A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
I hate it when I weigh myself on my bathroom scale at home, thinking I am a certain weight, and then I go to the doctor, and their scale says I weigh MORE! I recently lost about 15 pounds, and was definitely in the market for a reliable bathroom scale.
I finally found the Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale! It is the perfect scale to accompany me on my weight loss journey, and I love it. It is stylish and includes all the functions I would expect from a bathroom weight scale.
I have confidence that the weight that is shown, when I step on the scale, is my accurate weight, so there is no guessing needed.
Here are the details of this scale: (Taken from Amazon)
- HIGHEST PRECISION – 4 high precision sensors with graduation increments of 0.2 lb work hard together to deliver trustworthy bathroom scale results to ensure that your body weight measurements are always consistent and accurate – our body weight scale will know if you eat an apple secretly! Measurement range: 11 lb to 400 lb.
- STURDIEST LARGE TEMPERED GLASS PLATFORM – Sturdiest tempered glass (6mm) ensures our body bathroom scale can hold up to 400 pounds. 12”×12” wide tempered glass platform design is perfect for all foot sizes and promises that you’ll never have a horrible weighing experience for breaking the bathroom scale glass because of overweight, let alone rollover.
- STEP ON & AUTO CALIBRATED TECHNOLOGY – This digital bathroom scale allows you to get immediate body weight reading as soon as you simply step on it. No more tapping to activate the bathroom scale! Auto ON/OFF, auto-zero, auto-calibration, low battery & overload indicators provide versatile scales digital weight functionalities. Just a simple clear step towards a healthier lifestyle.
- SAFE & STYLISH LOOK – This weight scale is designed to be a stylish yet elegant look that can blend into any space and even enhance your home decor. The sleek rounded corner can protect your family members from dangerous sharp edges of the scales digital weight.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY & LIFETIME CUSTOMER SERVICE - We are so confident that our LIFEHOOD scales digital weight are manufactured under strict quality standards to give our customers best weighing experience. For any problems, you can contact us and we will reply you immediately to solve all of your worries. Totally no risk of you! Just add it to your cart now!
Celebrity Makeup Artist Tasha Brown worked with bareMinerals Power of Good Ambassador, actress Letitia Wright for the recent Emmy Awards – below is a breakdown of the look!
Who: Letitia Wright at the 2018 Emmy Awards
Inspiration: Letitia's gorgeous gown featured great shine and texture which immediately inspired Celebrity Makeup Artist Tasha Brown to give Letitia peachy and bronze tones to keep her looking ethereal to match her dress. Tasha added soft, arched brows and golden eyeshadow with a natural skin finish, added glowing shimmery highlights on the cheekbones and eye lids.
How to Get the Look:
Tasha prepped Letitia’s skin by saturating her cleansed face with bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Defense to create a smooth moisturized canvas for makeup. She then applied bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation with SPF 15 in shade Golden Dark with the bareMinerals Beautiful Finish Foundation Brush in a tapping motion through the center of Letitia’s face for light coverage, creating an even base for the rest of her makeup.
Tasha used a sheer layer of bareMinerals BarePRO Glow Highlighter in Fierce to highlight the tops of Letitia’s cheekbones, center of nose and chin for a bit of glow and dimension. To add a healthy flush of color, Tasha lightly dusted bareMinerals’s Gen Nude Powder Blush in That Peach Tho along hairline, on temples and on cheeks with a large fluffy brush.
Tasha applied the deep bronze tones of the bareMinerals Gen Nude Eyeshadow Palette in Neutral all over the eyelid to better complement the color of Leticia’s gown.
Tasha finished off the lips without a liner for a softer edge to the lips and applied bareMinerals Gen Nude Lip Lacquer Buttercream Lipgloss in Flirt for a soft nude peach with sheen to match the sheen of the gown.
Where to Find Them:
bareMinerals products are available at bareMinerals boutiques and bareMinerals.com. Also available at Sephora, Sephora inside JCPenny, ULTA, Macy’s, Dillards, fine spas and salons. Visit bareminerals.com for store locations.
#CleanBeauty #PowerofGood #bareMinerals
Coconut Oil has so many amazing and useful qualities! No wonder there is a holiday named for this miracle made by mother nature. World Coconut Day is September 2nd, and I seemed to have missed out on that. No problem, however! Every day is coconut oil day for me, and millions of other people who rely on it for its countless uses.
UpSpring's 100% Pure Virgin Coconut Oil is the perfect go-to organic skin care hack that can easily replace a dozen products in your bathroom cabinet. Just put it to the test!
UpSpring's 100% Pure Virgin Coconut Oil is USDA certified organic, making it perfect for babies, toddlers, kids, moms, dads, grandparents and everyone in-between. Its soothing and protective qualities are ideal for dry skin and hair, chapped lips, stretch marks, scrapes and cuts, and so much more!
In fact, I just applied some to my eyelids to soothe them, because they are dry and flaky. I just found out (the hard way) that I am allergic to one of my new eye shadows, darn it! Most other products would further irritate my sensitive eyelids.
- Soothes, protects, moisturizes, and supports healing
- Is absorbed quickly with no greasy residue
- Made with USDA certified organic coconut oil
- Cold pressed to retain natural healing compounds
- Does not contain lanolin, petroleum, paraben, gluten, or GMOs
My baby grand daughter, Reylin just turned eight months old, and we use virgin coconut oil on her delicate skin. Baby Reylin has flaky skin on her precious little head, otherwise known as 'cradle cap.' Pure virgin coconut oil is the only product that we use to help soothe her skin and get rid of the dryness.
Baby Reylin and her Daddy, (my oldest son, Jonathan)
For moms, by moms, UpSpring is where innovation meets tradition. Made with love and backed by science, the brand was created to provide clinically-backed solutions for mom and baby from preconception and beyond including products that are accessible and affordable, while not sacrificing quality. UpSpring was founded in 2005 to help women better meet the everyday health and wellness challenges and frustrations of motherhood so they can simply enjoy the experience.
Throughout it all, mom inventors have continued to be a vital part of UpSpring's success working with leading scientists, microbiologists, chemists and other dedicated professionals who share the brand's goal of taking care of mom so mom can take care of baby. http://www.upspringbaby.com/
You can purchase this product here on Amazon
It is time to do a shout-out to one of the most fabulous anti-aging face-saving MIRACLE creams on the market! Here is my Beauty-Fave-of-the Day, The Better Skin Co MIRAKLE CREAM!
When I discover a skin care product that goes above and beyond its duty of making my skin look and feel radiant, young, healthy and beautiful, I feel that the world should know!
Better Skin Co. Mirakle Cream
THE CULT FAVORITE CREAM: Genius in a jar, THE BETTER SKIN CO MIRAKLE CREAM is a one-stop, skin-saving, problem-solving, all-purpose cream that transforms skin. This antioxidant-rich recipe, imported from the Republic of Uzbekistan, is handcrafted in the USA with love and beautiful ingredients such as coconut oil, sea buckthorn, shea butter, cocoa butter, aloe, and soothing algae to help moisturize, soften, balance and brighten skin. Peptides and hyaluronic acid help skin appear smoother, more youthful and radiant. For all skin types, women & men.
* Reduces the appearance of visible signs of aging
* Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
* Increase in radiance and luminosity
* Assist in hydrating the skin
* Soothes dry skin
* May reduce the appearance of sun spots, age spots and dark spots
* Paraben-free, gluten-free and vegan
Why I LOVE Better Skin Co. Mirakle Cream:
Better Skin Co. Mirakle Cream has saved my skin in more ways than one! It is the only facial cream that I take with me on trips because it has everything I need in one jar. I don't mess around with serums or any additional products when I have my Mirakle Cream with me. It makes my skin look youthful, it tightens my neck and jawline, it hydrates my skin and makes it dewey and supple. I use it as a day cream and a night cream, too!
Enter to win: Two winners will be chosen to receive a jar of Better Skin Co. Mirakle Cream! (ARV: $34 ea.)
How? It's easy! Just enter to win by filling out the Giveaway Tools form below. Good luck!
Purchase at Ulta.com
It is never too early to be shopping for the holidays! I always try to start in late September/early October! (But even then, sometimes I am not even close to being done in time for Christmas. I am always on the lookout for unique gifts to buy for my loved ones, and I was excited to come across this really cool home decor site called Axent Home Goods.
Axent Home Goods brings you beautiful, affordable home accents from around the world. From the modern to the exotic, from the locally-produced to the globally-sourced, they carry an eclectic array of décor pieces, each with a distinct sense of place.
Their selection is constantly changing, so please visit their website often for the latest décor finds. (And if you see something you really like, you must grab it fast. Many items are rare or one-of-a-kind!) Fill your home with gorgeous creations from Brooklyn artists, Chinese potters, Turkish weavers, Haitian metalworkers, Danish designers, and much more.
You are sure to find that perfect gift for someone special! Take a look at this gorgeous vase (below). Can you imagine the look of pure delight on your loved one's face when they receive this elegant and tasteful piece?
Musical Maidens Handmade Blue and White Ceramic Vase
This traditional Chinese vase, this lightweight classic piece features a happy scene of maidens playing musical instruments at a picnic. Great holiday gift idea! Made in Jingdezhen. Ceramic. 10″ height. You can enter to win it below!
Enter to win! One winner will receive a Musical Maidens Handmade Blue and White Ceramic Vase! (ARV: $50)
How? It's easy! Just fill out the GiveawayTools form below for your chance to win!
Axent Home Goods founder Eva Dilmanian brings you her favorite home decor discoveries from travels around the world. Follow her on Instagram @axenthomegoods.
There are plenty of reasons to smile more often, such as creating better first impressions, raising your vibration, spreading positive energy, and being more approachable.
Studies have proven that men are attracted to a woman with good teeth and a woman with a beautiful smile, so if you’re single and on the market, know that your pretty smile and those pearly whites can build attraction.
Smiling more can also enhance your mood and contribute to your career success. It’s natural that employers want to hire and promote those with a positive attitude, and smiling more will communicate your positive attitude.
Is there a reason why you don’t smile as often as you should? Our friends at Truedent Family Dentistry remind us that if you’re not happy with your smile, something as easy as professional teeth whitening can help beautify your smile, making you feel more confident and more willing to smile. They explain: “Professional tooth whitening is an effective and simple method to obtain a whiter and brighter smile. Tooth whitening is the most common dental cosmetic procedure in the world and generally provides the most benefits as part of a smile makeover plan.” If you feel that you need a smile makeover in order to feel confident smiling more often, then get a smile makeover. Smiling more will change your life for the better. Here are 5 reasons you should smile more often:
1. Smiling Improves Your Mood
If you’re ever in a bad mood, or you’re feeling overly stressed, try smiling. The physical act of smiling tricks your brain, and releases endorphins that cause you to feel happier. Since smiles are contagious, you’ll also cause the people around you to smile and feel happier. This means that by smiling, you can change your environment by getting others around you to smile, leading to a wave of positive energy taking over. Smiling will therefore improve your mood and your environment.
2. Smiling Makes You More Productive and More Creative
Smiling can positively affect the way you work, both at home and at the workplace. Since smiling helps your brain to release endorphins and feel happier, you’ll naturally find yourself being more productive when you’re happier. Studies have found that our happiness has positive effects on productivity. Positive emotions invigorate and energize us, while negative emotions cause us to feel de-motivated and hopeless. Further studies have shown that positive moods lead to more creative and more comprehensive approaches to solving problems in life. Positive moods give you more mental clarity and more control over real-world situations.
3. Smiling Helps You Make a Great First Impression
Smiling makes you appear more confident, trustworthy, positive and attractive. In many ways, a smile is one of the best ways to create a great first impression. That’s why you should always smile during a job interview, a first date, an important meeting or at a social gathering. You’ll make a good impression and you’ll instantly be more likeable.
If you’re single, know that smiling on a first date instantly makes you more attractive. Your positive mood is infectious, and your date will have a much better time if your positivity rubs off on him. During a job interview, a smile communicates the fact that you’ll bring a positive energy into the workplace, be more productive, and you’ll be easy to work with.
4. Smiling Makes You a Better Role Model
If you’re a mother who wants to be a great role model for her kids, know that smiling more makes you a better role model. By smiling every day, and smiling consistently around your children, you’re creating a positive environment for them. You’re spreading positivity. Remember that smiles are contagious and positive vibrations surround those who smile. You’re creating a better home life for your children, allowing them to feel safe in a positive space. Plus, the best role models are confident, happy women who feel comfortable in their own skin. Smiling communicates these qualities.
5. Smiling Leads to More Opportunities
One of the reasons why smiling leads to more opportunities in life is because smiling makes you more approachable. More people will want to talk to you at networking events, for example, because you look friendly and non-threatening if you’re smiling. You’ll naturally get more opportunities offered to you if you smile more. Another reason smiling leads to more opportunities is because you seem more level-headed and more trustworthy due to your positive vibrations.
I have such a hard time finding healthful snacks that my twelve year old son will eat. I mean, if it isn't spicy Doritos, he'll ignore it. But thankfully, I was given the chance to try out NEW Pistachio + Plum Chewy Bites from Setton Farms, and my son actually liked them! What a miracle!
These chewy bites are a great snack for busy parents on the go and hungry kids! The all natural, bite-size bars are packed with over 50% pistachios that were all grown in California’s Central Valley. Pistachios are super healthy and are loaded with protein, fiber, potassium, antioxidants, and Vitamin B6. Pistachio + Plum Chewy Bites are an easy way to get your daily dose of pistachios. Ideal for a mid afternoon or on-the-go snack, the individually wrapped bars are easy to toss in lunch boxes, gym bags, or in the car.
They are so delicious, I could eat them all day long! As you can see in the picture below, they can get a little messy, so be sure to have plenty of napkins, and/or wet wipes on hand. But every morsel of this ooey-gooey goodness is purely delightful!
Buy them on Amazon!
With cell phones always in hand, capturing everyday moments has never been easier. However, as convenient as it is to snap a pic and share it socially in today’s digital age, the art of exchanging physical photos with friends and family or framing images to display has been all but abandoned, until now!
KiiPix ™ from TOMY is a portable, affordable and easy-to-use instant film printer, requiring no special apps and no batteries, making it a “snap” (pun totally intended!) to capture, print and share. This compact instant film printer turns your smartphone snaps into retro-stylized printed photos in three easy steps.
- Decorate a locker or dorm room
- Photobooth for a special occasion: birthday, wedding, baby shower, bridal shower, etc.
- Baby’s milestones to send to a grandparent
- Or just a fun night out with friends!
Here’s a few things about KiiPix:
- KiiPix from TOMY (pronounce toe-me) is an easy-to-use instant film printer that does not require any special apps or batteries
- Get printed photos in a “snap”:
~Simply open KiiPix
~Place your phone on top
~Push the button and turn the knob to watch KiiPix turn memories into physical, sharable photos to give to friends and family
- Take it anywhere! Compact size folds flat
- For best results when printing: make sure your screen lock is on and that you turn your phone’s brightness all the way up. Align the KiiPix frame to your phone and then place on top of KiiPix. Use the reflective mirror to make sure the photo is lined up the way you want it.
- Suggested Retail: $39.99 (film not included—printer uses Instax Mini Film)
I love my KiiPix film printer! It is so easy to set up and use. I am having a lot of fun printing up some of my favorite pictures from my phone. I am pleasantly surprised that the photos turn out so clearly and beautifully!
I am looking forward to using my KiiPix to create fun family memories, such as Christmas tree ornaments and photo collages to give as gifts. The possibilities are endless!
KiiPix is available on Amazon
I was recently given the chance to review a new product that sounded rather intriguing to me. A fruit spread that is sweetened with all natural Pure Golden Maple Syrup! I was actually thinking that the flavor of maple would overpower the taste of the fruit, but I was wrong! All I taste is delicious fruit.
I received samples of Polaner Fruit & Maple Premium Fruit Spread in peach and raspberry.
It is made from delicious fruits and real (pure) golden maple syrup – from Polaner, a food company that is over 100 years old. Their ingredients are so clean and simple:
Raspberry: raspberries; maple syrup; raspberry juice concentrate and fruit pectin.
Peach: peaches; maple syrup; peach juice concentrate, fruit pectin and citric acid ( natural preservative in the peach)
I opened each jar to sample them as soon as I received them. I enjoyed the most delicious sweetness of raspberries and peaches. Each flavor tasted as fresh as homemade. I couldn't detect the maple syrup at all, just pure, sweet fruit.
I have used these spreads in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, on my toast and as a spread on pancakes.
You can even use these spreads in baking. See the recipe below for these delicious raspberry lemon bars!
Raspberry lemon bars:
yield: MAKES 16 BARS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR 25 MINUTES (INCLUDES CHILL TIME)
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
For the Filling:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1-14 oz. can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- One jar of Polaner raspberry Fruit & Maple premium Fruit Spread
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 8 by 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Stir until graham cracker crumbs are moist. Press crumbs into the prepared pan, pressing the crust mixture one inch up the side of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the crust is cool, combine the egg yolks and condensed milk until well mixed. Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until mixture begins to slightly thicken. Gently fold in the raspberries. Fold carefully so you don’t break the raspberries.
- Spread the Polaner Fruit & Maple premium Fruit Spread evenly over the graham cracker crust in a nice, thick layer
- Pour the lemon raspberry filling evenly over the fruit spread layer. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill for at least one hour before serving. Cut into bars and serve. Keep bars in the refrigerator-up to five days.
- Top with powdered sugar and fresh raspberries for garnish (optional) *Note-use fresh raspberries and make sure you gently fold the berries into the lemon filling or you will have pink bars.
For more information go to: https://polanerspreads.com
*Product received. All opinions are my own.
School is back in session! If your child is anything like my picky youngster, then you know what it is like to try everything under the sun to get them to eat something they like!
Thankfully, Smucker’s, Jif and Uncrustables products provide parents with easy and delicious lunch time and after school snack solutions. I have never been so happy that my son enjoys peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!
Here are some fun and interesting facts that about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that I have gathered:
- The Average American Eats 1,500 PB&Js Before Graduating High School
- 30% of Parents Make a PB&J for Themselves When They Make One for Their Kids
- 68% of Americans Prefer Creamy Peanut Butter to Crunchy
- In 1998, The J.M. Smucker Co. introduced Goober, a jarred product which combined alternating vertical stripes of peanut butter and jelly.
- February 12th and April 2nd are both National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day.
- During World War II, it is said that both peanut butter and jelly were found on U.S. soldiers’ military ration list.
- November 13, 2010, the World’s Largest PB&J Sandwich was made at the Great American Peanut Butter Festival in Grand Saline, TX. The new record stands at 1,342 pounds! 720 pounds of bread, 493 pounds of peanut butter and 129 pounds of jelly.
My son, Braxton has started sixth grade this year, and his favorite daily school lunch is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with Jif natural creamy peanut butter and Smucker's natural strawberry or raspberry fruit spread.
Jif and Smucker's are the favorite brands for my family, and have been for as long as I have been a mother! (Going on 25 years now.)
I can always rely on Jif to provide the best tasting, rich and creamy peanut butter, and Smucker's has the most delicious variety of fruit spreads I have ever had! We are also fond of Crustables, and Jif's new Natural Creamy Peanut Butter To-Go cups, which are perfect for dipping pretzels and celery sticks.