A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for the BEST Gifts for your Pets
This holiday season, don't forget about your four-legged family members! Below, I have compiled some of the very best gift ideas for our pets. Most of these products have been personally tried and tested by my pets, and I highly recommend each one.
1. Kurgo Baxter Pack/ Dog Backpack My dog, Banner is fourteen years old, but still enjoys going on hikes with us. He is still strong and hasn't slowed down yet. He is so cute when he wears his Baxter Pack! We keep it light, but Banner proudly carries his own snacks, a water bottle, and a portable water dish.
This was the first time I tried it on Banner, before we adjusted it to fit him.
Get your pooch packed up and ready to go with the lightweight, tough, custom-fit Baxter Pack. Great for everyday use or backpacking adventures. Built strong to withstand rugged outdoor conditions, it has 8 different adjustment points to get the proper fit for any dog. It includes a rear-mounted leash hook that works like a harness for pups that need to be on their lead. The ergonomic padded spine support contours to the dog’s back for a comfortable fit and provides weight distribution for the two saddlebags. The pack offers space to store all of your canine's travel essentials such as food, treats, toys, first-aid supplies and travel bowls. Includes a large handle to help dogs over rock scrambles or extract them from water.
2. Kurgo Loft Dog Jacket Banner gets pretty chilly in the winter. (Who doesn't, really?) The best gift Banner ever received is his Loft Dog Jacket. First of all, he looks devilishly handsome in it! (He is a bit shy when it comes to modeling, however.) I put Banner's coat on him as soon as I let him outside in the morning. It keeps him so nice and warm.
Banner's Loft Dog Jacket fits him perfectly!
Help your dog brave those chilly fall and winter months in this reversible, quilted shell. Made from rugged Microtomic ripstop material and 140 gsm Polytech fill, this lightweight jacket is just as city worthy as it is mountain made. The water-resistant shell has a zipper opening so you can access your pup's harness to attach a leash. This dog coat is designed for athletic dogs that are going to be running, hiking and adventuring in inclement weather. Therefore, it is a more fitted coat, allowing your pup to move freely. It does not cover the entire length of most dogs and is designed to keep the core warm and dry.
3. MuttNation Guitar Strap Gusset Bed~ Word has it that Santa is bringing Banner one of these luxurious dog beds. Shhhh! Don't tell him! Banner needs to new bed upon which to rest his weary ol' bones. His old bed is kind of worn out.
The Guitar Strap Gusseted Pillow bed features a luxurious long-pile plush sleep surface and extra filling – four pounds of recycled polyfill – providing superior sleep and support for your pet. This super-sized bed (40”x29”) is designed in blue tones and accented with Miranda’s vintage guitar strap print.
4. Paby GPS Tracker for dogs and cats~ This past July, my sweet cat, Carol went missing. I didn't even know that she had gotten out of the house. Someone accidentally let her out when they were leaving for school or work. The next thing I knew, Carol was found in the road, no longer alive. If I had a PABY GPS Tracker on her collar, she might still be alive today. At least I could have discovered she was outside before anything happened.
(This is not my kitty, but her PABY GPS Tracker looks cute on her, doesn't it?)
Paby keeps its eyes on your pets. Did you know that over 10 million pets are lost each year? Paby’s advanced features include GPS, Wi-Fi, an LED light, and sound alarm help provide you with peace of mind. The Paby allows you to monitor your pet’s location in real time, and learn from their activity through a tailored fitness program for your pets.
My newest cat, Patty will soon be wearing hers because when she gets a bit older, she too, is going to try to start venturing outside, and I will be able to keep track of her.
5. Purina’s Beggin Strips and Friskies Party Mix~ Banner absolutely loves his Beggin Strips! And my sweet little kitty, Patty, loves her Friskies Party Mix.
That’s why I can’t forget about Purina’s Beggin Strips, Friskies Party Mix for their stockings. These favorites are offered in 6 ounce packs making them great for stockings and even have a ‘To’ and ‘From’ tag, so pets know who to lick and thank. The Friskies specially designed Party Mix is holiday themed with snowmen, stars and evergreen trees. www.purina.com
6. Orbee-Tuff® Holiday Balls by Planet Dog. Banner loves to play fetch! He absolutely loves his Orbee-Tuff® Holiday Ball by Planet Dog. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes to fit all winter holidays. Banner has the Snowball ball, so whether we get snow or not this winter, Banner is set!
Owners can throw a snowball indoors and outdoors, stuff their pets’ stocking with coal or give them some peace and quiet. Orbee-Tuff® balls are chewy but durable that will keep dogs entertained all season long.
7. Dog Stockings by Pet Factory~ Banner has been such a good pup this year! He truly deserves this delightful stocking filled with special treats just for him!
Filled with colorful raw-hide bones and holiday shaped treats that dogs can enjoy by the fire while the rest of the family opens presents, this makes for a convenient option for any gift-giving owner this holiday. www.petfactory.com
8. Canine companions will be in style for the holiday season with the Snowman Party Premium Collar & Leash Set from Country Brook Design. This festive set is made of durable, comfortable polyester and the collar features a metal side-release buckle with a brilliant, shiny finish.
Do you live in a blended family - Kids, Dogs and Cats? Keep them all happy and having fun this summer with Hartz! There are lots of toys from Hartz for your kids to play with your fur-babies to keep them all occupied!
We cat lovers know that our kitties like to play in different ways. “There are four primary play patterns,” says Dr. Georgette Wilson, DVM, the Director of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs and resident veterinarian at Hartz Mountain Corp. “They may stay with one pattern or alternate among different types of play. The primary play patterns for cats are Swat, Hunt, Interact and Activity”.
Katherina Rivera, Senior Brand Manager, Hartz Mountain Corp. has chosen some great Hartz toys to fit every pattern…
WHAT PLAY PATTERN DOES YOUR CAT PREFER?
- Cats that love to swat prefer playing with small toys that move or roll easily. The Roll About Mouse™ has a sisal ball and a plush head, which cats want to chase after.
- Cats that like to hunt enjoy toys that resemble other animals. Among the Hartz, favorites are the Mini Mice™ and Chirping Bird™
- Cats that like interacting with their owners enjoy playing with wands. Toys that fit the bill include Twirl and Whirl® and Gone Fishin’®
- Activity craving cats like to preoccupy themselves with activity centers, hiding places and toys with scratchers
My cat Carol, loves anything that moves, including my fingers when I text, and that is painful! I had to re-direct Carol's playful energy with some toys from Hartz, and so far, she is keeping busy swatting at her Twirl and Whirl, as well as her Gone Fishin toys. I attached some fishing line to the Mini Mice toys, and my son, Braxton loves to entertain her by pulling it around the house for her to chase. Carol has never been outside to hunt, but I am certain she would be good at it!
Look at this crazy kitty!
Dogs like to play in different ways, and we as pet parents are attuned to their needs. “There are four primary play patterns,” says Dr. Georgette Wilson, DVM, the Director of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs and resident veterinarian at Hartz Mountain Corp. “Some dogs may have one favorite way of playing, others alternate among different types of play. The main play patterns are Toss & Retrieve, Tug, Comfort & Security, and Chew.”
WHAT PLAY PATTERN DOES YOUR DOG PREFER?
- Dogs that like to engage in Toss And Retrieve play enjoy the Hartz Dura Play® Ball and the Hartz Tuff Stuff® Flyer™
- Dogs craving Comfort and Security turn to plush toys such as the Quackers®
- Those that love to Chew the night away opt for the Hartz Chew ‘n Clean® Tuff Bone® (comes in different sizes)
My dog, Banner is a fetch kind of guy. His favorite toys are the Hartz Dura Play Ball, and he loves to carry around his Nose Divers Duck. He doesn't use it for tug of war, he simply wants you to throw it so he can fetch it. Banner is almost 14 years old, and still plays as if he is a puppy. We love Banner! We are taking him camping this weekend so he can swim in the lake.
Here is Banner, enjoying his Nose Divers Duck! He loves it!
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
This holiday season, don't forget about your furry family members. They need gifts, too! And who could be more deserving of something special? Below I would like to share some of my favorite gift ideas for my own four-legged sweeties.
For my dog Banner:
Bravo — Homestyle Complete Dinners for Dogs
Bravo freeze dried raw diets offer you an outstanding combination of nutrition and convenience. There’s no need to keep them frozen, so you can serve your dog a great-tasting, nourishing meal anywhere you go. Freeze drying simply removes the water from meat and poultry while retaining every vital nutrient in its original, bioavailable form. Just mix with warm water, wait 15 minutes and serve. That’s all it takes to prepare a healthy meal your dog will simply love!
My dog, Banner loves the pork dinner. It is his favorite meal ever! http://www.bravopetfoods.com/
Look Who’s Happy — Treats
These treats are Banner's favorite! Made with USA-raised cage free chicken, Tempt’n Tenders chicken treats are crusted with yummy goodies like carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes and blueberries. Loaded with taste, texture and aroma that’s truly unique, they’re a joy for dogs to eat! www.LookWhosHappy.com
Barkworthies — Antler Chews
Barkworthies® Elk Antler Chews are naturally odor free and the most durable dog chews out there! The hard texture of these chews naturally scrapes away plaque and tartar while your dog chews. I gave one to Banner and he ran off with it to chew on it. I have no idea where it went after that, but I am sure Banner knows. http://www.barkworthies.com/
Here is Banner, accepting his gift.
I love this picture of Banner
For my cat, Luna:
Imperial Cat — Scratch ’n Shape
With designs available to complement any home decor, Scratch ´n Shapes products provide a very attractive and eco-friendly solution to destructive scratching. Not just a scratcher, these unique play centers are also designed for sleeping, rubbing and play! I got the hanging scratcher for Luna. I hang it close to the Christmas tree in hopes that she will use it instead of playing in the Christmas tree. She has broken many pretty bulbs so far.
The scratcher came with cat nip, and that makes Luna even crazier. http://www.imperialcat.com/
This is Luna. She looks innocent, doesn't she?
This is Luna pretending to be asleep under the Christmas tree after she broke four bulbs. She might be on Santa's naughty list this year.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.