A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Divorce is never an easy process for anyone involved, including when a loved one is going through it. It can be heartbreaking to see someone who you care about experience trying times. The upside is that you can be there to support them and cheer them so they can get through it in one piece.
There’s no right or wrong way to be there for someone else, but there are best practices to help make sure you’re making their situation easier on them. It’s important you stay positive and continue to tell them all is going to be okay as they work through their emotions.
Help Them Find A Lawyer
One way you can support a loved one who’s going through a divorce is to help them find a lawyer. You can go online to find and get in touch with family law solicitors who are experts in this area and can offer up useful advice. They will be by your side and try their hardest to ensure you achieve a successful outcome for you and your family.
Cook Them Meals
It can be difficult to take care of yourself and eat healthy when you’re going through a divorce. What will help your loved one out is if you cook for them and bring over delicious and nutritious meals they can enjoy. This will take some of the stress they’re feeling off their shoulders and allow them to continue caring for their kids even when involved in this type of situation. Although it’s a small gesture, this kind of thoughtfulness is sure to go a long way.
Be there to Listen
What’s most important is that you’re there for your loved one and lend an open ear to listen. Try to stay away from passing any judgments or offering advice when they aren’t in the mood to receive it. Simply let them know you’re available to hear them out and take in any information they’re willing to share. It may help to invite them over for coffee or go on a walk so you two can discuss what’s going on in private without distractions.
Practice Gratitude Together
You can support your loved one who’s going through a divorce by practicing gratitude together. Remind them about all they do have going for them and all the blessings already in their life. This type of exercise will help you each to see that you have a lot to be thankful for and will allow you both to keep your spirits high. Encourage your loved one to keep a journal or write down and review a list of daily items they feel grateful for.
You being there for your loved one will certainly help them out during this difficult time. While divorce is never easy, it is possible to get through it with the right approach and tools. Use this advice so you can better support your loved one and strive to make the situation a bit easier on them.
A favorite in the UK and preferred brand of A-listers Victoria Beckham, Kate Middleton, Kate Hudson, Gwyneth Paltrow and Michelle Pfeiffer, Heaven by Deborah Mitchell is a range of all-natural and organic products for the skin and body. Deborah Mitchell, founder of Heaven has over 25 years of experience as a skincare expert and has created a unique approach to skin with her extensive knowledge of ancient herbal remedies.
New Edition Cleansing Cream
- The first bee venom cleanser in the World
- Anti-aging benefits
- For all ages
- Cleanses skin and eyes
- Removes make-up
- A natural botulinum injectable alternative in a cleanser
Price: $23.25 - $96.26
Chamomile Desensitizing Hydrogel
- Especially good for extremely sensitive skin, spots, acne, acne rosacea
- Anti-allergenic, desensitizing and anti-inflammatory
- Helps to normalize skin
- Helps to desensitize skin so it will no longer be sensitive to further skin care products
- Helps reduce irritation within acne and acne rosacea
- Hydrates with gentle firming
- De-puffs eye area and helps fight appearance of fine lines
- Can be used as a primer before make up
Price: $23.25 - $123.15
Orange Flower Cell Renewal Hydrogel
- Renews skin cells
- Penetrates skin from the inside out
- Keeps skin clear and smooth
- Rejuvenates and heals skin tissue
- Maintains healthy youthful skin by promoting collagen
- Helps regenerated cells come to the surface
- Leaves skin looking younger
- Restores balance
- Works as an exfoliant and plumps up the skin
Price: $23.25 – $85.25
- Helps open pores and black heads
- Helps to balance oils in oily skin
- Due to its non-drying formula, anyone can use this product
- Helps to repair skin tissue
- So light and intensively moisturizing
- Helps with skin pigment
- Suitable for young or old skin
- Rich to help dry skin and blemishes appearing over oily skin, but non-greasy
- Works to preserve tissues
Price: $23.25 - $58.59
Silver Bee Venom Mask
- Contains bee venom that works to control the facial muscles for immediate lifting, tightening and firming, while getting to work on frown lines and wrinkles
- Formula features natural ABEETOXIN, a natural alternative to injectable botulism poison
- Instant anti-ageing effect
- Firms and releases collagen
- Relaxes muscles
- An analgesic (helps with pain)
Price: $15.50 - $171.59
Overnight Success Oxygen Cream
- Helps to plump up fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases elasticity and collagen production within the skin
- Contains oxygen and carbon dioxide which fizzes the your skin when applied, which detoxifies skin while you sleep and leaves skin feeling like velvet
- Releases oxygen in the skin
- Repairs damaged skin
- Will keep blemishes and acne away
- Helps with rosacea
Price: $15.50 – $190.34
My thoughts: I was sent samples of these products for review, and I am completely in love with this line of skin care! Heaven by Deborah Mitchell is so unlike any other brand I have ever tried. I can actually feel the products working. My lines just seem to vanish and the creams are ultra rich and heavenly feeling. I don't think my skin has ever looked this good!
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.