A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
Our daily shower seems pretty straight forward, right? But odds are, at least one step in your well-meaning routine unintentionally leaves your skin or hair worse for wear.
For anyone who’s ever gotten that dry, tight feeling, an itchy scalp, irritation or redness after a shower, these five common shower mistakes are likely culprits that unintentionally strip skin of oils and throw the skin’s pH balance out of whack. Fortunately, the fixes are simple! Spending five minutes to optimize your cleaning routine makes can leave your body balanced and refreshed:
- Mistake #1: Overdosing on Shampoo. Ninety-three percent of the country’s adults shampoo almost daily, according to market research firm Mintel. But so much washing strips hair’s natural oils, drying and weakening the strands and irritating the scalp. Dermatologists lathering up just 3 to 4 times per week (or less!) with just a dime sized dollop of soap free shampoo, and only rinsing hair on other days. If you can’t resist washing daily, make sure to choose a pH balanced formula like Sebamed Scalp Activating Shampoo ($15.49 at SebamedUSA.com), as balanced formulations which won’t strip hair of oils.
- Mistake #2: Washing with Soap and Hot Water. They may seem innocent, but traditional soap bars can have a pH of up to 9, leaving skin dry, tight and vulnerable to damage. Ditch the soap and switch to a soap-free cleansing bar or soap-free milky cleanser for both the face and body, like Sebamed Liquid Face and Body Wash ($19.95 at SebamedUSA.com).
- Mistake #3: A Sudsy Shave. Shaving with foam and water alone may protect from cuts, but foam isn’t protective enough to defend against razor burn and redness, especially if you’re using hot water. If skin is dry, try using your hair conditioner as an alternative shaving aid. It hydrates and sinks deep within skin to prevent nicks, cuts and razor burn, but its smooth consistency won’t clog your razor, as long as you rinse.
- Mistake #4: Using Your Regular Body Wash on Intimate Areas. The intimate area’s ideal pH is actually different than the rest of our skin (3.8 as opposed to 5.5) and regular soaps and showers, certain clothing, diet and even sex all affect that balance. Stock your shower with a product like Sebamed Feminine Intimate Wash ($15.49 at SebamedUSA.com) that’s specifically formulated at pH 3.8 to balance the delicate pH down there, making it easy to stay fresh, healthy and happy by protecting against imbalances that trigger infections and odors.
- Mistake #5: Not Moisturizing Immediately After Your Shower. After a hot shower, you have three minutes before your body loses essential moisture. To prevent dry, crackly, irritated skin, store a body lotion in your shower and apply all over while skin is still damp.
I use Sebamed products in my shower every night, and the body lotion afterwards. My skin is responding very well and feels very moisturized and pampered. I love my Sebamed body care products and I trust them to keep my skin healthy.
Disclaimer: I received samples of these products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.
Love Your Life Lines Deep Line Reducer - Double Trouble For Wrinkles!
I will never 'Love' any lines I have on my face, even if they supposedly help me 'build character.' Nope, it is not something I will ever be ready to embrace. I was starting to get a couple of deep lines between my eyebrows that I was truly resenting. I was even considering Botox.
When I got the opportunity to review Mama Mio Love Your Life Lines High Protien Deep Line Reducer, I was thrilled! After reading many positive reviews on this product, I was excited to give it a try. As soon as I opened the box, I pumped a little bit of the product onto my finger tips and applied it on to my trouble zone. (Between my brows.)
Almost instantly I saw that my lines seemed to fill in, and they looked much less noticeable. I began to use it in the morning after I washed my face, and again at night before I applied my nightly face cream. It has only been 8 weeks since I have been using this product, and I do not even have those ugly brow creases at all anymore! Yay!
You can't see my brow creases anymore!
How Does Mama Mio Love Your Life Lines Deep Line Treatment Work? (taken from their website)
Our powerful age-defying, light –reflecting cream works to smooth out and diminish existing lines and wrinkles, helping with deep level repair whilst protecting against new lines forming. High Protein Face Care and 60 seconds of Face Fitness. (It comes with a book of facial exercises that will help you tone up your face to prevent sagginess.)
Love Your Life Lines is a product of two halves – Love Your Life Lines PLUS 60 seconds of Mama Mio Face Fitness. You are going to lift, tone and nourish your skin AND lift, tone and energise the muscles attached to your skin.
1. Love Your Life Lines
Gets right in the groove with high percentages of wrinkle fighting, collagen boosting ingredients - peptides, amino acids, algae extracts, antioxidants, vitamin and grape stem cell technologies blended with skin balancing pre+probiotics and light reflectors to diffuse existing deep lines. Very concentrated and moisturising, so half a pump goes a long way
Disclaimer: I received samples of the products mentioned above to test and to keep. The opinions are my own.