourish skin. With extracts of rosemary, chamomile, and calendula, this plant-rich ingredient blend is renowned for its moisturizing and soothing effects. I love this extremely rich cream! I use it on my feet at night before bed, and then I put on socks, and my feet are very soft by morning. I use it as my hand cream during the day, and it protects them from the cold and the wind during the day. I also use it on my hands at night for a 'sleeping hand mask.' It deeply penetrates the skin on my hands and keeps them supple as I sleep, allowing the ingredients to work on replenishing and repairing the skin on my hands, which needs extra TLC, especially in the winter.
The Skin Food Experience is currently available on Weleda.com (https://www.weleda.com/skin-food-experience) and will be available at national retailers in early 2019.
About WELEDA- Since 1921, Weleda has been connecting people to nature through plant-rich, NATRUE certified natural body and skin care. The company's 50 acres of Biodynamic® gardens in Germany— The Weleda Biodynamic Gardens in Schwabisch Gmund, Germany – are one of the largest in Europe. These farming principles are in Weleda's roots and continue to inspire its high-quality products today.
NaturaBrasil Launches New Product Range – Chronos,
Brazil’s most popular cosmetics company, NaturaBrasil, launches new Chronos skincare line in the US market. Chronos is an #AgePositive skincare line that focuses on the needs of the skin at every life stage. The line consists of three categories that meld Brazil’s rich biodiversity with advanced science – a potent oil-based serum treatment, a trio of life stage specific moisturizers and a five-product daily care system.
Natura’s approach to anti-aging skincare is one of mindful simplicity and empowered acceptance. The Chronos line seeks to change the conversation surrounding age in the context of beauty, promote simplicity within wellness routines and embrace the ever-evolving beauty journey of life. Above all, Natura believes in three main pillars: self-care, caring for others and caring for the planet.
The star product of the line is the Daily Revitalizing Face Oil, a lightweight, enhanced blend of natural oils and esters (including five essential oils with powerful anti-oxidant properties) which restore vitality and radiance to dull, stressed skin caused by daily aggressors such as excess sun and pollution.
Brazilian Biodiversity Ingredients + Advanced Science:
- Brazilian Sapucainha: a Brazilian tree with seeds high in essential fatty acids that inhibit skin damage caused by external aggressions
- Polyphenols: extracted from essential ginger oil, stimulate the skin's natural antioxidant mechanism to provide further protection from environmental damage and improve skin vitality – neutralizes 91% of free radicals
- SymUrban: synthetic molecule that reduces the effects of pollution particles with the skin, protecting collagen and elastin fibers
- Instantly improves overall texture
- Instantly smooths fine lines
- Slows the appearance of aging signs
- Deeply moisturizes
- Protects from daily aggressions
- Skin looks restored and visibly renewed
- Lightweight, fast-absorbing
- Ideal for all skin types, except acne-prone
The second category of the Chronos line is a trio of life stage specific moisturizers which offer streamlined multi-benefit skin treatments. Refills are used to replenish each treatment – an important differentiator, and in line with the brand’s extensive sustainability efforts.
- Energizing Face Cream, 30+ – lightweight, multi-tasking moisturizer hydrates, energizes and protects skin to ease the look of stress and fatigue, using Jambu Extract exclusively developed by NaturaBrasil research, and polyphenols with 9.5% active ingredients
- Firming and Radiance Face Cream, 45+ – charged with amino acids and Brazilian Jatobá Extract , a natural collagen booster exclusively developed by NaturaBrasil research. D eeply moisturizes and firms skin, visibly reduces wrinkles and restores radiance with 11.1% active ingredients
- Lifting and Volumizing Face Cream, 60+ – visibly firms and contours skin, powered by Brazilian Casearia Extract, a natural skin filler which stimulates elastin fibers and the production of hyaluronic acid, and powerful oligosaccharides. Improves skin’s density, plumps the skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with 14.4% active ingredients.
Chronos’ final category focuses on daily maintenance and cleansing, with five complementary products that gently remove impurities from the skin while keeping moisture levels balanced.
- Gentle Cleansing Mousse – gentle foam thoroughly removes dirt and impurities while maintaining skin's natural balance
- Creamy Foaming Cleanser –formulated with Cupuaçu Butter, this mild rich cleanser removes impurities, while maintaining the skin’s natural balance
- Bi-phase Makeup Remover – gentletwo-phase formula effectively removes makeup, and is enriched with natural humectants that protect skin's moisture barrier
- Skin Brightening Exfoliator – dual-acting formula combines skin-brightening properties of glycolic acid with gentle exfoliation of bamboo micro-particles to reveal smooth, radiant skin
- Hydra-nourish Moisturizer –daily moisturizer hydrates and nourishes skin with vitamin E, rice peptides and Cupuaçu Butter while protecting it from damaging free radicals
My thoughts: I have been using NaturaBrasil Chronos skincare products for three weeks now. My goal is to keep my skin looking as young as possible for as long as possible. By using anti-aging skincare products such as the Chronos skincare line, I am headed in the right direction to achieve younger looking skin.
I love the Gentle Cleansing Mousse. I use it at night in the shower to remove all of my makeup, as well as any dirt and oil on my face and neck. It cleanses perfectly, and does not irritate my eyes. It feels nice and light on my skin.
Each morning, I begin my day by cleansing my face with the Creamy Foaming Cleanser. It leaves my skin clean and gives it that extra hydration that my skin needs each day.
Every morning and night I apply the Firming and Radiance Face Cream, 45+. This cream is the perfect formula for both morning and night. It is not too heavy for daytime, and it is just the right consistency for a great night facial cream. My skin is renewed and visibly firmer.
Chronos skincare line retails for ($17.50- $62.00)
Natura is the most admired beauty brand in Brazil. The brand is known not only for the quality of its beauty products, but also for its commitment to transparency, sustainability and the promotion of well-being (what Natura calls "bem estar bem"). What started in 1969 as a single store on the famous Oscar Freire shopping street in Sao Paulo has grown into Brazil’s largest single beauty brand and a major force in beauty throughout Latin America. Since the beginning, Natura has been committed to more than just developing and selling beauty products. Two of Natura’s most deeply held beliefs are that the world is interconnected, and that business can be aforce for good. This ethos is reinforced by third party accolades including the United Nations Champions of The Earth Award and Natura’s status as a B (Benefit)- Corporation. To date, Natura has saved nearly 635,000 acres of Amazon rainforest – the brand remains dedicated to sustainability, community development and a vision of beauty without stereotypes.
www.naturabrasil.com | @NaturaBrasil.US
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
As more Americans consider the values of a company before purchasing, the socially conscious beauty lover will appreciate NaturaBrasil’s new holiday collection. Gift sets include rich beauty products made from exotic and rare Amazonian ingredients, and are housed in one-of-a-kind handwoven raffia baskets or clutches created by a women's co-op in Bahia, Brazil. Through this co-op, Natura is educating and empowering women, teaching them business skills and creating local economies.
Once emptied, the baskets double as functional decor – planters, jewelry organizers, serving bowls, and more. I absolutely love gifts that have more than one use!
Holiday gift set prices range from $29.50-$49.95
Black Friday: 30% off all full-size products + free shipping site wide
Cyber Monday: A free full-size product with $50 purchase + free shipping site wide
A little more about NaturaBrasil
Natura is a billion dollar (yes billion) natural and vegan brand that works directly with community co-ops in the Amazon rainforest (creating local economies, educating these communities on best practices and business acumen) to sustainably source ingredients. They also happen to be the first publicly traded company to be a B-corp and recently won a United Nations Champions of The Earth Award (goals?) – not to mention, they just scooped up The Body Shop and now own it!
Live Clean is a collection of eco-friendly beauty products that are made for the entire family. The brand has a simple vision: to create high performance body, hair, and baby products that celebrate natural beauty while honoring the earth.
Live Clean harnesses the beautifying power in plant-based ingredients to create gentle and effective products that are safe for you, your baby, and the environment at an affordable price with all products under $5.99.
Live Clean products are:
- Naturally Based Ingredients: Grounded in respect for the environment, Live Clean products are made of 98% renewable and sustainable plant based ingredients. We preserve the beauty of the planet by never using petro-chemical based ingredients.
- Biodegradable and Recyclable: Every little bit counts. We take great care to source local, biodegradable ingredients, and to use the most recyclable packaging available to reduce our ecological foot print.
- Certified Organic: Live Clean products are created using certified organic extracts derived from beautifying botanicals, including Rosemary, Chamomile, and Lavender.
- Free of Harsh Chemicals: Harsh chemicals, who needs them! We believe in using CLEAN, SIMPLE ingredients. Our products are always; SLS Free, Phthalate Free, Petroleum Free, Silicone Free, Paraben Free, DEA Free, Phosphate Free, and Dye Free.
- Pure Vegan & Vegetarian: We love and adore animals. The majority of Live Clean products are Vegan with a small portion being vegetarian
- Cruelty-Free: Live Clean uses responsible practices and NEVER tests on animals. We believe in embracing in the beauty of life and living cruelty-free.
The brand, which is available at Target, Walgreens, and Whole Foods, has three distinct collections: The Fresh Water Collection, The Argan Oil Collection, and the Coconut Milk Collection. Each of these collections contains a shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and hand soap.
Live Clean Argan Oil Hydrating Liquid Hand Soap
Live Clean® Hydrating Argan Oil Hand Soap features 100% pure Argan Oil to nourish and replenish the skin for improved texture and tone, while certified organic botanicals of Grape Seed and Olive Leaf Extracts help to protect the skin’s moisture barrier.
Live Clean Fresh Water Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner
Live Clean® Fresh Water Hydrating Shampoo gently cleanses, adding moisture and shine. The perfect blend of Vitamin E, Panthenol, and certified organic botanicals of Rosemary and Chamomile makes hair feel healthy and full of life.
Live Clean® Fresh Water Hydrating Conditioner hydrates and nourishes. The perfect blend of Vitamin E, Panthenol, and certified organic botanicals of Rosemary and Chamomile makes hair feel healthy and full of life.
Live Clean Coconut Milk Moisturizing Body Wash
Live Clean® Coconut Milk Moisturizing Body Wash gently cleanses, hydrates and restores moisture balance and luster to skin. Featuring luscious coconut milk from the tropics and certified organic Apricot Extract, our nourishing body wash is enriched with Vitamins E, C, and B to deeply care for skin and improve its overall softness and beauty.
I absolutely love all of the Live Clean products that I have been able to try so far! The body washes are perfect for shaving my legs. My husband loves the body wash, too. It smells amazing and is very moisturizing.
I am in love with the shampoo and conditioner formulas. They leave my long hair shiny and so soft! I am very happy with them. My hair feels so clean! These hydrating shampoos and conditioners leave my hair smelling so good, too. My husband and son both use them as well.
The hand soaps are so rich and lathery! I trust this brand and these formulas with getting my family's hands clean and keeping them soft. The bottles are nicely sized and will last a long time. They look pretty in the bathroom and the kitchen, too.
Each of these Live Clean products have such a fresh fragrance and are such a pleasure to use. I am very surprised at how these high-quality products are so affordably priced!
Enter to win! Three winners will be chosen to win 1 hand soap and 1 body wash from Live Clean.
How? It's easy! Just enter to win by filling out the Giveaway Tools form below. Good luck!
Available at Target, Walgreens, and Whole Foods
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
Full of Goodness, Green Goo
is this Season’s Go-To Gift
Give the gift of beautiful skin while helping people around the world with Green Goo ®. This organic skincare line provides pure, natural and healing ingredients to nourish skin. Green Goo believes in using only the highest-quality, natural, beneficial ingredients the earth has to offer… food for your skin! These products are being used with the Mandela Foundation for their portable hospitals, with World Vision for their Somalia team helping with wound care and even John Hopkins! Your purchase and gift will contribute to offering clean products around the globe. These natural products come in a variety of travel packs that are perfect for anyone on your wish list.
Skincare Travel Pack
Traveling can wreak havoc on your skin. Keep your face clear and radiant with this travel pack
- Lip Balm – Comes with Citrus Zest and Sweet Honey 100% all natural lip balm to nourish, protect and hydrate cracked lips.
- Face Wash –Cleanses and nourishes skin while preventing blackheads and pimples.
- Skin Repair –Naturally treats puffy eyes, dark circles, minor burns, scars and wrinkles.
- Solar Good –With 30 SPF sunblock and 40 minute water resistant, you’ll stay moisturized and protected
First Aid Travel Pack
It’s better to be safe than sorry. Stay prepared while traveling with this handy kit.
- First Aid –Portable First Aid offering symptom relief replacing more than 20 of your traditional first aid products including cuts, scrapes, sunburns, bug bites, even poison ivy and cold sores!
- Dry Skin – Soothes extremely dry skin such eczema, psoriasis and hot, itchy flaky rashes and makes for a great heat to toe moisturizer.
- Skin Repair –Treats sunspots, wrinkles, and scars with aloe Vera and vitamin E and a nightly anti-aging facial moisturizer.
- Pain Relief –Helps with bruises, inflammation, sore muscles, joint pain and sprains.
Outdoor Travel Pack
Perfect to bring to all outdoor activities: backpacking, biking, climbing, camping, skiing, rafting, and gardening and more.
- First Aid –For dry cracked hands and feet, insect bites, poison ivy and cuts.
- Pain Relief –Helps with bruises, inflammation, sore muscles, joint pain and sprains.
- Lip Balm –100% all natural lip balm that nourishes, protects and hydrates cracked lips.
- Bugs Be Gone –An outdoor bug spray repellant that keeps mosquitoes, gnats, flies, fleas and ticks away.
Deodorant Travel Pack
Stay confident through all of your traveling adventures.
- Available in 4 different scents Lemongrass & Sage, Rose & Geranium, Lavender &Thyme, and Unscented.
- Infused with calendula flowers.
- Provides maximum odor protection.
- Anti-fungal, anti-yeast and anti-microbial.
- Arrow root used as antiperspirant.
- Pure essential oils for aromatherapy.
Mama & Baby Travel Set
Moms everywhere love this travel set. It has everything they need and can be easily thrown in their purse or diaper bag.
- Belly Balm -Great for stretch marks, dry skin, itchy skin.
- Baby Balm -Treats baby acne, soothes diaper rash and gently moisturizes from head to toe.
- Nursing Cream -For breastfeeding moms who need to soothe their sore and tender nipples.
- Sitz Bath Tea Bag -Relax with a delicious cup of tea, it’s an ideal treat for postpartum care.
For more information go to: https://greengoohelps.com/
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
We’re on a ClarityMD mission. A mission to do away with harmful chemicals that hurt acne-prone skin more than they help. A mission to stop the redness, stinging, dryness and torture, all of which lead to premature aging. It’s a mission for better skin.
Our journey led us to a little-known powerhouse bionutrient called Bakuchiol (buh-koo-chee-aal). Derived from the powerful Babchi plant, retinol-like Bakuchiol has been used for centuries in holistic medicine to quickly and gently resolve skin concerns like blemishes and visible signs of aging.
Alas, ClarityMD brings you nature’s most effective acne-fighting ingredients (Bakuchiol included) in a silky smooth, 2-step anti-aging formula that heals and nourishes skin back to health in just 14 days. Skin is clearer, smoother, more youthful and virtually poreless. Not only does the line provide acne-fighting nutrients, it also hydrates the skin and provides anti-aging benefits.
My thoughts: I received samples of ClarityMD to review. I don't usually get acne, but I do break-out at least once a month due to 'that time of the month.'
Not only does Clarity MD control acne, it has anti-aging properties and to me, that is another wonderful reason to use it. When my skin is extra oily, I begin my regimen using the Deep Pore Cleanser (avoiding my eye area.) I use the Clarifying Konjac Sponge (included in the set) to gently scrub my face with the cleanser.
Next, I use an acne treatment pad to further remove all of the dirt and oil that may be trapped in my pores. Last, I apply the Clarifying serum. The serum is very lightweight and glides on smoothly. I use ClarityMD morning and night for best results.
My skin is left looking clear and flawless.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.
Circle of Friends® was founded and nurtured by the world's great experts on children: moms. Since its inception, the mission of Circle of Friends® was to create a professional hair, bath, and body line for children, while introducing them to a world of styles and cultures.
Circle of Friends® belief is that children deserve products designed for their special hair and bath needs, as well as ones that challenge their active minds. To achieve this goal, they carefully craft each product, using only the highest quality ingredients, such as exotic botanical extracts, natural elements, and enchanting fragrances, and bottle these magical formulas in a playful "kid friendly" package. And Circle of Friends® products are always safe and gentle, packed full of vitamins and proteins, and are never tested on animals!
We received samples of Circle of Friends wonderful products to review. They are Klunie's Chocolate Shampoo, Hans' Blueberry Shampoo, Chehn's Mandarin Orange Conditioner, Erik's Shaping Hair Gel, and Jacques' Hair Jam. My son, Braxton loves these products and I have found that he actually looks forward to shampooing and styling his own hair now.
Klunie's Chocolate Shampoo
This moisturizing shampoo features Klunie, a little boy from Papua New Guinea. Cocoa grows on trees in his country and is made into chocolate.
Hans' Blueberry Shampoo
This delightfully fruity moisturizing shampoo features Hans, a little boy from Germany. He loves to play soccer and looks forward to Oktoberfest every year in the fall.
Chehn's Mandarin Orange Conditioner
This conditioner leaves hair completely soft and detangled. It features a little boy named Chehn from China. His country has the largest population in the world!
Erik's Shaping Hair Gel
Disclaimer: I recieved samples of these producs to review and to keep. The opinions are my own.