The season of gifting is for all the loved ones who have made this year a happier place for us, so why should we leave pets behind? Our beloved furry children have all the love to give with no expectations in return, perhaps except for some cuddles! When we decorate our Christmas tree, there are thoughtful gifts for all put under it. From extended family and friends to our children. Since all of us are doting fur-parents too, we’re sure everyone plans on spoiling their pets this weekend! If you’re still looking for affordable gifts that you can get your pets, we have helpful ideas for you! Gifting doesn’t have to be expensive; it just needs to be well-thought of! Consider our top five picks for your pets and watch them go bonkers with excitement!
1) Chew toys: Be it dogs or cats, one thing the both of them are equally passionate about are chew toys. There are hundreds of different kinds of chew toys that you can purchase; some come with bells while the others squeak. As per our experience, cats prefer bells and tinkling sounds rather than squeaky toys, so make sure to get them a feathery toy they can stalk and chase. Dogs are deer little saints that brighten the entire room with their goofiness. Get them a squeaky toy with treats inside and watch them get obsessed over your gift through the next week!
2) Edible goodies: Edible gifts for pets are one of the best ideas since pets don’t have the drive to collect anything other than rocks, bottle caps, socks and other silly objects. Getting them treats made specifically from a personalized store or bully sticks for dogs with their name branded will give them happy zoomies like no other.
3) Scratching posts: If you’re tired of having your furniture and upholstery ripped, it’s time to get a scratching post or mat for your pets. Cats, especially, need this the most!
4) Dog bed: If you have more than one pet, you may be familiar with them encroaching upon each other’s beds even after they have a perfectly comfortable one. Well, if your dog or cat has outgrown their old bed, it’s a great gift idea to give them a new one. This can double up as a safe space for times they feel anxious or territorial and can help them calm down. There are many kinds of pet beds available that come in easily washable forms. Make sure you double check the size if you’re buying one online!
5) Pet props: Pets can be chaotic at best, and we love them for it. Getting them a cute prop is a spectacular gift idea. A tunnel or cat tree to perch will keep them busy all day while you can go about your festivities undisturbed. You’ll understand why we say this is a must-have for all pet parents; the trees can double as a play prop, bed and scratching post.
With five gifting ideas, you can get a lot of stuff purchased with a limited budget. There are more expensive gifts along the same lines that you can customize. However, we wanted to help out the parents doing their best to make Christmas 2021 a success even on a limited spend capacity. Happy holidays!