Kick off St. Patrick’s Day with a stiff Irish Coffee and keep the celebration going late night with an Irish Espresso Martini. Volcanica Coffee recipes are below that will give the good luck of the Irish!
VOLCANICA COFFEE’S IRISH ESPRESSO MARTINI RECIPE
1.5 oz of Irish Whiskey
½ oz of coffee liqueur
½ oz of Bailey’s Irish Cream
2 oz of cooled espresso using Volcanica Coffee’s Café Cubano Miami Espresso Blend
- In a shaker glass, pour in your ingredients. Fill with ice and shake until shaker is frosty.
- Strain into martini glass.
VOLCANICA COFFEE’S IRISH COFFEE RECIPE
1½ to 2 oz (45 to 60ml) Irish whiskey, to taste
4 oz (120ml) fresh-brewed Dark Roast Costa Rica Nespresso Coffee Pods
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 oz (60ml) heavy cream, very cold
Unsweetened cocoa powder, for garnish
- 1. Fill the cups with hot water to warm them up.
- Whip the cold cream until thick, but not stiff; it should still be able to run off of a spoon. Set aside. Tip: The key to success for whipped cream is to keep it very cold, so put your whisk and a stainless steel bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes before.
- Pour the warm water out of the coffee mugs. Fill ¾ full with coffee, add the brown sugar and stir well until dissolved. Add a few drops of coffee into the whipped cream and stir to combine.
- Add the whiskey into coffee and stir to combine.
- Hold a spoon upside down over the coffee, the tip touching the glass edge and the surface of coffee. Gently pour the cream over the back of the spoon, allowing it to gently pool on top of the coffee; filling to the top of the mug. Do not stir. You should obtain a lovely layering that looks like a pint of Guiness!
- Using a stenciled shamrock, sprinkle cocoa powder over the cream to make a beautiful drawing.
ABOUT VOLCANICA COFFEE
Volcanica Coffee is a specialty coffee roaster that imports 150+ exotic coffees from volcanic regions around the world. The mineral-rich soil from volcanic regions produces coffee that is aromatic and remarkable in taste. The company carries a broad line of estate, peaberry, decaf and flavored coffees. Volcanica Coffee’s website offers subscription and individual purchases.
For more information, visit www.VolcanicaCoffee.com
Leave a Reply