Does Nutrisystem Actually Help Men Lose Weight?
Does Nutrisystem Actually Help Men Lose Weight?
Nutrisystem diet is meal plan designed to reduce your body weight. The company that offers this diet system provides you with every food you need for your three daily meals, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The company delivers the meals to your home and its meal plans are specific to particular groups of people, including men, women, diabetics, and vegetarians.
Although the meals for women are cheaper than those of men, an extra snack is always included in the men’s meal. Nutrisystem meals are either simple to assemble or ready-made. The meals are preportioned, frozen, and fully prepared; hence, you do not need to create your own a balanced diet plan.
How Nutrisystem Works
Nutrisystem for men offers at least 150 food item choices. About 120 of these items are preservative-free and have low sodium content. They are also free of trans fat, which is widely regarded by many dieticians as the worst fat you can eat. Examples of Nutrisystem choices that may be suitable for your weight loss include chicken parmesan, cheese tortellini, and cinnamon rolls.
If you stick to Nutrisystem program, your body is likely to shed those extra pounds without restricting your eating habits. The foods have a high fiber content, as well as protein, which are essential for your weight loss. They use a lot of complex carbohydrates to prevent food cravings and regulate your blood glucose. You need to limit or avoid alcohol intake during your Nutrisystem diet program.
Different Nutrisystem plans include:
1. Basic Plan
This runs for 28 days and you can shed up to 13 pounds during the first month. This plan contains breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It also comes with a bar and a shake on a daily basis. Through its Turbo Takeoff system, this plan can benefit you by ensuring healthy digestion, preventing stomach bloating, and reducing your hunger. The plan also keeps your blood glucose levels stable, which prevents possible spikes between your meals.
The costs of basic plan are $9.82 per day and $11.25 per day for women and men respectively. These costs are inclusive of auto-delivery services.
2. Core Plan
This plan contains all the food choices of the basic plan, plus other more choices. With this plan, you have the advantage of getting plenty of perks, including access to experts like counselors, dieticians, and trackers. The Core Plan costs $294.99 and $334.99 for women and men respectively. The costs are also inclusive of auto-delivery. The plan has a customs version, which costs the same amounts.
3. Uniquely Yours Plan
This plan starts at $11.96 a day and contains a 150-full meal selection. The plan allows you to choose the amount of frozen meals you want. Its cost is $334.99 and $374.99 for women and men respectively. These costs include auto-delivery.
Other Nutrisystem plans include the diabetics plan and the vegetarian plan. The diabetics plan costs $9.82 $11.25 per day for women and men respectively. The vegetarian plan, on the other hand, costs $13.39 per day for men and $11.96 per day for women.
- Nutrisystem meals are relatively healthy and perfectly preportioned to facilitate the loss of your body fat, leading to fast weight loss. With this diet, you can lose 1 to 3 pounds each week. The weight loss is even faster when the diet is accompanied with regular physical exercises.
- The meal plan has high protein content, which is ideal for those who want to build muscle while losing fat at the same time.
- The plan is also beneficial to the vegetarians and diabetics, which makes it more beneficial than other non-specialty plans.
Cons of Nutrisystem
- The products from Nutrisystem may not be ideal for everyone because they can cause allergic reactions among some people. Examples of Nutrisystem products that may cause allergic reactions include wheat, eggs, tree nuts, and soy.
- Nutrisystem products are non-organic in nature; hence, they can cause harm to your health.
- The plan is very restrictive on calories, which may cause you to feel hungry most of the time, especially, if you are exercising. This may be risky to your health.
- It has low quality ingredients since it contains more of processed sugar and preservatives. This makes the plan unsuitable for those sensitive to such ingredients.
Comparison of Nutrisystem With Other Diets
Besides Nutrisystem, there are other weight loss programs in existence. Good examples include Medifast and Jenny Craig.
1) Nutrisystem Vs. Medifast
Both Nutrisystem and Medifast programs are customizable and have a range of plans for women, men, diabetics, and vegetarians. They also provide shakes, including those meant for coronary and joint health. Additionally, they encourage their customers to supplement the meal programs with fresh groceries, including salads, fruits, and snacks.
Medifast offers approximately 100 calories less than what Nutrisystem offers on a daily basis. Since an overly fast weight loss rate may be dangerous to your health, you need a close supervision by your physician while on the Medifast program.
2) Nutrisystem Vs. Jenny Craig
Jenny Craig does not have specialty plans for vegetarians and diabetics, while Nutrisystem has them. Nutrisystem has larger food choice range of 150 foods compared to Jenny Craig’s 80. Additionally, the cost of Jenny Craig’s products and services is slightly higher than Nutrisystem’s. For instance, you have to pay for membership and delivery services at Jenny Craig, which is not the case with Nutrisystem.