A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
This bitter cold winter weather is definitely taking its toll on my skin. This is the coldest winter I have experienced in years! My skin is getting dry, chapped and sore.(Especially my hands and my face.) I can't rely on my normal moisturizers to protect and heal my skin, so I reach for my Zim’s Max Crack Creme. I am so thankful that I discovered it!
Originally developed over 60 years ago to treat cement workers cracked, dry hands and feet, Zim’s Max Crack Creme is a naturally based herbal formula perfect for softening and moisturizing your rough skin and tough patches on your elbows and feet. Paired with an affordable price, this is one cold weather item you won’t want to be without!
Simply massage a small amount of Zim’s Crack Creme where needed a few times a day and you’ll be well on your way to softer, smoother skin.
I received samples of Zim’s Max Crack Creme Original Liquid Formula and Zim’s Max Crack Creme Creamy Daytime Formula to review. (Shown below.)
Due to the extremely frigid temperatures we have been experiencing since mid-December, my otherwise healthy skin became rough, dry and very sore. I had developed red, raw dry marks on my face that looked awful.
The cold wind really chapped my face. I tried my regular daytime moisturizer and even vaseline, to no avail. Thankfully, I had Zim's Original liquid Crack Cream on hand and decided to apply a bit of the liquid formula to my face right before bed. To my utter amazement, my red dry marks looked much better when I awoke the next morning.
Now I apply it before I attempt an outing in this winter wonderland. As for my rough, grizzly looking hands, I apply my Zim's Crack Cream and keep applying it throughout the day. It has restored life back into my red, scaley hands.
Zim’s Max Crack Creme is available online at www.ZimsUSA.com
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
DYI- Define Your Inspiration: The Fashionable Fitness
Apparel to Help you Reach your Fitness Goals in this New Year
Define Your Inspiration is a company that not only makes fabulous athletic apparel, but they are also a company with integrity and determination to empower women! In a world with so much extremeness in fitness, creator Leslie Denby, started DYI to help women break boundaries through exercising!
With a background as a fitness instructor and fashion, Denby understood the limitations that some work out clothing came with and wanted to design a line of clothing that comfortably and fashionably allows you to be yourself. Having a line of clothing that makes you look amazing and feel great will help you to achieve DYI’s main goals- to be physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually balanced.
Define Your Inspiration Proudly Features:
- Clothing Designed and Made in the Houston, Texas
- High Waisted and No Elastic Waisted Bottoms
- Fashionable and Breathable Tanks and Tees
- Supportive Sports Bras
- Stylish Jackets and Pullovers
- Fun Colors and Designs
- And More!
I have a few New Year's Resolutions this year, and my top two include diet and exercise. To help inspire my fitness goals, I needed the perfect workout wear. Thankfully I received two pairs of DIY apparel to review. I was sent a pair of
Midnight Orchid Signature Tights and a pair of Burgundy Butterfly Effect Signature Tights to review. (both shown below in photos from their website.)
They are the softest pairs of high waisted workout leggings I have ever worn. These full length tights are made of high compression, high performance, high end fabric that wicks away sweat and keeps me dry. The fabric is also highly breathable.
I love the wide high waist and reinforced waistband that holds in my tummy, but still allows me to move freely. They are so comfortable, that I could wear them all day long! They are adorable and stylish, too. I have received many compliments on them.
ABOUT DEFINE YOUR INSPIRATION
DYI I Define Your Inspiration is an activewear and lifestyle apparel brand with the perfect fusion of fashion, performance and function. What inspires you to move? Whether you’re inspired by a maximum intensity sweat session, strength training, or a rejuvenating yoga class, DYI designs apparel specifically for your state of mind. The DYI brand brings together fashionable clothing and healthy living in a unique way. It isn’t just clothing, but a mindset, a philosophy and a movement! It’s about living a happy, active and balanced life by doing things that inspire you!
Define Your Inspiration today and shop DYI at www.shopdyi.com.
* Product received. All opinions are my own.
Get a sexy pout this weekend – without the needles! Introducing Violent Lips' newest innovation – the InstaPlumper.
Created by sisters Isabella and Sophia Haddad (19 and 15 years old), the InstaPlumper by Violent Lips is a safe, new alternative to lip fillers, and the first-ever lip plumping appliqué. The longer you can take the tingle, the bigger and bolder your results. Made with 6 natural ingredients to deliver the ultimate plumping power, InstaPlumper lasts up to 8 hours and will leave you with lips that rival the look of professional injections.
This product just launched on ViolentLips.com, and costs $18 for a pack of 8 applications.
*product en route.
The Golden Globes red carpet was filled with amazing beauty trends, and lips made one of the biggest statements. These lip products from PUR, Avon, and Finding Ferdinand will help you achieve these celebrity looks.
NEW PUR VELVET MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK IN OBSESSED ($18.00) – Sheer lips were the hottest trend Sunday night, and this matte liquid lipstick will give you a subtle and smooth tint that lasts all night long, just like Emma Stone’s pout.
NEW AVON TRUE COLOR NOURISHING LIPSTICK IN BERRY SANGRIA ($8.00) – Anna Kendrick rocked a bold lip on the red carpet using Berry Sangria to make a statement while keeping her lips hydrated all night.
AVAILABILITY: Later this month on Avon.com or through your local Avon Representative
FINDING FERDINAND CUSTOMIZED MINI LIPSTICKS ($6.00) – If you are unsure what trend is best for you, designing your own lipstick from Finding Ferdinand allows for you to create a look that’s uniquely your own.
AVAILABILITY: create your own online at findingferdinand.com
*Product en route, any opinions are my own.
THE TOP HAIR TREND PREDICTIONS FOR 2017
FROM JOHN FRIEDA
The New Year is here, and that means a fresh start to everything, including your hair! These products will help keep you and your hair trending for 2017. See below for ideas on how to achieve these looks.
THE LOOK: HEALTHY , SHINY HAIR
HOW TO ACHIEVE: This year, super healthy looking hair is all the rage. Whether your hair is short or long, creating glossy, wavy and healthy looking hair is what will be on trend. To achieve this look, use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner like the NEW John Frieda Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Shampoo and Conditioner to give hair an immediate dose of moisture in the shower. Colour need a boost? Try a clear at home gloss on any hair color—apply John Frieda Hair Care Luminous Glaze Clear Shine once a week to add intense shine to hair.
THE LOOK: SOFT WAVES
HOW TO ACHIEVE: In addition to the shiny hair trend, soft waves are also in style for 2017. Creating these waves adds tons of volume and instantly enhances your look. Create these soft, natural looking waves by using John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Air-Dry Waves Styling Foam.
THE LOOK: NATURAL OMBRE HOW TO ACHIEVE: Celebrity Colour and Hair Stylist Corinne Adams of Serge Normant at John Frieda Salon says that ombre hair is still trending right now, “Natural blonde and brunette ombre hair is still on trend, and we’re seeing it everywhere so far in 2017. By using John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter, Visibly Deeper, or Sheer Blonde Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatments, you subtly lighten or deepen your hair color without having to consistently visit the salon for touch ups. Because the Treatments only take hair one shade deeper or brighter, the end result is extremely natural—simply an enhanced version of your normal shade.”
AVAILABILITY: Food, drug and mass retailers nationwide
*Product en route. All opinions are my own.
New Year/New You
Happy New Year! Sally Hansen and Rimmel London are starting off the year fresh with new products that are sure to revamp your look instantly. Give your nails a much needed boost with the new Sally Hansen Moisture Rehab Overnight Nail Serum and for your lips, Rimmel London will give you that much needed long wearing dose of color for the New Year with their new Only 1 Matte Lipstick.
WAKE UP TO HEALTHIER, HYDRATED NAILS:
SALLY HANSEN LAUNCHES MOISTURE REHAB™ OVERNIGHT NAIL SERUM
This bedtime boost treats nails and cuticles to hydration with nutrient-rich actives, all in one luxe formula.
It’s time for a nail intervention! Flawless color laydown starts with healthy, moisturized nails. Overnight moisturizing treatments work wonders for skin and hair, and now nails and cuticles can benefit from the rejuvenating results. Introducing Sally Hansen Moisture Rehab™, our first overnight nail serum that contains moisture and nutrient rich extracts for intense nail and cuticle restoration. This brush-on, luxurious formula, featuring a blend of black orchid, açai and algae actives and humectants, helps hydrate and rejuvenate severely dry or weak nails. The lightweight, serum formula leaves nails ready for rest and repair, so you can awaken to stronger, replenished and healthier-looking nails and cuticles.
“Based on my expertise, Moisture Rehab is a great product for delivering moisturization overnight to address issues of dryness and dehydration. This improves the overall manicure, enhancing smooth color laydown, increasing nail flexibility to avoid chipping and making the finished product more beautiful,” says Madeline Poole, Sally Hansen Global Color Ambassador.
To use, apply the serum to bare fingers and toenails or over a dried manicure and gently massage. It’s the sleeping beauty secret for ravishingly resilient nails!
Price & Availability: Sally Hansen Moisture Rehab™ Overnight Nail Serum will be available January 2016 for $9.99 each at drugstores nationwide.
NEW! RIMMEL LONDON THE ONLY 1 MATTE LIPSTICK
The lipstick revolution goes matte! Rimmel London introduces The Only 1 Matte Lipstick, a new-generation, all-in-one matte lipstick that delivers long-lasting, non-drying colour, moisture and wear. It’s Matte lipstick that lets you have it all in one. No compromise.
Rimmel is powering the matte revolution with a new volatile hybrid formula that’s been specially developed to meet your every lipstick need:
COMFORT & MOISTURE: A light emollient oil is combined with a liquid polymer to provide the comfortable, moisturising feel throughout wear. Feels so good!
NON-DRYING: The oil is absorbed on application, creating a thin film between the skin and the pigment and banishing that irritating dry sensation often felt with matte lipsticks.
LONG-LASTING COLOR: The formula features volatile silicon to give a smooth and even colour release, which helps to set the lipstick for superior colour wear.
AVAILABLE IN 10 NEW MATTE SHADES (listed in order of images) :Leader of The Pink, Call The Shots, Salute, High Flyer, Take The Stage, Keep It Coral, Trendsetter, Look Who's Talking, Run The Show and The Matte Factory
*Product en route, any opinions are my own.
Gregory Russell styles Lily Collins for the Golden Globe Awards 2017
For the 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards, Lily Collins’ hair made a modern princess statement.
Inspiration: Gregory was inspired by Lily's beautiful beaded Zuhair Murad gown to create a voluminous textured updo with braided details
- To start, apply a golf ball sized amount of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse on the roots for lasting volume, and then another golf ball sized amount to the lengths of the hair for body
- Then, brush through and begin blowing the hair out with a multi-bristle brush and setting the “mohawk” section on velcro rollers securing each with a duckbill clip
- Once cooled, start curling hair with a 1.25" barrel, spraying each section with John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray before curling
- Then, curl the mohawk section away from the face and fasten each curl with a duckbill clip
- While the hair cools, spray the roots with the new John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Refresh Dry Shampoo to add lift and texture
- Next, remove the clips, brush out and section out 1" of the perimeter of the hair all the way around the head
- Add a pearl sized amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Creme to the remaining hair and secure it with a bungee hair tie at the crown of the head
- Then, work through the lengths to define and pin the curls up to create a voluminous messy bun
- Take selected pieces from the perimeter and pin back, leaving some wispy face framing pieces out
- Braid the remaining hair into a fishtail pulling it slightly apart for texture and shape. Fasten it around the bun with hair pins
- Finally, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray to lock in the style
Craig Gangi styles Anna Kendrick for the Golden Globe Awards 2017
On the Golden Globes red carpet, Anna Kendrick’s hair says polished elegance.
Inspiration: The Grecian Vionnet gown inspired Craig to give Anna a more polished, sleek look that would show off the one-shoulder silhouette
- To prep the hair for the sleek style, use the new John Frieda Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Shampoo and Conditioner
- Next, apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Creme on damp hair and then blowout the hair straight
- Use a rat-tail comb to create an extreme side-part and pull the hair behind the ears. For extra smoothness, flat iron the top of the hair from roots to mid-length
- Then, without sectioning off the hair, start wrapping the hair around a 2” curl barrel to create an elegant wave. Secure the look with John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray
- To prevent an flyaways and frizz, finish by applying John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Creme on the hands and combing through the hair
Make Your Statement
*Product en route, all opinions are my own.
Did you love Emily Ratajkowski’s look for the 2017 Golden Globe Awards just as much as we did? Recreate her hairstyle with Cuvée Beauty’s Champagne Spray for the ultimate tousled look!
For a lived-in, tousled look, this texture spray creates instant “second-day” hair with just a few quick spritzes. It also provides powerful antioxidant protection that conditions and strengthens hair, leaving behind locks that are perfect and piece-y. It’s safe for color and chemically treated hair, and is sulfate- and paraben-free. ($42; CuveeBeauty.com)
As a result of one wild birthday weekend in Las Vegas, Cuvée Beauty Founder Rachel Katzman ended up with champagne-soaked hair – and absolutely loved it. She couldn’t believe how silky, soft, and textured the champagne left her strands, and immediately knew that her boozy beauty discovery had to be bottled.
*Note: This celebrity is not using Cuvée Beauty products, but we wanted to show you how to get the look by using them.
*Products en route. Any opinions are my own.
Bachelor fans rejoice! As season 21 has officially kicked off, The Bachelor Wines is giving fans the chance to win airfare and tickets to a live taping of The Bachelor (and an unforgettable stay in Los Angeles).
- Take a video or snap a photo and tag #BachelorWines on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
- Click the “Enter Now” button here
Prizes will awarded weekly to the most creative and fun Bachelor viewing parties (so get your bottles now for the chance to win some Bachelor swag)!
Infusium is excited to celebrate this year’s Golden Globes with Julia Louis-Dreyfus AND Connie Britton, donning their next generation of Infusium products that transform hair heath with every use.
Renowned celebrity stylist, Matthew Monson (@matthewmonzon), worked his magic for Best Actress in a Comedy nominee, Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ effortlessly chic look, while Connie Britton’sgorgeous style was created by celebrity stylist, Enzo Angileri (@enzoangileri). Both stylists used Infusium to ensure these ladies hair stayed healthy during and even after their struts on the red-carpet.
See below for the “How To’s” from Matthew and Enzo, and the Infusium products they used:
“GET THE LOOK” FROM MATTHEW MONZON:
- For Julia Louis Dreyfus’ look tonight I wanted her hair to look soft, shiny and stunning.
- First, I washed and conditioned her hair with the Infusium Repair + Renew Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Next, to protect her hair from any damage, I sprayed Infusium Repair + Renew Leave-In Treatment from mid shaft through the ends combing through with a wide toothcomb.
- Then I took a quarter size amount of Infusium Repair + Renew Leave-In Crème emulsified in my hands, and worked through the last 3 inches of the hair to help eliminate frizz and flyaways.
- I started drying her hair using just my hands, and lifting her strands for texture and root volume. After it was half way dry, I incorporated a round brush to finish and create even more volume.
- To keep with Julia’s signature style, I created a strong center part with a tailcomb. Then separated her hair into large sections, and starting curling using a large barrel iron for a more tousled feeling.
- To finish the look, I used the Infusium Repair + Renew Smoothing Serum to smooth over the ends and give a bit more definition to the hair.
“GET THE LOOK” FROM ENZO ANGILERI:
- I wanted Connie’s style to look elegant, shiny and smooth.
- I started by washing and conditioning her hair with the Infusium Repair + Renew Shampoo and Conditioner.
- While her hair was still wet, I parted the hair down the middle and then sprayed Infusium Repair + Renew Leave-In Treatment to the ends of her hair.
- Then I sectioned her hair into about 20 sections and starting drying with a round brush. After, I pinned each section up like a roller and let it set for about 5 minutes for volume and natural wave. I took out the pins and brushed her hair so the waves would loosen.
- Starting from the back of the head, I used a 1.5 inch curling iron and began curling the hair to accentuate the soft waves.
- When finished, I lightly brushed it out again for that natural look. I applied the Infusium Repair + Renew Smoothing Serum at the top of her head, near her part to avoid fly aways.
PRODUCTS USED FROM INFUSIUM:
- Repair + Renew Shampoo
- Infused with Keratin and Argan Oil, this formula gently cleanses fragile strands.
- For busy women who've been unkind to their hair -- damaging it with daily heat styling, regular color processing and harsh environments.
- With every wash! For optimum sheen and smoothness, follow with Infusium™ Repair + Renew Conditioner, and Original Leave-in Treatment.
- Massage into wet hair, lather and rinse well.
Available in-stores at Target starting end of January
*Product en route. All opinions are my own.