I have never loved the transition from summer into fall. It always means shorter days, cooler weather and the start of SCHOOL! I did not enjoy school! And although I haven’t been to school in years, I now have to face getting my reluctant 14 year -old son out of bed and out the door. (It has always been a huge struggle to get him motivated, so I welcome any helpful tips!) I am not looking forward to the stress!
This year, however, I have decided to focus on the BEST things that Autumn brings. When I start to feel those seasonal blues, I try to remember the wonderful things about fall, and here are five of my favorites:
1. Cute Boots and Cozy Sweaters– As much as I love the warmer weather of summer, my wardrobe is limited to t-shirts, shorts and flip flops. And as much as I love to show off a little skin in the summer months, that means I have to shave my legs every single day- (unless I want to be a hairy gorilla by noon.) I also must keep up my faux glow, (as to not scare everyone off by my naturally pale legs) with my sunless tanning products. And my toenails ALWAYS needed to be polished if I am going to show off my toes. I swear, it is such high maintenance for me to dress for summer. At least with the temperatures cooling down, I can pull out my favorite jeans, boots and comfy sweaters and be ready to go! I LOVE my fall wardrobe!
2. It’s Tailgating Season! That rite of fall signaling the kickoff of football parties and major holidays running straight through the year’s end. Tailgating usually brings to mind wings, ribs, burgers and plenty of beer! Melvin Brewing is the perfect brew for family and all beer lovers alike. (Fun Fact- I had never even tasted beer until I was 26 years old.)
3. The Beautiful Colors of the Leaves– The world transforms into breathtaking hues of red, orange and gold. I love driving down the road to and from my home and experiencing the lovely colors of nature as the leaves start changing. Even the sunsets seem to become more spectacular with shades of pink and purple painting the sky.
4. Pumpkin Spice and Apple Cider! Pumpkin spice lattes, milkshakes, candles…..need I say more? There’s just something so comforting and homey about the scent of Pumpkin spice, and a nice hot mug of spiced cider when the weather starts to get chilly.
5. Bonfires- I really think that the one thing that I am looking forward to the most is a warm, inviting bonfire. After waiting all summer long for the fire bans to be lifted, it feels great to be able to sit around a nice bonfire with family and friends. There’s nothing quite as relaxing as sitting around the fire, enjoying the company of my favorite people, making s’mores and drinking my favorite beer. All while snuggling into a warm, soft hoodie. What are your favorite things about fall?