A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Jillian Halouska styles Claire Foy for the Met Gala 2017
At the 2017 Met Gala, Claire Foy’s hair made a statement about in-betweeness. Claire’s look by Jillian Halouska, celebrated the style that Rei Kawakubo, Comme des Garçons designer and 2017 Met Gala honoree is known for.
Inspiration: Jillian Halouska took inspiration from Rei’s work to create a look that was feminine and structured but also had some edge.
- To start, apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Clearly Defined Styling Gel on wet hair
- Next, using a rat tail comb, create a severe side part and section a piece of the hair in the front
- Begin to brush the rest of the hair using a boar brush (leaving the front sectioned area aside) into a ponytail and secure it with a bungee hair tie
- Apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength Serum to the ponytail, working from the top to the ends of the hair to prevent any flyaways and frizz
- To create the sculptural look, take a long piece of leather and satin and secure it to the ponytail using bobby pins
- Then, take the sectioned hair from the front and comb it back and wrap it around the bungee to hide the elastic, pins and pieces
- Wrap the two pieces around the hair working down to the ends and secure it at the bottom with a pin
- To finish and lock in the style, spray John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray
With this year’s Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons theme for the much anticipated MET Gala, Claire Dane’s was guaranteed to kill the carpet! Celebrity hairstylist, Peter Butler, worked his magic for Claire’s architecturally couture look with the BEST products from Schwarzkopf GLISS and göt2b to express her style and individuality with care!
See below for the “Get the Look” from Peter with Schwarzkopf GLISS and göt2b products he used on Claire!
“GET THE LOOK” FROM PETER BUTLER:
- Claire Danes’ MET look was inspired by an architecturally couture look from Monse. Her hair complimented her effortlessly chic outfit by being pulled up into a loose knot with some strands framing her face.
- Her hair was prepared the night before with a Schwarzkopf GLISS Ultimate Repair Anti-Damage Mask to be in the best shape possible for the big day.
- I set the hair after a rough blow dry, using my hands and some göt2b Volumaniac Hairspray for texture and volume.
- Then I used a 1 3/4 inch curling iron to create added volume away from her face.
- I combed out the set of curls with my hands and used an elastic bungee to tie her hair back into a knot.
- With a little göt2b defiant shine pomade, I smoothed over her fly aways which added separation and attitude…the perfect touch!
- To finish the look I used the göt2b Glam Force High Hold Hairspray before putting in an antique jewelry broach as special request from the designer.
She looks elegant and edgy and I am thrilled!
PRODUCTS USED FROM Schwarzkopf GLISS and göt2b:
Schwarzkopf GLISS™ Ultimate Repair Anti-Damage Mask
GLISS™ Ultimate Repair Anti-Damage Mask uses a high-performance formula with 3X liquid Keratin to precisely repair damaged hair and replaces lost Keratin leaving your hair restored and combable.
- Deep reconstruction of hair structure with Keratin
- Up to 90% stronger hair
Schwarzkopf Stylist Tip: For maximum results, cover treated hair with a bath cap and wrap head using a warm towel. Leave on for a maximum of 15 minutes for intense treatment. Rinse with cool water to close the cuticle locking in the caring ingredients provided by this nourishing deep treatment. Use 2-3 times per week.
göt2b Volumaniac Bodifying hairspray
This volumizing spray immediately locks in volume with enough hold for that drama that you crave. How to use: Hold 8-10 inches from hair. Spray evenly over hair for an all over hold or spot spray and use hands to create extra volume. Re-spray after styling to hold dry finished style.
göt2b defiant define & shine pomade
Whip your style into submission with the ultimate pomade to spike hair high or slick it down. Define it and shine it… Make it style your way! Work through damp or dry hair to deliver firm hold and super shine.
göt2b Glam Force High Hold Hairspray
A fine, humidity-resistant mist that provides a secure yet flexible hold with moveability and lasting memory effect.
How to use: Hold 8-10 inches from hair. Spray evenly over hair for an all over hold or spot spray. Use hands to create extended volume. Re-spray after styling to hold dry, finished style.
Find these products at: mass retailers near you!
What did you think of all of that glamour at the Met Gala? One of my favorite looks of that night was that of Claire Danes. She looked STUNNING!
Claire’s hairstylist, Peter Butler, shared his “how to” for achieving her hairstyle using Infusium 23 Repair + Renew Collection and PRO Beauty Tools.
- Start with washing the hair using Infusium 23 Repair + Renew Shampoo, followed by treating the hair with Infusium 23 Repair + Renew Conditioner.
- After towel drying, spray the Infusium 23 Repair + Renew Leave-In Treatment to protect from heat and styling, tame fly-aways and also get that undeniable shine!
- Next, blow dry the hair using the PRO Beauty Tools 1875W Ionic AC Motor and a round brush going away from the face.
- Use PRO Beauty Tools 1 ¼ Curling Iron just around the hairline to give hair beautiful glam curls. Then run fingers through the hair lightly to break it up.
- Finally, pull hair back smoothly into a low pony tail. Twist the ponytail into a loose knot and secure with bobby pins for that final look.
Infusium 23 Repair + Renew Shampoo is rich with intensive hair-healthy ingredients to strengthen and reveal hair’s true beauty. The i-23 Complex®, enriched with provitamins, proteins and amino acids, pampers and promotes soft, healthy-looking, manageable hair.
Price: $6.99/16 oz.
Infusium 23 Repair + Renew Conditioner is reinforced with hair-healthy conditioners and shine enhancers to recharge, renew and deeply treat dull, damaged, stressed-out hair.
Price: $6.99/16 oz.
Infusium 23 Repair + Renew Leave-In Treatment reduces split ends and tames fly-aways. Improves the quality of hair over time and protects against breakages. Instantly detangles wet or dry hair.
Price: $6.99/8 oz.
PRO Beauty Tools 1875W Ionic AC Motor Dryer which uses Ionic Technology to expose strands to less heat and in turn, less damage, while retaining natural moistures for silky, frizz-free styles.
Price : $39.99
Availability : Target.com
PRO Beauty Tools 24K Gold Plated Curling Irons provide advanced heat technology ideal for curling all hair types. The high direct heat styles hair quickly resulting in less heat damage from prolonged exposure to the curling iron.
Price : $21.99
Availability : Target.com
*product received. All opinions are my own.