Healthy Life Hacks for the New Year
Let's face it, in a dream world it would be nice to work out and eat healthy each and every day, but it's not that easy and frankly life is just too sweet to not indulge every so often. Luckily, incorporating small and easy tricks that don’t require much effort into your daily routine can help make your life better and healthier in the long run :
- OPT FOR THE STAIRS - Sometimes it's tough to get in a work out each day, but incorporating small rigorous tasks such as taking the stairs vs the elevator each morning will burn easy calories.
- BRING LUNCH - It's nice to eat out once and awhile but on a daily basis, you'll save hundreds of calories by preparing your own lunch at work vs ordering out. Not to mention, you'll save on cash as well!
- WORKOUT WHILE YOU WATCH TV - While commercials air during your favorite show, stand up and do 25 squats and/or push ups. An easy way to burn calories while doing something you enjoy.
- DRINK TEA VS SODA AND JUICES - Today, tea's come in a variety of forms and delicious flavors, and have minimal to zero calories. Swap out your daily soda for hot or iced tea. DAVIDsTEA has countless options that don't slack on flavor.
- BRUSH SMART - Brushing daily with a plaque-identifying toothpaste will help improve the health and well-being of your entire body. Plaque HD is the first plaque-identifying toothpaste that helps identify and remove all traces of plaque in the convenience of your home. A recent study published in the American Journal of Medicine links regular use of Plaque HD to a statistically significant reduction in both dental plaque, as well as inflammation as measured by hs-CRP, a sensitive marker for cardiovascular disease!
I received a sample of Plaque HD plaque-identifying toothpaste to review. I thought it was so interesting because it is so, well, blue! My teeth look like Smurf teeth when I start to brush. (I don't have a picture of that, I am sorry.)
Why is this toothpaste so blue in color? There is a reason for that. The blue color sticks to plaque. By using color to visually identify plaque this allows you to concentrate your brushing where it is needed most. Makes sense, doesn't it?
- Place a small amount of toothpaste on your toothbrush
- Brush normally
- Continue to look in the mirror as you are brushing, noting and ensuring that you remove all traces of green/teal color
- Once you have completed a thorough brushing and rinsing routine, the green/teal color will be brushed away and no longer be present
- Smile and feel confident you have done a great job brushing
I love the minty taste. I appreciate Plaque HD, because my children are certainly able to brush more thoroughly without my constant supervision. It is actually fun for my ten year old son to brush now.
For more information, please go to: http://plaquehd.com/
*Product received. All opinions are my own.