A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Spring Break Beauty Survival Kit
Spring Break plans right around the corner? Pack up your bags and get ready to head out with the ultimate beauty survival kit! We’ve got you covered from head to toe (and everything in between) with the warm weather essentials you need for skin that’s soft, smooth and glowing all vacation long!
1) KORRES Yoghurt Nourishing Fluid Veil Face Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30: Have fun in the sun with this ultra-sheer yet nourishing fluid that provides daily broad-spectrum UV coverage while wearing beautifully under makeup. This ultra-lightweight fluid instantly disappears into skin providing broad-spectrum UV protection and deep nourishment. Yogurt, rich in skin-repairing proteins, helps keep skin nourished and protected from the sun’s harmful rays while a blend of rice and camapu extract offers deep hydration and calming properties to soothe skin during sun exposure. Provitamin B5 helps reduce inflammation and supports natural cell regeneration while jojoba oil seals in moisture—leaving skin soft and smooth. ($35; Sephora.com)
2) Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Roller-Ball Fragrance Collection: Travel Friendly. Purse Friendly. Skin Friendly. This is the perfect for fragrance on the go. Their collection of all-natural fragrances is luxurious and addictive. Each fragrance starts with a warm base of Madagascar vanilla and layers on a unique blend of pure essential oils for an exquisite expression of nature that capture a mood, a memory or a moment in time. Hailed as the World’s First Healthy Fragrance, organic sugar cane alcohol is infused with skin saving antioxidants for a modern twist on the classic art of perfumery. ($19; Lavanila.com)
3) PediSpa by Look Beauty Gentle Exfoliating Foot Mask: Show off sandal ready feet thanks to this non-traditional masque that contains a foot exfoliate plus treatment filled in a pair of wearable socks. Key ingredients like chamomile and natural botanical fruit extracts help control callus build-up for visibly smooth feet within two weeks. ($9.99 for one complete pair; Exclusively at Target Stores in the Foot Care Aisle and Target.com)
4) Bioré Baking Soda Pore Cleanser: Wash you face day and night for a complexion that glows all vacation long with this daily liquid cleanser that gives you a deep exfoliating clean without being rough on dry spots. Ideal for combination skin, this oil-free formula contains cleansing ingredients that excavate grime and oil from pores. At the same time, the formula gently smooths away dead cells. You end up with skin that’s fresh, silky-soft and luminous. ($7.99; Drug and mass merchants)
5) Ban Roll-On Deodorant: Don’t worry about embarrassing sweat while you’re in the sun! Traditional antiperspirant/deodorants merely mask odors and reduce odor-causing sweat in general, while Ban’s breakthrough technology specifically targets and virtually eliminates odor that other antiperspirant/deodorants may leave behind. Ban Roll-On Deodorant glides on easily with a formula that provides an outstanding 24 hours of invisible protection against odor wetness. ($4.99, Drug and Mass Retailers)
6) Curél Itch Defense Instant Soothing Moisturizing Spray: Instantly relieve dry, irritated skin with this non-medicated, moisturizing spray with cooling hydration. Uniquely soothing, this formula delivers a mix of light yet potent hydrators — including a proprietary ceramide complex, allantoin and panthenol — to ease parched, itchy skin right where you need it. The Proprietary Cooling Complex feels soothing like a cold compress, lending you instant relief. ($8.99; Drug and mass merchants)
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review. Amy opinions are my own.
As the temperatures drop, be sure to heat up with the Bioré Skincare Self Heating One Minute Mask. The thermal mask with Natural Charcoal is ideal for a quick deep clean.
Bioré Self Heating One Minute Mask: In just one minute, this thermal mask warms to open pores, draws out and dissolves 2.5 times more dirt, oil, and surface toxins than a basic cleanser, and rinses them clean away with an invigorating cooling sensation. Infused with natural charcoal, this breakthrough mask melts dirt and oil better than the leading competitive mask. So clean your pores from the dirt, oil and makeup of the past and clear the problem.
My Experience: In a house full of girls, there are bound to be certain times of the month when our skin becomes pretty oily and unsightly zits can pop up. For my teenage girls, especially, these blemishes are never fun to be sporting around. There are dances to attend and prom is around the corner. No one wants a huge red zit to dampen their spirits! We were sent the Bioré Skincare Self Heating One Minute Mask to review. My daughters and I immediately put it to use. Kendallyn was particularly concerned about her skin breaking out because she was to be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding, so she used this amazing deep cleansing mask the night before the wedding to ensure clear and beautiful skin. After applying the mask for one minute, you can feel it working as it naturally heats up. It feels really nice and cooling on the skin. After rinsing, the skin is left so very clean and refreshed. I noticed that my skin stayed matte all the next day. It is wonderful!
Where To Find It: The NEW Bioré charcoal products are available at select food, drug and mass merchant stores for $7.99.
Disclaimer: I received a sample of this product to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.