A Family, Beauty, Health and Lifestyle Blog
New York Fashion Week (NYFW) showcased a lot of gorgeous hairstyles, but we noticed one common trend among them: sleek middle parts.
So we decided to try out this gorgeous trend for ourselves and show you exactly how to achieve the look. So without further ado, here’s our NYFW inspired hairstyle tutorial!
Part the hair right down the middle.
Then use a small pump of Smoothing Serum to add a sleek shine.
Clip up all the hair except for the front pieces.
Then secure those pieces at the base of the neck with a rubber band.
Coat the hair in a light layer of Flexible Hold Hairspray and curl it with the Infrared Curling Iron. Brush out curls to break them up a bit.
And that’s it! A gorgeous sleek NYFW Inspired Hairstyle!
You can leave this as is or add a little pizzazz with a side braid. Secure the end of the braid with a rubber band and wrap it with a piece of hair to hide it.
Gently pull on this sides of the braid to widen it. Finish with 3-in-1 Mist for added shine and UV ray protection.
And voila! Another gorgeous NYFW inspired hairstyle! Try it yourself and let us know how it works for you! Be sure to share your photos on my Facebook page, and hashtag #NYFW!
ColorProof Evolved Color Care and Bio Ionic swept the runway with the latest trends in hair at NYFW’s Prabal Gurung SS ‘17 show this evening with celebrity stylist Anthony Turner. See below for the step by step.
Hair Look: “The Soft Rebel”
Inspiration: The hair complements the Spring/Summer 2017 Collection – Rock n Roll inspired, yet feminine, for the rebellious, strong woman
GET THE LOOK Step-by-Step:
- Begin with freshly shampooed hair using ColorProof ClearItUp Detox Shampoo ($34). All ColorProof products are Sulfate-free, Gluten-free, Paraben-free, 100% vegan, and contain certified organic botanicals to provide natural conditioning to balance, nourish and protect!
- Apply ColorProof IronMaster Color and Heat Protecting Setting Spray ($32) to damp hair for all over heat protection
- Prep the hair with ColorProof LiftIt Color Protect Foam Mousse ($26), adding 2-3 pumps to each hair section, starting from the bottom; blow dry with Bio Ionic GoldPro Dryer ($135)infused with 24k gold for even heat conductivity. Use the Bio Ionic GoldPro Medium Round Brush ($18) to create even texture
- Once dry, apply 1-2 pumps of ColorProof RadicallySmooth Anti-Frizz Serum ($28) to rid hair of any flyaways
- Using Bio Ionic GoldPro Paddle Brush ($18), create a messy middle part; fluff the hair forward covering most of the forehead; bend the front pieces on either side of the face and pin back so a bend is created when hair is released
- Pull a few loose pieces forward and use Bio Ionic GoldPro Curling Iron 1” ($90), a conditioning tool used to infuse moisture back into the hair, to create extremely light, deconstructed waves for soft texture around the face and in the back of the head, spray ColorProof HardCore Epic Hold Color Protect Hairspray ($24) all over to secure for a long lasting soft wave
- Apply ColorProof TextureCharge Color Protect Texture + Finishing Spray ($32) to complete the look
ColorProof ClearItUp Detox Shampoo ($34;ColorProof.com)
This Sulfate-free, 100% vegan, next generation, super-charged detoxifier is the ultimate rehab for color treated hair. Special ingredients, including baking soda and Vitamins C and E, very gently cleanse and deodorize hair while removing dulling build-up, without stripping color. Leaves hair feeling amazingly clean, soft, touchable and weightless.
*The golden key to fully cleansing the models hair from buildup & oil!
ColorProof IronMaster Color and Heat Protecting Setting Spray ($32; ColorProof.com)
Get ready. Get set. Lock iron work into place while defending hair from heat damage, friction and fadeage. This heat-activated setting spray provides a long-lasting, invisible shield around the hair shaft for ultimate color and heat protection. Strengthens hair and transforms texture while holding shape, sealing in smoothness and enhancing shine.
ColorProof LiftIt Color Protect Foam Mousse ($26;ColorProof.com)
This weightless, whipped volumizing mousse with revolutionary resin technology and Pro Vitamin B5 Panthenol infuses clean lift, lasting body and dazzling shine to hair while the Advanced ColorLast System provides unsurpassed color and heat protection. Who says you can't have it all!
ColorProof RadicallySmooth Anti-Frizz Serum ($28;ColorProof.com)
This next generation serum instantly smoothes for long-lasting, frizz-free style with full spectrum UVA/UVB color and heat protection. Feather-light, heat-activated formula effortlessly tames and defies while reducing drying time. Features our proprietary smoothing blend of Camellia and Abyssinian Oils along with soy lipids and seaweed to seal hairs' cuticle and provide intense surface smoothing with long-lasting shine.
ColorProof HardCore Epic Hold Color Protect Hairspray ($24; ColorProof.com)
This super-holding, fast-drying, backstage favorite designed exclusively for color treated hair amplifies and provides long-lasting epic hold, humidity resistance and brilliant shine, while strengthening and protecting hair. Powerful next generation polymers and natural ceramides lock your look in place with exceptional style memory and unprecedented color and heat protection. Bigger, better, stronger.
ColorProof TextureCharge Color Protect Texture + Finishing Spray ($32; ColorProof.com)
Take charge of your texture. Get instant, weightless, cool girl texture on freshly washed or second day hair. This super-clean-feeling formula absorbs excess oil while creating a charge that repels fibers away from one another infusing buildable texture, instant volume and subtle definition. Delivers maximum color and heat protection, plus it's revivable. Spray more for effortlessly recharged, sexy, tousled, texture day 2, 3, or 4!
Bio Ionic GoldPro Dryer ($135; BioIonic.com)
24K Gold Ceramic Mineral Complex is infused into the Bio Ionic GoldPro Styling Collection. The 24K Gold insures constant, even heat distribution throughout each tool, while the Ceramic Mineral Complex infuses moisture deep into the hair giving it a healthy, superior shine. 1875 Watts, lightweight, 1.2 lbs., 1 Year Warranty.
Bio Ionic GoldPro Pro Curling Iron (1” & 1.25” wide barrel; $90.00; Ulta.com)
24K Gold ensures constant and even heat distribution throughout the entire barrel. Ceramic Mineral Complex micronizes water molecules to penetrate hair for superior hydration, condition and shine. Digital temperature control up to 450° makes it suitable for all hair types. 1 hour shut off.
Bio Ionic GoldPro Brush Series ($18.00; BioIonic.com)
This ultra-lightweight brush conditions, smooths, and adds shine. The 24K Gold Ceramic barrel conducts even heat for faster blow-drying. Ceramic Mineral in the bristles infuses hydration.
*Products being sent. Any opinions are my own.
Are you enjoying NYFW? I find it very interesting myself. Here are some tips for you to achieve some of the popular looks inspired by NYFW:
NYFW “Get the Look” tips from James Pecis for Hot Tools and PHYTO from Zero+Maria Cornejo
Discovering New Orleans – the sensual heat, hot-house flowers, the vibrant, soulful mix of cultures and people. Layers of history, memories, the music, the smells, the tastes, the languages and the rituals of a city surviving centuries of change. Un-embellished white and the absence of color allows the eye to focus on cut, construction and form.
Exudes the soul and sensuality of the South. Eco-friendly and sustainable while making a commitment for change.
GET THE LOOK :
- Part the hair in the middle.
- Prep the hair with PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray and dry using the Hot Tools Tourmaline Turbo Ionic Dryer .
- Surrounding the face, use Hot Tools 1” Professional Marcel Curling Iron to create “S” shape wave. Start by working from the top down and clamp the hair over and under the iron, repetitively.
- Working towards the back, repeat the technique using Hot Tools 1 ¼” Professional Marcel Curling Iron .
- Break up the waves with PHYTO Professional Fiber Paste – rub it in all over to give it a slightly messy texture.
- Twist the hair into four sections: crown, right, left and back, and clip lightly. Let it sit.
- After a few minutes, let the hair down and mess around for added volume & texture.
- Finish with PHYTO Professional Phytolaque Soie Light Hold Hairspray to make sure strands stay in place.
*Product being sent
In case you missed it, on Wednesday, Burt’s Bees steered the make up look for the Steven Alan fashion show. Steven Alan’s shared vision of natural beauty was the perfect complement to Burt’s Bees notion that nature is the original color expert. The like-minded brands agreed that the collection was best paired with a natural makeup look that placed full emphasis on the color of the lip.
Here is a Breakdown of the Look:
Step by Step
- Glowing, dewy skin was a critical part of the overall aesthetic and to deliver a truly ethereal glow, she prepped the skin with a Jenette Be Happy Toning Mist and applied a few drops of Burt’s Bees Radiance Serum.
- Then, she applied a sheer wash of Vapour Organic Beauty Cream Foundation to the T-zone only using a Dermablend Foundation brush for the lightest of application. A dampened Beauty Blender was then patted over the foundation for the perfect natural looking finish.
- For luminosity and dimension, a lightly shimmer-infused sheer highlighting cream, Polkadots and Moonbeams from Ilia Beauty, was applied to the places on the face where light first reflects: bridge of the nose, cheekbones, apples of the cheeks, cupids bow and eyelids. Katey used a Vert feathery stippling brush for maximum effect and sheerest application.
- For eyes, Katey applied no shadow or liner to keep the focus on the lip and skin. She simply curled the lashes and brushed the brows upward and at an angle to emphasize the models’ natural arch. W3ll People Brow Pigment Powder was lightly feathered into the outer 1/3 of the brow.
- To finish the look and create the focal point Katey took the custom matched Burt’s Bees Lip Crayon and filled the models lips in with layers of color building to the desired intensity. She used her ring finger to pat a bit more color to the center of the lips for added definition.
- Lastly, Katey applied Vapour Beauty Concealer to the under eye area to combat dark circles and around the nose to eliminate any remaining redness or discoloration.
My Experience: I received samples of Burt's Bees Lip Crayons, balms and glosses to review. My daughters and I are huge fans of Burt's Bees products! The colors are gorgeous and long lasting. The lip glosses are highly pigmented and very shiny. The Lip Crayons make lips feel smooth, sexy and moisturized. My daughters love taking the tinted lip balms to school for a quick pop of color, plus to soothe rough chapped lips. In the photo of my daughter Myelie, below, she is sporting Burt's Bees Lip Crayon in Redwood Forest.
To learn more about Burt's Bees go to: http://www.burtsbees.com/
Disclaimer: I received samples of Burt's Bees products to review and to keep. All opinions are my own.