A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Celebrity Hairstylist Gregory Russell styles Lily James for the 2018 Golden Globes Red Carpet
Lily James’ hair made a romantic statement last night for the 2018 Golden Globes.
Inspiration : Gregory was inspired by Lily’s statement-making, black Valentino gown to create a soft and graceful updo that compliments the ruffled neckline and low back.
- Starting with damp hair, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Full Hydration Leave-In Detangling Mist on the ends to nourish, detangle and prep the hair
- Then, apply a golf ball-sized amount of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse to the crown and to the root of the hair to help create lasting body
- Next, blow dry the hair with a large, round hairbrush to further add fullness. Once the hair is dry, use a flat iron to create a natural looking wave
- After waving the hair, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Refresh Dry Shampoo through the lengths of hair to add a soft texture
- Then, apply a pearl-sized amount of John Frieda Secret Weapon Touch-Up Crème through the ends of the hair to add shine and definition
- Leave a few wisps of hair out around the face and tie the rest of the hair low at the nape of the head. Split the ponytail in half and tie a knot fastening the ends loosely so it has a soft, romantic feeling
- Lastly, use John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray to lock in the style
- As a final touch, add a gold stone hair pin to the knot
Celebrity Hairstylist Chad Wood styles Vanessa Hudgens using John Frieda Hair Care for the 2018 Golden Globes InStyle Viewing Party
Last night, Vanessa Hudgens’ hair made a classic and trendy statement with a fringe bob - a hairstyle that’s already a top hair trend for 2018.
Inspiration: Chad was inspired by the ultimate French girl bob.
- Start by spraying John Frieda Frizz Ease 3-Day Straight Flat Iron Spray from the mid-shaft through the ends of the hair to help seal in a long-lasting straight, smooth style
- Next, lightly spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion to the roots to give the hair volume and hold
- Then, starting with the back sections, blow dry the hair smooth using a round brush
- Once the hair is completely dry, use a flat iron to give extra polish and shine
- Apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Crème on the ends and a small amount on the fringe to accomplish a lived-in look
- To finish, spray John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Hairspray
Jenna Dewan Tatum, actress, dancer, and mother, just debuted new long locks in contrast to her usual shorter hair. Create a similar look for a new style this summer with Hairdo’s Invisible Extension.
Get mega-watt length and volume in seconds by just slipping this 20″ halo extension on like a headband and pull your own hair over it. The ingenious and inconspicuous design blends in seamlessly and the synthetic Tru2Life® fibers can be heat-styled to create any look ($79; Ulta and Ulta.com).
*Note: This celebrity is not wearing Hairdo products, but I wanted to show you how to get the look by using them.
Summer is here, which is synonymous with sea salt sprays and beach waves. I am a huge fan of sea salt sprays, but some brands of sea salt sprays can leave my hair – sticky, dry, and matted. Thankfully, I have discovered that MOP has the perfect alternative, the brand-new Basil Mint Clay (it smells amazing).
It’s a professional grade styling tool that helps to add texture without the gummy feeling some sea salt sprays can leave behind. The new styling clay leaves a matte finish and is perfect for creating piece-y #WokeUpLikeThis or #PerfectlyImperfect undone hairstyles.
An added bonus – Basil Mint Clay has a super clean formula including macadamia nut oil, beeswax and two varieties of natural clay; bentonite, which is also known as the “healing clay” and Kaolin, or “China clay.”
Retail/Salon Price: $22.00USD for 2oz / 58g jar
Available at Ricky’s NYC, MOP salons nationwide and www.mopproducts.com
Gregory Russell styles Lily Collins for the Golden Globe Awards 2017
For the 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards, Lily Collins’ hair made a modern princess statement.
Inspiration: Gregory was inspired by Lily's beautiful beaded Zuhair Murad gown to create a voluminous textured updo with braided details
- To start, apply a golf ball sized amount of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse on the roots for lasting volume, and then another golf ball sized amount to the lengths of the hair for body
- Then, brush through and begin blowing the hair out with a multi-bristle brush and setting the “mohawk” section on velcro rollers securing each with a duckbill clip
- Once cooled, start curling hair with a 1.25" barrel, spraying each section with John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray before curling
- Then, curl the mohawk section away from the face and fasten each curl with a duckbill clip
- While the hair cools, spray the roots with the new John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Refresh Dry Shampoo to add lift and texture
- Next, remove the clips, brush out and section out 1" of the perimeter of the hair all the way around the head
- Add a pearl sized amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Creme to the remaining hair and secure it with a bungee hair tie at the crown of the head
- Then, work through the lengths to define and pin the curls up to create a voluminous messy bun
- Take selected pieces from the perimeter and pin back, leaving some wispy face framing pieces out
- Braid the remaining hair into a fishtail pulling it slightly apart for texture and shape. Fasten it around the bun with hair pins
- Finally, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray to lock in the style
Craig Gangi styles Anna Kendrick for the Golden Globe Awards 2017
On the Golden Globes red carpet, Anna Kendrick’s hair says polished elegance.
Inspiration: The Grecian Vionnet gown inspired Craig to give Anna a more polished, sleek look that would show off the one-shoulder silhouette
- To prep the hair for the sleek style, use the new John Frieda Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Shampoo and Conditioner
- Next, apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Creme on damp hair and then blowout the hair straight
- Use a rat-tail comb to create an extreme side-part and pull the hair behind the ears. For extra smoothness, flat iron the top of the hair from roots to mid-length
- Then, without sectioning off the hair, start wrapping the hair around a 2” curl barrel to create an elegant wave. Secure the look with John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray
- To prevent an flyaways and frizz, finish by applying John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Creme on the hands and combing through the hair
Make Your Statement
*Product en route, all opinions are my own.
Infusium is excited to celebrate this year’s Golden Globes with Julia Louis-Dreyfus AND Connie Britton, donning their next generation of Infusium products that transform hair heath with every use.
Renowned celebrity stylist, Matthew Monson (@matthewmonzon), worked his magic for Best Actress in a Comedy nominee, Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ effortlessly chic look, while Connie Britton’sgorgeous style was created by celebrity stylist, Enzo Angileri (@enzoangileri). Both stylists used Infusium to ensure these ladies hair stayed healthy during and even after their struts on the red-carpet.
See below for the “How To’s” from Matthew and Enzo, and the Infusium products they used:
“GET THE LOOK” FROM MATTHEW MONZON:
- For Julia Louis Dreyfus’ look tonight I wanted her hair to look soft, shiny and stunning.
- First, I washed and conditioned her hair with the Infusium Repair + Renew Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Next, to protect her hair from any damage, I sprayed Infusium Repair + Renew Leave-In Treatment from mid shaft through the ends combing through with a wide toothcomb.
- Then I took a quarter size amount of Infusium Repair + Renew Leave-In Crème emulsified in my hands, and worked through the last 3 inches of the hair to help eliminate frizz and flyaways.
- I started drying her hair using just my hands, and lifting her strands for texture and root volume. After it was half way dry, I incorporated a round brush to finish and create even more volume.
- To keep with Julia’s signature style, I created a strong center part with a tailcomb. Then separated her hair into large sections, and starting curling using a large barrel iron for a more tousled feeling.
- To finish the look, I used the Infusium Repair + Renew Smoothing Serum to smooth over the ends and give a bit more definition to the hair.
“GET THE LOOK” FROM ENZO ANGILERI:
- I wanted Connie’s style to look elegant, shiny and smooth.
- I started by washing and conditioning her hair with the Infusium Repair + Renew Shampoo and Conditioner.
- While her hair was still wet, I parted the hair down the middle and then sprayed Infusium Repair + Renew Leave-In Treatment to the ends of her hair.
- Then I sectioned her hair into about 20 sections and starting drying with a round brush. After, I pinned each section up like a roller and let it set for about 5 minutes for volume and natural wave. I took out the pins and brushed her hair so the waves would loosen.
- Starting from the back of the head, I used a 1.5 inch curling iron and began curling the hair to accentuate the soft waves.
- When finished, I lightly brushed it out again for that natural look. I applied the Infusium Repair + Renew Smoothing Serum at the top of her head, near her part to avoid fly aways.
PRODUCTS USED FROM INFUSIUM:
- Repair + Renew Shampoo
- Infused with Keratin and Argan Oil, this formula gently cleanses fragile strands.
- For busy women who've been unkind to their hair -- damaging it with daily heat styling, regular color processing and harsh environments.
- With every wash! For optimum sheen and smoothness, follow with Infusium™ Repair + Renew Conditioner, and Original Leave-in Treatment.
- Massage into wet hair, lather and rinse well.
Available in-stores at Target starting end of January
*Product en route. All opinions are my own.
Brisk, icy cold winter air can definitely take its toll on your hair! Restore health and luster to your locks with Renpure hair care!
With Renpure hair products, it has never been easier to lay the foundation for healthy, nourished hair! After styling with blow dryers, hair straighteners and curling irons, your hair is at risk for major damage. “We’ve found coconut oil to be one of the most versatile ingredients in hair care,” said Renpure co-founder Tom Redmond Jr.. Renpure can be found in retailers nationwide including Target, Walmart, Ulta, Amazon, and more.
All of Renpure’s products are free of sulfates, parabens, harsh salts, dyes, and gluten for quality that can be seen and felt with every wash.
Be sure to treat yourself this holiday season or give the best gifts ever with these perfect hair care products and sets:
Black Label Set~
- Coconut Water Hydrating Shampoo, Coconut Water Hydrating Conditioner, Coconut Water Replenishing Treatment Mist, Coconut Oil Renewing Dry Oil
- Coconut Milk Nourishing Shampoo, Coconut Milk Nourishing Conditioner, Coconut Leave-in Conditioner, Coconut Replenishing Treatment Mist.
Renpure Winter and Holiday Gift Picks~
- Bamboo Coconut Water Shampoo, Bamboo Coconut Water Conditioner, Rosemary Mint Cleansing Conditioner.
- Moroccan Spring Water Shampoo, Moroccan Spring Water Conditioner, Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner
- Vitamin E Shampoo, Vitamin E Conditioner, Vanilla Mint Cleansing Conditioner
- Moroccan Spring Water Shampoo, Moroccan Spring Water Conditioner, Lavender Cleansing Conditioner
I received a set of Renpure hair care products to review. They are as follows:
Coconut Milk Replenishing Shampoo, Coconut Milk Nourishing Conditioner, Coconut Whipped Creme Leave-in Conditioner, Coconut Water Replenishing Treatment.
Coconut Milk Nourishing Shampoo~ This fabulous shampoo uses super smoothing Coconut Oil to help lubricate and protect your hair from damage. It lathers up luxuriously and gently cleans each hair fiber to give way to incredibly soft, super fresh hair!
Coconut Milk Nourishing Conditioner~ This luxurious conditioner builds and maintains your beautiful locks. With an abundant mixture of nutrients and oils, this formula seals each strand with the building blocks that create smooth, shiny hair. It smells amazing, too!
Coconut Whipped Crème Leave-in Conditioner~ This lightweight, moisturizing conditioner is a great solution for dry, frizzy hair. Coconut water has the ability to absorb quickly into each hair fiber, allowing it to deliver oils and vitamins that condition and heal the innermost area of the hair cuticle. Your hair will look smoother, feel softer, and be healthier. I add this to my damp hair after washing and conditioning. It leaves my hair looking and feeling beautiful.
Coconut Water Replenishing Treatment Mist~ This hydrating spray covers your hair in a super-lightweight Coconut Oil mist that adds vibrant shine, lots of smoothness, and tons of frizz control. It helps protect against breakage, split-ends, and heated styling tools, while also helping to detangle and restore your locks to a healthier state.
My hair has never been in better condition after using these Renpure products for a few weeks now. My hair has so much life in it! Usually these cold winter days leave my hair in a very sorry state. Because of Renpure, I am completely in love with my hair!
For more information go to: https://www.renpure.com
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
Looking for the perfect hairstyle for the fall and upcoming holidays? Ever wonder how to achieve super straight hair flawless that has just the right amount of volume? With these best-selling tools from Gold ‘N Hot you can easily, and surprisingly, create this perfectly polished do yourself!
Gold ‘N Hot Professional 1875 Watt Ionic Ultra-Lightweight Dryer with Tourmaline ($39.99, Folica.com): This ultra-light dryer outputs tens-of-thousands of negative ions to dry hair faster with less damage resulting in healthy, shiny, beautiful hair. Tourmaline conditioning emits negative ions heat to reduce static frizz and seal in moisture. With 2 Speeds and 6 heat settings, you can achieve any hair style.
Gold ‘N Hot 1” Ceramic Crimping Iron ($36.00, SallyBeauty.com): Who would’ve thought crimpers were still cool? It’s hairstylist’s best kept secret to achieve volume. Separate the hair and use the crimper on the under pieces. Hold at root and see an instant lift. Gold ‘N Hot’s easy to use crimping iron has ceramic plates with seal-in conditioning that leaves you with silky-soft hair. With a quick 60 second heat-up, you’re almost ready to rock.
Gold ‘N Hot 1″ Professional Ceramic Straightening Iron ($39.99, SallyBeauty.com) : This iron’s ceramic floating plates are made to eliminate gaps between plates and create the ultimate polished look. With a quick 60-second heat-up and easy access controls, your styling time is cut down. Ceramic plates distribute heat evenly for fast styling and seal in moisture leaving your hair shiny, silky-soft, frizz-free.
With Fashion Week on the horizon, channel your inner fashionista! Be sure to have your vanities’ stocked with the perfect beauty essentials so you’re always looking runway ready from head to toe.
Show off clear, camera ready skin, with a sense of style thanks to Bioré® Limited Edition Deep Cleansing Pore Strips! Cast in bold leopard, zebra and giraffe prints, Bioré Limited Edition Deep Cleansing Pore Strips make the already immensely satisfying process of purifying your pores even more fierce and fun. Whether you’re prepping for a girls night out or movie night in, these exotic, animal-print pore strips will make you feel like strutting down the catwalk and leave you with cleaner, healthy looking skin. ($6.49; Drugstores and mass retailers)
Feel fresh all day long with Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Deodorant Collection. Get superior odor protection with this 100 percent natural, freshly scented deodorant. Soothing essential oils blend with beta-glucan technology fight odor effectively while soothing, conditioning, and nourishing the delicate underarm area. It goes on clean, with no sticky wetness, and delivers long-lasting, luxurious results ($14; Lavanila.com).
Maintain smooth, moisturized skin for 24 hours straight with Curél Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion. Ideal for severely dry skin, this formula has been clinically proven to repair and renew extra dry skin two times better than the leading intensive lotion. It contains extra-strength, naturally hydrating agents so skin feels soft, supple, and restored ($7.99, Drugstores and Mass Retailers).
Make a statement with KORRES Morello Lip Duos. These creamy Morello lipsticks provide a perfect and pure color release in one stroke, and conditions lips while lending them a bright, rich, luminous finish. The KORRES Cotton Seed Oil Long-Lasting Lip Liner provides precise, luminous color enriched with nourishing cotton seed oil, jojoba oil and antioxidant vitamins. Soft, smooth texture helps you define the contours of the lips and create a base for lipstick, ensuring beautiful, long-wearing color without feathering ($32.50; HSN.com).
Give yourself a chic, non-committal do with Hairdo’s Clip-In Bang. Don't snip - clip! This 5" long bang has 9 1/2" face-framing sides that blend seamlessly with your own hair. Going out with a bang has never been so much fun - or so commitment-free ($29; Ulta.com).
After running around in your heels all day, treat your feet to the PediSpa Intensive Moisturizing Foot Mask!These treatment filled wearable socks noticeably smooth, soften and repair dry creaked, calloused feet and heels. With ingredients like Shea butter, apple extract and peppermint, this foot mask significantly improves the look and feel of even the driest feet. ($9.99 for two complete pairs; Exclusively at Target Stores in the Foot Care Aisle and Target.com)
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
Spring Break is finally here! Your mind may have been set on achieving the perfect beach bod or sun-kissed skin, but now it’s time to focus on something a little more important – your mane!
The perfect 'vacay' hair is sometimes a little harder to attain than we’d like but don’t sweat we’re here to help: release your inner beach goddess with the got2b beach trippin’ salt infusion waving spray by creating easy & effortless beachy waves.
got2b beach trippin’ salt infusion waving spray
Achieve matte, tousled waves with the got2b beach trippin’ salt infusion waving spray. Natural salts infuse your hair with body, volume and texture as moisturizers prevent dryness over time. Hair is left soft, with a moveable, medium hold. $5.99; mass retailers
Disclaimer: I have posted in exchange for samples. However, I love this brand and any opinions are my own.
Last night, the most elegant looks came out on the red carpet for the Oscars! The superstars looked fabulous with luxurious lashes and captivating ‘dos to smoky shadow. Kerry Washington and Rooney Mara modeled their glamorous Oscars’ looks with natural and rule breaking beauty!
You can recreate these head turning makeup looks with the below tips! Both of the looks can be recreated using Younique’s top-selling product Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes+ , which sells at least one unit every 10 seconds* and increases lash volume by up to 400 percent.
The look: Naturally beautiful with a mohawk styled ponytail
Skin: Naturally highlight glowing skin by using Younique Refreshed Rose Water , SRP: $29, to add hydration and subtract redness and oil!
Makeup: Get Kerry’s smoky eye by using various shades of brown shimmer eyeshadows. Use black eyeliner on the inner rim of the eye and on the eyelid to fully outline the eye for drama!
Take lashes to the next level by applying two coats of Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes+ , SRP: $29. First, apply an even coat of the Transplanting Gel to the lashes. Immediately apply a layer of Fibers over the Transplanting Gel. Seal the fibers by applying one more coat of the Transplanting Gel.
Finishing the look: Keep lips natural by adding a clear gloss (try Younique Lucrative Lip Gloss in Loyal , SRP: $15) for shine!
Hair: Create a tousled ponytail by adding volume straight from the root. Take loose wisps in the front of head and spray with hairspray first. Sweep hair back loosely on the front and tight on the sides to add interest from the front. For maximum hold, apply extra hairspray to hair (try Thicker Fuller Hair Weightless Volumizing Hairspray SRP: $4.99)!
The look: Powerful makeup and a shiny, knotted hairstyle
Skin: Rooney’s look is beautifully futuristic. Apply a face and eye primer for glowing skin that will stay porcelain-perfect all day long!
Makeup: Use a nice neutral eyeshadow palette to create warm, smoky brown lids (Try Younique Moodstruck Addiction Shadow Palette 1 , SRP: $49). Amp up lashes by applying a few coats of Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes+ , SRP: $29.
Create striking brows by using a precision brow liner pencil Younique Moodstruck Precision Brow Liner , SRP: $19. Then, to create the appearance of thick brows, brush on Younique Moodstruck Precision Brow Gel , SRP: $19 which contains buildable fibers, similar to the Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes+.
Apply a soft blush on the cheekbones to obtain a windy winter glow. (Try Younique Moodstruck Minerals Pressed Blusher in Sweet , SRP: $29).
Finishing the look: For the eye-catching two toned lips, first line lips with a deep red shade then apply a crimson red lipstick to both lips. (Try Younique Moodstruck Precision Pencil Lip Liner in Primal , SRP: $15 and Younique Moodstruck Opulence Lipstick in Stinkin’ Rich , SRP: $19).
Hair: For this slick, triple bun style, start by using a comb to divide hair into a series of severe parts. Use an elastic band to tie the top hair into a ponytail and proceed to include the hair into the next layers ponytail. For the third and last part, twist hair around finger until it coils up. Use bobby pins to secure hair in a low knotted bun. For extra hold and shine, use a lightweight gel to keep hair in place night (Try La Bella Max Hold Styling Gel , SRP: $2.59).
Disclaimer: I received products samples in exchange for this post, however, any opinions are my own.