How do you choose the correct multivitamins to keep your body in optimum health?
The term ‘multivitamins’ describes a whole host of organic substances essential for growth and for various bodily functions (reproduction, health maintenance, cognitive activity, well-being …). With no inherent calorific value, they include vitamins which the body is unable to produce, antioxidants, phytonutrients, minerals and other natural nutrients. They are referred to as micronutrients because they are present in the diet in trace amounts.
The levels needed to maintain normal health and optimal physiological function vary from individual to individual, depending on state of health (presence of chronic or digestive disease, cancer, alcoholism, restricted diet) and stage of life (growth, pregnancy, breastfeeding, old age). It is often difficult to identify deficiency before clinical symptoms appear and by the time they do, it is likely the deficit has already reached an advanced stage.
Each vitamin produces several specific effects but the interactions between them are also beneficial. These manifest as either additional, or synergistic effects. This is why expert formulation is key to the efficacy of a multivitamin complex.
Daily 2® Timed Release
Multivitamin formulation with sustained release
- quintessential supplement;
- fulfils basic requirements for antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and trace elements;
- 32 ingredients selected for their optimal bioavailability and absorption.
This new formulation perhaps epitomizes the best that nutritional supplementation offers in the way of prevention, protection and therapeutic potential.
Who is it aimed at?
It is ideal for meeting the needs represented by the first level of the SuperSmart nutritional pyramid, and offers a useful alternative for regular users of Daily 3® or Daily 6®, two other benchmark multivitamins. It is an excellent formulation for ensuring a minimum daily intake of micronutrients: all the vitamins and minerals included have been selected for their clinical validity as well as for their optimal bioavailability and absorption.
This formulation contains no less than 32 ingredients which are naturally free from all artificial colours, preservatives and known allergens (dairy, fish, eggs, gluten yeast, soya…).
How have the forms of vitamins been selected?
The vitamin E complex comprises all tocopherols and their isomers for boosting the immune system, and helping prevent cardiovascular problems, Alzheimer’s disease, macular degeneration, diabetes etc.
Vitamin A is included with its carotene precursors: the alpha and beta carotenoids, as well as lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-cryptoxanthin. The majority of multivitamins offer synthetic beta-carotene only.
Vitamins K1 and K2 (menaquinone 7) help boost blood coagulation and bone metabolism.
Particular attention has been paid to the form of folic acid chosen. Unlike most available folic acid, the form in Daily 2® is metabolically-active (metafolin L5 methyltetrahydrofolate) and is thus better absorbed and directly usable by individuals with methylenetetrahydro-folate-reductase (MTHFR) polymorphism.
The choice of vitamin B12 – methylcobalamine – is a particularly safe, oral form of a nutrient that is recognised for being hard to absorb.
As you might expect, this formulation contains vitamin D3, hailed as the new panacea. The 600IU provided per tablet will, at the daily dose suggested, boost levels to those necessary for ensuring bone health as well as for helping to provide multi-faceted protection against cancer, a property extensively studied in recent years.
Are there other elements that make this formulation even more exceptional?
The minerals and trace elements all have verified bioavailability and validity.
Produced using the patented Albion Process (the gold standard), all the amino acid chelates have low molecular weight which helps ensure exceptional tolerance and bioavailability.
It contains the complex calcium citrate malate which has been widely studied for its efficacy and excellent absorption.
Chromium and organic vanadium have also been included for their physiological activity, widely demonstrated in a number of metabolic and inflammatory problems such as type 2 diabetes and obesity.
It is also worth mentioning the addition of rare elements such as NADH, R-alpha-lipoic acid and PQQ. All three are part of SuperSmart’s extensive anti-aging range, of which the most popular supplement is probably Longevity Nutrients.
Finally, we should not forget the major advantages offered by the galenic formulation of Daily 2® Timed Release which enables the tablet’s content to be continually released over time. Whether taken on its own, or in combination with other products, Daily 2® has established itself as a ‘must-take’ nutritional supplement.
- Provides a synergy of essential organic substances
- Helps prevent cardiovascular diseases, cancers, and skin problems
Daily 3® is the most powerful and nutrient-rich formulation available in a single, three times-a-day capsule. Daily 3® contains significant levels of vitamins, essential minerals and other important nutrients and phytonutrients which together provide substantial, synergistic protection. Biologically active, the levels of nutrients in Daily 3® are higher than those provided by even the healthiest and most varied and balanced diet.
Daily 3 now contains 43 different nutrients
Taken every day, Daily 3® provides all the nutrients you need to maintain and improve your health – essential antioxidant vitamins and minerals, the most absorbable and scientifically-supported forms of chromium, selenium and zinc, the acetylated form of the amino acid cysteine to boost cellular levels of glutathione, the full spectrum of natural forms of vitamin E (alpha- and gamma-tocopherol, and tocotrienol), both forms of vitamin C (water- and fat-soluble), lutein and zeaxanthin essential for eye health, and a blend of standardized berry extracts to provide high levels of anthocyanins with added green tea extract and Bioperine®.
New Daily 3 is the first multivitamin to provide an active dose of pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ).
PQQ is a disodium salt of quinone obtained through fermentation. The prestigious journal Nature has identified it as a potential new B group vitamin. However, PQQ’s properties extend well beyond providing this essential nutrient:
PQQ is a redox cofactor with particularly high molecular stability which can carry out thousands of electron transfers before it breaks down. As a result, it has up to 5,000 times more antioxidant potency for neutralising superoxide and hydroxyl free radicals than vitamin C.
PQQ also promotes mitochondrial biogenesis. It activates the genes that control the reproduction of mitochondria, stimulating their generation even within ageing cells. As we grow older, our cells lose mitochondria, resulting in an energy deficit that is associated with the majority of degenerative diseases. PQQ is the only substance known to address this serious problem. For more information on this subject, see “Mitochondrial Formula”:
Daily 3®enriched formula
Reflecting the latest scientific advances, Daily 3® has been reformulated to offer maximum daily protection to all the body’s cells with the addition of:
• Luteolin, a flavonoid pigment found widely in Nature (in celery, artichoke, parsley, thyme and propolis…) which has been the subject of over 2000 published studies highlighting its many benefits for brain health and longevity as well as its anti-cancer properties.It combats mitochondrial ageing, now acknowledged as a central part of the overall ageing process. Reductions in mitochondria lead to increased generation of free radicals and thus have a direct link with ageing. Some studies suggest that luteolin may combat mitochondrial ageing by activating production of cellular antioxidants, and may justifiably claim the title “anti-aging molecule”.
- – It is also a powerful antioxidant – twice as effective in fact as vitamins C and E and seven other flavonoids at combatting oxidative damage to cell DNA, thus enabling DNA integrity to remain completely intact.
- – With proven anti-cancer properties, it is believed to influence the initiation and promotion phases of carcinogenesis and improve the detoxification process. Pre-treatment with luteolin has been shown to greatly induce apoptosis in a number of human cell lines, including cancers of the colon and cervix and to inhibit cell proliferation, angiogenesis and metastases. It may also help to maintain healthy methylation and protect against cell-damaging DNA mutations which are thought to be a key factor in the development of cancer.
- – Other studies have demonstrated its cognitive-protective properties (memory, cognition, motor function), through the restriction of inflammation and disruption to optimal function of healthy cells by interleukin 6 (IL-6)-type cytokines. In addition, it helps reduce levels of amyloid proteins by protecting mitochondria from free radical attack.
- – Lastly, it counteracts various allergic processes through its power to inhibit mastocyte generation of histamine and other inflammatory substances.
Apigenin or apigenol, also a member of the flavone group, is abundant in celery seeds, parsley, fenugreek and tea, and in the Mediterranean diet. Shown to be an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, and in animal studies, to regulate blood sugar, apigenin has primarily been identified as particularly effective at making cancer cells uncharacteristically ‘mortal’. As demonstrated by Professor Andrea Doseff of the Comprehensive Cancer Center at Ohio State University, it somehow restores the normal profile of cancer cells, particularly those of breast cancer.
In addition to these two polyphenols, the new formulation contains two previously-included nutrients but in different forms.
• Quatrefolic® acid, or fourth generation folate, replaces folinic acid (calcium folinate). With better water-solubility, this form offers much greater bioavailability.
- – It acts as a key coenzyme in a number of vital metabolic reactions: the transfer of one-carbon fragments, the biosynthesis of purine and pyrimidine bases as well as in the metabolism of several important amino acids.
- – Together with vitamin B12, it ensures the conversion of homocysteine into methionine which is essential for healthy cardiovascular function.
- – Conversion of tetrahydrofolic acid to 5-methyltetrahydrofolate in the body is mediated by the action of a particular enzyme. In individuals with a genetic defect, this conversion is limited, predisposing them to an increased risk of certain diseases. Supplementation with 5-methyltetrahydrofolate is therefore preferable to folic acid, since it is immediately available to react with homocysteine to avoid hyperhomocysteineaemia.
- – Not only is quatrefolic® acid highly bioavailable for direct use by the body, but it is also a completely safe form that does not result in increased levels of unmetabolized folic acid, the long-term effects of which are as yet unknown.
For more information or to place an order go to: https://us.supersmart.com/en